Russian Circles

tangy

i have been looking for Enter in stores for quite a while and i finally found a copy so i picked it up and wow, it was deff worth the buy. for three guys, they put alot of music. huh, sounds kinda familiar... Edited by guitarman_2112

These guys are really, really good. As are a few of the other leaders in the small sub-genre of Post-Rock/Metal...bands like Red Sparowes, Pelican, Isis and Mouth of the Architect. It's amazing how similar our musical interests here at TRF truly are. If you like Rush, there's a good chance that you'll like other bands of varying intellectual and emotional depth. I think it's true, yo. And, this Post-Rock direction has been like a revelation to those of us who care for that kinda multi-dimensional approach to their music. These bands seem to mix equal parts Indie Rock, Prog Rock and Metal into a very alluring brew of musicianship and art. And, you don't miss the vocal lines one lil' bit because the guitars deliver very interesting melody lines to make up for its absence. Worth hearing, indeed.

http://www.last.fm/music/Russian+Circles/Enter

Russian Circles - Enter

http://www.last.fm/music/Russian+Circles/Station

Russian Circles - Station

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 15 2009, 10:25 PM)
Never heard of them. But I will check Amazon and see if I can get a CD there. Thanks for the info. trink39.gif

Check out the two above links for full samples of the entire album.

Last FM is a good resource.

I just wanna make mention of a small to medium-large feature of the Last FM website that makes hanging out there oh-so-special.

The site has a feature where you plug in the name of the artist you're diggin' at the moment and the program comes up with a whole lotta similar artists. Even gives you a scale of just how similar the music is to your band of your choice.

This is a great way to discover different artists. You choose just how far out of your comfort zone you'd like to travel. I've found quite a number of winners this way. And, the site is pretty good in what they have as samples.

http://www.last.fm/music/Russian+Circles/+similar?page=1

Edited by naturalsciences101

Geneva from Russian Circles is an amazing album and a great starting point if you want to check out this incredible band. :haz:
  • Like 2

Geneva from Russian Circles is an amazing album and a great starting point if you want to check out this incredible band. :haz:

Great album. Really liked Empros as well. Still haven't heard the most recent album though.

• Like 1