Playstation 3 / PS3

Godeater2112

I just pre-ordered GTA 4 now I am checking the calender and the local Influenza reports. If I time it properly I should be able to hang around the local hospitals catch the flu and spend some quality time at home playing GTA 4 all around the release date. Anyone planning on shelling out the $399 just so they can play GTA 4? waffen093.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Apr 3 2008, 03:10 PM)
I just pre-ordered GTA 4 now I am checking the calender and the local Influenza reports. If I time it properly I should be able to hang around the local hospitals catch the flu and spend some quality time at home playing GTA 4 all around the release date. Anyone planning on shelling out the $399 just so they can play GTA 4?  waffen093.gif

GTA4 should be awesome based on the reviews Ive seen. I was also pleased to read this today:

Hands-On: New hands-on with Metal Gear Solid 4

GamePro writes:

"Nestled in the snowy heart of Naru, Japan, Konami and Kojima Productions recently held a secret "boot camp" where the companies showed off a nearly complete version of the anticipated PlayStation 3 action-epic Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Only a handful of gaming insiders were invited, but GamePro was there to get exclusive access to an enormous portion of the game. This is our report, complete with extensive hands-on impressions.

You thought Gears of War looked amazing? Think again. Metal Gear Solid 4 will blow you away with its ultra-detailed characters and intricate environments, painting some of the most gorgeous graphics seen this side of Crysis. In motion, the graphics look so realistic that your eyes begin to register the visuals as a movie rather than a game. From what we saw, MGS4 puts its 50GB Blu-ray disc to outstanding use."

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 3 2008, 04:15 PM)
I just pre-ordered GTA 4 now I am checking the calender and the local Influenza reports. If I time it properly I should be able to hang around the local hospitals catch the flu and spend some quality time at home playing GTA 4 all around the release date. Anyone planning on shelling out the $399 just so they can play GTA 4?  waffen093.gif

GTA4 should be awesome based on the reviews Ive seen. I was also pleased to read this today:

GamePro writes:

"Nestled in the snowy heart of Naru, Japan, Konami and Kojima Productions recently held a secret "boot camp" where the companies showed off a nearly complete version of the anticipated PlayStation 3 action-epic Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Only a handful of gaming insiders were invited, but GamePro was there to get exclusive access to an enormous portion of the game. This is our report, complete with extensive hands-on impressions.

You thought Gears of War looked amazing? Think again. Metal Gear Solid 4 will blow you away with its ultra-detailed characters and intricate environments, painting some of the most gorgeous graphics seen this side of Crysis. In motion, the graphics look so realistic that your eyes begin to register the visuals as a movie rather than a game. From what we saw, MGS4 puts its 50GB Blu-ray disc to outstanding use."

*trembles*

*faints*

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 3 2008, 04:27 PM)

GamePro writes:

*trembles*

*faints*

I am checking to see how much sick time I have at work.

"MGS4 puts its 50GB Blu-ray disc to outstanding use."

Wow... they really bumped up the layering on this Blu-Ray disc!

I had heard that they could cram 50GB of data on Blu-Ray, but had never seen an actual product claiming to have put that much data on a disc.

Can't wait to see this on my HD big screen. yes.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Apr 3 2008, 02:39 PM)
"MGS4 puts its 50GB Blu-ray disc to outstanding use."

Wow... they really bumped up the layering on this Blu-Ray disc!

I had heard that they could cram 50GB of data on Blu-Ray, but had never seen an actual product claiming to have put that much data on a disc.

Can't wait to see this on my HD big screen. yes.gif

They were talking about mabey having to use 2 seperate discs at one point.

This game is going to be EPIC!!!!

Cant wait for Gran Tourismo 5: Prologue to be out - 10 more days! It should be available for download in the PS Store.

Additionally, new maps for Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare should hit the PS3 at the end of April. They launched last week for the XBox.

Now I just need to clone myself so I can play all these new releases..... 1022.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 7 2008, 11:46 AM)
Cant wait for Gran Tourismo 5: Prologue to be out - 10 more days!

This will be an immediate purchase!!

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the most recent GT title released by Polyphony Digital and SCE for the PlayStation 3, both on Blu-ray Disc and on the PlayStation Store. First announced at E3 2007, the game was released in Japan on December 13th, 2007 (a downloadable demo arrived October 20th). It will be released on March 28th, 2008 in Europe, and on April 17, 2008 in North America. The Japanese version of the game features over 50 cars, 5 tracks, and 16-player online play. Both the American and European versions will have a few extra features that the Japanese version doesn't have, as well as 6 tracks instead of 5 and over 70 cars. In October 2007 it was revealed on the Top Gear website that their test track would be one of the new tracks in GT5.

eh.gif Well, i had tons of problems connecting to try GT5P online last night, pretty frustrating actually. And I don't get what is so difficult about making an online interface that is simple to use and to create rooms, matches, etc to invite friends to. Its next to impossible to end up in the same game with a buddy unless the planets line up and you both manage to get into the same race.

MEH.... grumbles

But it looks sweet

If anyone's having problems registering there Konami ID for metal gear solid demo, Try this

link for the iMacro addon for firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3863

here's a link for the instructions

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.ph...3&postcount=416

from there you'll find another link which generates the information for the imacro generator

fill it in and copy/paste into a standard text file using notepad.

http://uberism.net/stuff/konami.php

save with the file extension .iim - just type it.

run the imacro, select rec and then load your file in - keep hitting play..

For the record feel Free to add me as a friend.

My Playstation ID is: GRVrush2112

the GRV are of course my initials.

I am mostly playing Call of Duty 4 right now, but since GTA4 has a multiplayer online I will be trying that out pretty soon.

GTA4 rocks!

Living and working in the Manhattan area I cant tell you how incredibly real the GTA4 maps of Liberty City are in how they mirror NYC and the 5 boroughs. Its so cool. Ahh so little time and so much GTA4 to experience.....

Any Tiger Woods 08 players here?

Tiger 09 comes out next week and from what Ive read/seen on the review sites, it looks to build nicely on top of what is already a fantastic game - the most realistic golfing game I've played and the best, IMO

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 19 2008, 02:58 PM)

Tiger 09 comes out next week and from what Ive read/seen on the review sites, it looks to build nicely on top of what is already a fantastic game - the most realistic golfing game I've played and the best, IMO

I played the Demo, very good, but I have never been big on golf games. (Golf itself for that matter). This will probably be a rental.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 19 2008, 02:58 PM)

Rented Tiger Woods 09 yesterday to try out........it's great. This week, I'm gonna buy...........

Waiting for Ghostbusters: The Video Game to buy my PS3...was originally waiting for MGS4...but don't have the money right now unfortunantly sad.gif

PS3 RULES!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (LaVilla @ Mar 12 2008, 04:28 PM)
It's the only 2.gif PS3 theme that i've found, Tried to make one but it's too hard/ dont have time, So if you fancy something different, Go Here
I think the wallpaper changes every game/re-boot

Wow man! I finally remember to try this out today, and it's awesome!

Thanks for posting this!

trink39.gif

Archived