2007 Fantasy Hockey

rickyrob

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 14 2007, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 13 2007, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 10 2007, 03:19 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Sep 10 2007, 02:40 AM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 9 2007, 07:52 PM)
Nice we have 12 teams now.  trink39.gif

Whose is the 12th team? unsure.gif

I think it's D-13's.

Yup - Rogue new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I PM'd her earlier this week and told her we needed a 12th team biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

So are you and Der Trommler sharing a team?

yup yup - i love hockey, but he's like a good manager for a team - he knows the sport inside and out - me, I just love watching it smile.gif

Yeah, I've been talking to him a lot in the hockey threads, very knowledgeable about the sport.

Good Luck! trink39.gif

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 14 2007, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 14 2007, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 13 2007, 11:53 PM)

I think it's D-13's.

Yup - Rogue new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I PM'd her earlier this week and told her we needed a 12th team biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

So are you and Der Trommler sharing a team?

yup yup - i love hockey, but he's like a good manager for a team - he knows the sport inside and out - me, I just love watching it smile.gif

Yeah, I've been talking to him a lot in the hockey threads, very knowledgeable about the sport.

Good Luck! trink39.gif

Yeah he is wub.gif

Thanks!! Good Luck to you too!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 13 2007, 09:53 PM)

I think it's D-13's.

It's not me!

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 14 2007, 06:27 AM)

I think it's D-13's.

It's not me!

ph34r.gif

OMGz it's a ghost playing. unsure.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 14 2007, 10:27 AM)

I think it's D-13's.

It's not me!

ohmy.gif

Seriously??

unsure.gif

Is there any way that you can leave a very long list of your picks and someone will proxy those picks for you (in the order of their availability)?? Since its an online draft though, I'm not sure how we'd be able to enter your picks for you, but I'd be happy to try to help

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 23 2007, 12:14 PM)
Is there any way that you can leave a very long list of your picks and someone will proxy those picks for you (in the order of their availability)?? Since its an online draft though, I'm not sure how we'd be able to enter your picks for you, but I'd be happy to try to help

The computer will pick for you based on your rankings, but you must rank your players accordingly yourself, or the default Yahoo Rankings will prevail. It will also ensure you get a balanced team, i.e. it wont pick three RWs for you one after the other if you have them ranked highly and a RW is the highest available when its your pick.

My advice if you cannot make the draft is to make sure you get rid of ranked players that are not going to be playing (e.g. Teemu Selanne, Scott Niedermayer) and then quickly rank your top 100 or so. This should ensure that you at least get a decent first 7 or 8 players.

To all Managers:

Please note that high Penalty Minutes is GOOD. So when looking for a player to satisfy your PIMs stats, pick HIGH PIM Players

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Sep 23 2007, 06:52 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 23 2007, 12:14 PM)
Is there any way that you can leave a very long list of your picks and someone will proxy those picks for you (in the order of their availability)??  Since its an online draft though, I'm not sure how we'd be able to enter your picks for you, but I'd be happy to try to help

The computer will pick for you based on your rankings, but you must rank your players accordingly yourself, or the default Yahoo Rankings will prevail. It will also ensure you get a balanced team, i.e. it wont pick three RWs for you one after the other if you have them ranked highly and a RW is the highest available when its your pick.

My advice if you cannot make the draft is to make sure you get rid of ranked players that are not going to be playing (e.g. Teemu Selanne, Scott Niedermayer) and then quickly rank your top 100 or so. This should ensure that you at least get a decent first 7 or 8 players.

so, our picks will be based on what we have in player rankings, or will we be able to manually pick when it is our turn? sorry if this is a dumb question

First, I've been in the CDM player pool (which unless you have loads of $$$, you tank quickly) but the stats are based off several things. G/A, +/-, SoG, PiM, Goalies: Saves, W/L, Goals (letting one in is a -1 point), & I think PiM, G/A.....I think I remember it that way but it's been a while....

Second, we have to rank the players before drafting?

Now, I just preset who I wanted but now you really gotta think instead of rankings, who's gonna play. I'm assuming it's not like the CDM draft where you need the C,RW,LW,D,D,G setup first, right?

Due to an unforseen event, I am unable to partake in today's draft. I set up the list as best I could. I hope that it turns out ok so I don't get my a$$ beat too much this season sad.gif

For not drafting, I didn't fair out that bad....We'll have to see what happens later but this isn't all that bad...still wish I got Broduer sad.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 06:56 PM)
For not drafting, I didn't fair out that bad....We'll have to see what happens later but this isn't all that bad...still wish I got Broduer sad.gif

I wanted Kipper. My goalies are the weakest part of my team. My forwards are so strong though.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 23 2007, 07:00 PM)
For not drafting, I didn't fair out that bad....We'll have to see what happens later but this isn't all that bad...still wish I got Broduer  sad.gif

I wanted Kipper. My goalies are the weakest part of my team. My forwards are so strong though.

Yeah, when you can't draft, you can't get exactly the ones you want. That was fairly close to what I was thinking. I still don't know who Rogue is. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was D-13 but she's not doing this. I have no idea who it is but I'm again them for the first week.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 07:09 PM)
For not drafting, I didn't fair out that bad....We'll have to see what happens later but this isn't all that bad...still wish I got Broduer  sad.gif

Yeah, when you can't draft, you can't get exactly the ones you want. That was fairly close to what I was thinking. I still don't know who Rogue is. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was D-13 but she's not doing this. I have no idea who it is but I'm again them for the first week.

I'm still thinking it is D-13's.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 23 2007, 07:14 PM)

The thing that keeps me thinking as you is Kipper & many of Calgary's players listed for the team. I think you are right but the only way that will happen is if D-13 comes forth & tells us....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 07:19 PM)

The thing that keeps me thinking as you is Kipper & many of Calgary's players listed for the team. I think you are right but the only way that will happen is if D-13 comes forth & tells us....

I think know some other minor things that makes me think it's her team if interested.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 23 2007, 07:22 PM)

I think know some other minor things that makes me think it's her team if interested.

PM me with the details rather than letting other people know. If it's true & she wants to remain anonymous, I'd like to oblige her....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 07:26 PM)

PM me with the details rather than letting other people know. If it's true & she wants to remain anonymous, I'd like to oblige her....

Yeah, that's why I didn't type them straight out.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 23 2007, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 07:26 PM)

Yeah, that's why I didn't type them straight out.

Very good of you....Although, I'd epect nothing less wink.gif

Archived