Playstation 3 / PS3

Godeater2112

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 14 2009, 12:19 AM)
I really wish they had Tourist Trophy for PS3.

I dig playing MotoGP, and Little Big Planet.

Does anyone ever play those online?

I am Jane_Honda.

I love watching MotoGP, But will probably wait until '09 comes out before buying it, Also Got Little Big Planet,

Quantum of solace

Madden nfl '09

Cod 4 & 5

Mercs 2

Rainbow 6, Las vegas2

Racedriver grid

Burnout

NFS Undercover

GTA IV

There was too many sales on at Christmas, Bagged a few games at half price

http://www.soldner-x.com/gamertag_15181.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (LaVilla @ Jan 14 2009, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 14 2009, 12:19 AM)
I really wish they had Tourist Trophy for PS3.

I dig playing MotoGP, and Little Big Planet.

Does anyone ever play those online?

I am Jane_Honda.

I love watching MotoGP, But will probably wait until '09 comes out before buying it, Also Got Little Big Planet,

Quantum of solace

Madden nfl '09

Cod 4 & 5

Mercs 2

Rainbow 6, Las vegas2

Racedriver grid

Burnout

NFS Undercover

GTA IV

There was too many sales on at Christmas, Bagged a few games at half price

http://www.soldner-x.com/gamertag_15181.gif

NICE!

Burnout is really fun. For me its nearly the perfect racer - excellent graphics and vehicle handling but not so much a rigid simulator - more leaning to the arcade racing style for sure.

The new GTA I actually didn't care for much and never bothered finishing it - and I've been an avid fan of the series since day one.... I'm actually having more fun right now playing Bully on the 360.

PS3-wise I'd liek to check out Little Big Planet one of these days soon...

Of course if you haven't tried them Rock Bnad 2 is awesome if you're into that, and the latest Metal Gear Solid is one of the most awesome and epic games I've ever played - highly recommended.

I picked up Little Big Planet and have just started getting into it. I went as far as required to unlock the 'build your own' part of the game and I can say that it could easily soak up hours of your life and is pretty cool.

My son likes playing it a lot but I havent tried it online yet, because I really don't know what I'm doing in the game.

On another note, any COD5 fans here finish the single-player game and unlock the surprise at the end? That surprise ends up being endlessly entertaining when played cooperatively with a few friends. :-D

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jan 14 2009, 07:11 PM)
On another note, any COD5 fans here finish the single-player game and unlock the surprise at the end? That surprise ends up being endlessly entertaining when played cooperatively with a few friends. :-D

Agreed, Spent many hours with friends trying to keep 'Them' off our back. Really been playing quite a lot of that level, Good fun

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jan 14 2009, 01:11 PM)

I rented it, just to try it out....

Tryarch cannot make a game like Infinity Ward does.... that is plain and simple....

I was impressed with World at War (certaintly better than Treyarch's last attempt at a Call of duty game (COD 3)) but still not impressive enough to keep me away from COD4...

Thankfully Infinity Ward will be back this fall with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Upgraded my 60GB drive to a 320GB, was very easy. Was starting to run out of room on original drive. There's a YouTube video that demonstrates the upgrade.

Got Little Big Planet, Rockband 2 and Tekken 5

Been having a blast with Rockband 2. Just downloaded Space Truckin and Hymn 43, son and I rocked out on those last night.

1022.gif

The cool thing about LBP, is my best girl friend and I can both play, me in Canby, her in Oregon City, and just 'hang out' and have fun.

We know each well enough to not really need any dialog. I am having a blast!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 2 2009, 12:44 PM)
I probably will be picking up Killzone 2 in the coming weeks...

I admit.... I am getting burnt out on COD4..... I need a good FPS to hold me until COD:MW2

I'm guessing you don't like Call of Duty: World At War? Personally, I think its a great game. Perhaps not as outstanding as COD4, but a nice change and some fun new maps. I dont think Treyarch can hold a candle to Infinity Ward and I'm with you on that. For FPS, COD4 is still the gold standard. But I definitely think COD:WaW deserves some play.

I picked up Killzone 2 the day it came out, and while its still very early, my impressions are a bit "meh". I think that in general, that style of FPS just isnt my thing. The realism that the COD and SOCOM series bring to FPS is something that I really like. The more arcadish weaponry and armor make navigating KZ2 clunky and slow. If you like the KZ series, theres nothing not to like about KZ2. The graphics have been significantly overhauled and the 32-player multiplayer is pretty phenomenal. Its just feels to me like I'm moving in quicksand in a big, lumbering suit of armor when I play KZ2.

The single player campaign is pretty decent though. And the game is growing on me

I have played COD:WaW.... it was good....but not enough to take me away from Modern Warfare (which still recieves alot of online play)

KZ2 seems good.... I have to say I did not play KZ1... so this will be my first taste of the series....

Archived