Wal-Mart news

barney_rebel

in case it hasn't been posted ITT yet...

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/1...mart_after.html

Seriously, what the hell? All walmart sells is crap. is it really so important for people to be the FIRST one to buy a big load of cheap plastic made-in-china crap?

Edited by fledgehog

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don;t see any difference in Wal Marts appearance. It has always had that Soviet gloom look to me. The dirtiest one I ever went in was earlier this year in Panama City, FL. My daughter drinks a special Soy Milk that I could not find anywhere I went. I passed the Wal Mart twice trying to avoid going there. I went in and 062802puke_prv.gif the place was just filthy including the cooler where the soy milk was. It was encased in a crusty spilled dry milk - not only do they not cry over spilled milk, they don;t even clean it. The best part? There were thse two employees talking near me and I overhear done telling the other that she should not volunteer to do anything extra there because you can;t get promoted. I hate this company.

That reminds me: I still have a $50 gift card from Wallymart. I should use it today.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 3 2009, 10:48 AM)
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/0...t=1&f=103943429

I realize that this is the "I hate Wal-Mart" thread and I really don't mean to harsh the groove, but what this guy did has nothing to do with Wal-Mart. It simply happened to take place at one.

That reminds me! My truck needs an oil change. I think I'll go to Wal-Mart this afternoon since they're cheapest. cool.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 3 2009, 12:04 PM)

I realize that this is the "I hate Wal-Mart" thread and I really don't mean to harsh the groove, but what this guy did has nothing to do with Wal-Mart. It simply happened to take place at one.

That reminds me! My truck needs an oil change. I think I'll go to Wal-Mart this afternoon since they're cheapest. cool.gif

Title: "Wal-Mart News". unsure.gif

My mom works at Walmart. And she doesn't mind it.

They're even going to provide her with health insurance, whatdya know. Will save her thousands of dollars every quarter since my father is self-employed!

She was out of the work force for 30+ years. Other places turned her down because of it. Walmart didn't.

Walmart bashing annoys me. Yes, I know, there's a lot of dirty work behind it all (Nickle and Dimed) but you really think every retail company out there is squeky clean? For those who love and support Target, how do you think they are getting their cheaper prices on shampoo and whatnot? What about the clothing? Probably made by child workers in Indonesia for $.45 a day. Target ALSO drives out small business, did you think it didn't?!

Edited by iluvgeddy05

May I also add that my father's music store business was run out by big-box music shops like Daddy's Junky Music and Mars Music. So it's not like they don't know what it's like when the big stores come to town.

Money talks. It always does.

I have nothing relevant to say so...

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/walmart-greeter-flasher.jpg

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 3 2009, 12:42 PM)
I have nothing relevant to say so...
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/walmart-greeter-flasher.jpg

HA! I can't tell what the look on that man's face means though rofl3.gif

I will never, ever go to Wal-Mart for anything automotive again. The best I can say for them is they don't find fake problems and try to rip you off.

Once they left the drain plug open!!! Fortunately I worked pretty much next door to them at the time and had just left the car and walked to work. So when I went to pick it up, I saw the big puddle of oil under the car. ohmy.gif

Last ever Wal-Mart auto issue was the battery. They installed it incorrectly, almost causing the car to catch fire. (I knew something was up when stuff started shorting out). They did pay the repair bill, though.

I am lucky enough to have a kick-ass mechanic who charges me $20 to change the oil. If I make it in to his shop at 7am, he has me out by 7:20.

You get what you pay for.

Since they screwed up my oil pan at my last oil change and then tried to hide it, they will no longer be getting my business in this area.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 8 2009, 07:21 PM)
That reminds me! My truck needs an oil change. I think I'll go to Wal-Mart this afternoon since they're cheapest.  cool.gif

Since they screwed up my oil pan at my last oil change and then tried to hide it, they will no longer be getting my business in this area.

Never take your vehicle to Wal-Mart for service. That's just plain nuts!! tongue.gif

BTW.. Why were they messing with your oil pan during a simple oil change?

Don't tell me they removed the oil pan instead of the plug? wacko.gif

Edited by troutman

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 8 2009, 11:33 PM)

Who the hell knows, but my dealership discovered a problem and we traced it to them.

Explains why it took over 2 hours to do an oil change that day!!! rage.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 8 2009, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 8 2009, 11:33 PM)

Who the hell knows, but my dealership discovered a problem and we traced it to them.

Explains why it took over 2 hours to do an oil change that day!!! rage.gif

Yeah, total idiots!! That's what happened and the oil pan gasket was not put back the way it was installed. Which BTW... once you remove the oil pan you need a new gasket. wink.gif

Walmart T&L told me my tires were on the wrong way (put on my Sears). Turns out they were right.

Still, I get my man to do my simple car maintenance: oil changes, tire rotation, even brake changes. wub.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 9 2009, 09:14 AM)
Why would anyone trust Walmart to work on there car ? wacko.gif

Some of us have to learn the hard way.

Jack, I urge you to reconsider. So far you've been lucky, but I would seriously look into other options. As I said, my regular mechanic (who has been told by dozens of his customers that he is never allowed to retire, or die), is happy to take care of this for me, and it's cheap.

I've just heard too many horror stories, including my own. And Wal-Mart is cheap in terms of more than just low prices. They are experts at covering their asses when they screw up and do not want to pay out for repairs needed due to damage they caused. I did get some repair work reimbursed, but it was after a lot of hassle and threats.

Edited by Mara

You get what you pay for. That's a fact. Does anyone really think the crap you buy at Walmart is a value ? Its not a value cause its crap that wont last. I'll buy a CD there or a cheap back to school outfit for my kid. I know what I'm getting, its cheap and has a limited shelf life. If you buy a widescreen TV or anything you are paying good money for your throwing your money away. It is inferior and will not last. The Toro mower you buy in Home Depot is shit, just as the Sony TV you buy in Walmart is shit.

Its sucks that they have f*cked over so many small businesses, putting them out of business. They pay there employees slave wages and force us to buy there shitty crap.

My wife shops there when we have no choice but make no mistake about it, it blows !

And their stores are a blight on the landscape. Ugly, and too big to ignore. No one I know wants to live near one; they'll shop there, but they are happy to drive four or five miles to do so.

Then, when they wish to relocate, they simply grease the appropriate palms, build their new store, and abandon the previous big ugly box to sit vacant. The space is too big and too sparse for most businesses, who don't care generally to have to do extensive renovations in order to open.

Some municipalities (mine is one) have actually amended zoning ordinances because of WalMart. Big box store owners have to address the issues of empty space before they will be permitted to relocated within a certain distance of the old store.

Edited by Mara