The Larger Bowl going for adds

Cygnus The God Of Balance

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Jul 26 2007, 11:25 AM)
Release "Armor and Sword." It's the best song on the record in my opinion... so what if it will alienate the believers. Put your best song forward and let the bibles fall where they may. Rush has never catered to the singles market. Why start now?

1287.gif

BOOOOO-RING!!!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 26 2007, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 25 2007, 03:29 PM)

Well Michigan must rock.

yes.gif indeed it does!

goodpost.gif

I thought it was "Cleveland rocks!"

Workin' Them Angels. Maybe even Pass the Ammunition, with a very catchy and recognizable intro.

I love the acoustic work on S&A. It makes this album like no other previous 2.gif album.

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Jul 25 2007, 03:04 PM)
As was reported earlier, The Larger Bowl is the next single from "Snakes & Arrows" and has been sent to radio stations for adds (as I received my copy from Atlantic today).  From a programming perspective, Spindrift tanked as a single nationwide, while Far Cry continues to be a strong performer on my as well as many other Rock radio outlets, and is perhaps one of their best performing singles in quite a while. 

As was with Spindrift, there was no special packaging for the single of The Larger Bowl

I love all of S & A, and have said so several times here.  But, as a radio programmer, I have to admit that, although it should do better than Spindrift, I honestly don't know that The Larger Bowl is a hit. 

I've been listening to the album and trying to remove the Rush fan within me, and I have to admit, I honestly think We Hold On would have been a stronger follow up to Far Cry than was Spindrift.  It's a bit more "hook laden" and listener friendly. 

Just my two cents.  We'll see what happens.

"We hold on" is the most redundant song on the album i.m.o and would not make for a strong single. "Amour and Sword" is the stongest song on the album and should have been the 2rd single after the obvious choice of "Far cry".

"Amour and Sword" is the stongest song on the album and should have been the 2rd single after the obvious choice of "Far cry".

You'd think you'd want your best songs to be your singles, but "Armor and Sword" doesn't make the cut because Grace2Grace thinks it's "BOOOOO-RING!!!"

So no dice there.

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Jul 31 2007, 09:33 AM)
"Amour and Sword" is the stongest song on the album and should have been the 2rd single after the obvious choice of "Far cry".

You'd think you'd want your best songs to be your singles, but "Armor and Sword" doesn't make the cut because Grace2Grace thinks it's "BOOOOO-RING!!!"

So no dice there.

Personally, I don't think it's boring, but there are stronger, more accessible songs on the disc.

QUOTE (Spindrift @ Jul 31 2007, 06:04 AM)
TLB sounds like a leftover hippie tune.

We Hold On ROCKS! Given enough airplay, it would break the top 10 easily.

It might sound hippie to some, but I listen to it and it just sounds like an unbelievably different song for Rush and me.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 31 2007, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Spindrift @ Jul 31 2007, 06:04 AM)
TLB sounds like a leftover hippie tune.

We Hold On ROCKS! Given enough airplay, it would break the top 10 easily.

It might sound hippie to some, but I listen to it and it just sounds like an unbelievably different song for Rush and me.

goodpost.gif

Archived