lame... but im bored- Favorite Album Cover!

yyz2112kings74

QUOTE (Red Sector J @ Jul 27 2007, 07:29 PM)
I also love Roger Dean. Yes was my second prog discovery after Rush, and I love his paintings for Yes' Drama, and Asia's Alpha.

Yes Asia had beautiful covers. Unfortunately their music changed too much over the years. unsure.gif

If I just had to pick one, it might be HYF, which I imagine would be an unpopular choice. But red is such a Rush color, and the three balls symbolize so much to me: the three members of Rush, the Trinity (although I know they did not intend that one), past/present/future, mind/body/spirit, the strength and stability of the triangle, and everybody who ever saw Schoolhouse Rock knows that three is a magic number.

I also like Counterparts and Vapor Trails. Maybe I'm becoming a a minimalist in my old age.

My least favorite is probably Presto.

1. Exit...State Left. i love the way they reference all the previous albums in the cover. Very cool.

2. A Show of Hands. I don't know why, but I've always loved the "picasso" versions of the band members. Simple yet sophisticated.

3. Permanent Waves. The reason should be obvious. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (wordsmith @ Jul 30 2007, 11:45 AM)
If I just had to pick one, it might be HYF, which I imagine would be an unpopular choice. But red is such a Rush color, and the three balls symbolize so much to me: the three members of Rush, the Trinity (although I know they did not intend that one), past/present/future, mind/body/spirit, the strength and stability of the triangle, and everybody who ever saw Schoolhouse Rock knows that three is a magic number.

I also like Counterparts and Vapor Trails. Maybe I'm becoming a a minimalist in my old age.

My least favorite is probably Presto.

And let us not forget electricity, biology, and chemistry. cool.gif

I should emphasise on a cover that I previously mentioned in my earlier post, the same post I actually spelt GUP wrong, 2112 - It has the starman logo and it is RUSHs primary icon!

Archived