Wal-Mart news

barney_rebel

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 13 2004, 02:07 PM)
For those of you that know me, I don't like Wal-mart nor do I shop there.

Wal- Mart blows ! nuff said.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 21 2007, 05:21 PM)

You know what, not enough said. The fact that you started a thread to make people aware of Americas dirtbag (i just made that up, you can run with it) is highly aplaudable Barney ! Keep up the good work. trink39.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 21 2007, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 21 2007, 05:21 PM)

You know what, not enough said. The fact that you started a thread to make people aware of Americas dirtbag (i just made that up, you can run with it) is highly aplaudable Barney ! Keep up the good work. trink39.gif

YUP

z7shysterical.gif

I go to Wal-Mart when I need CARPETING!!! tongue.gif

I shop at Wal Mart and Sam's Club frequently.

I also look for items produced in my home state, or American made whenever practical.

Some folks like to bash big entities like Wal Mart and Microsoft.

I say first really monitor everything you buy for a month, determine where it was made and who benefited from your money, Then tell us what you've learned.

I'm not rich but navigating their parking lot and walking their huge store to stand in a ridiculously long line and not receive service is not worth the fairly small savings that you get from shopping there. Most other store's sale prices are competitive and if I have to go in to a big box I'll go to Target.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 22 2007, 03:35 PM)
Target rocks! I wish we'd get some in our country.

Hey Barney we got TARGET stores in OZ but no WALMART. no.gif no.gif no.gif

QUOTE (Spindrift @ Aug 21 2007, 09:27 PM)

I also look for items produced in my home state, or American made whenever practical.

I say first really monitor everything you buy for a month, determine where it was made and who benefited from your money, Then tell us what you've learned.

If Wal-mart paid there employees an actual wage and heath care benifits, you wouldn't be forced to shop there cause you'd have more money in your pocket from not paying your taxes to help there employees survive. Wal-mart is the Devil. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 22 2007, 06:42 AM)

If Wal-mart paid there employees an actual wage and heath care benifits, you wouldn't be forced to shop there cause you'd have more money in your pocket from not paying your taxes to help there employees survive. Wal-mart is the Devil. yes.gif

Are you saying that all other "national" retailers do pay higher wages than Wal Mart, and also provide better benefits?

K Mart, Sears, Penny's, Bon Ton, Target, Kohls, Petco, Petsmart, Dick's, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.....all these retailers pay more than Wal Mart??

I don't like the fact that the MAJOR gas stations don't pay their employees enough to tive on...especially with the price of gas being so high. Where is the outrage, and oil company bashing thread?

QUOTE (Spindrift @ Aug 22 2007, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 22 2007, 06:42 AM)

Are you saying that all other "national" retailers do pay higher wages than Wal Mart, and also provide better benefits?

K Mart, Sears, Penny's, Bon Ton, Target, Kohls, Petco, Petsmart, Dick's, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.....all these retailers pay more than Wal Mart??

I don't like the fact that the MAJOR gas stations don't pay their employees enough to tive on...especially with the price of gas being so high. Where is the outrage, and oil company bashing thread?

Thats to vague a question based on all the companys you just named. Some of those certainly do, some do not, but what im saying is Wal-mart destroys communities one city at a time on so many levels. If you dont know the facts, do a little research and i promise you, you will change your thoughts on this whole issue. yes.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2008, 11:57 AM)
Customers trample Walmart employee for Black Friday deals

Pathetic...

God, that's just sick. Greedy mobs. Why I buy online.

None of the details are given, but it would seem that Wal-Mart failed to plan adequately for this. It's not as if it's their first Black Friday.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Nov 28 2008, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2008, 11:57 AM)
Customers trample Walmart employee for Black Friday deals

Pathetic...

God, that's just sick. Greedy mobs. Why I buy online.

None of the details are given, but it would seem that Wal-Mart failed to plan adequately for this. It's not as if it's their first Black Friday.

I feel very sorry for that Employee and his family. rose.gif

As far as Walmart - knowing they were holding inventory and refusing to sell it until Black Friday seems Corporate brought this on themselves!

I shop wherever they have stuff I need at the cheapest price, and also where I can buy everything I need at one place especially when I have the kids. That frequently includes Wal Mart and Target, I dont have a beef with either store. I allow the market to control itself and act in whats MY best interest.

The things about the trampling is ridiculous; absolutely ridiculous. So unecessary. I hope the f-cking as-holes who helped trample him can soothe the fact that they committed murder with the 0.99 they saved on a bag of Life Savers.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Nov 28 2008, 12:41 PM)
Walmart sucks big time, so does Target. They are nothing more than glorified dollar stores.

I confess to having a fairly extensive Target wardrobe. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

What can I say? confused13.gif

Admittedly, I am not a designer label ho, in case that isn't clear already.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Nov 28 2008, 01:50 PM)
Walmart sucks big time, so does Target. They are nothing more than glorified dollar stores.

I confess to having a fairly extensive Target wardrobe. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

I haven't seen your wardrobe, so I wouldn't know what you like. laugh.gif I'll stick with Kohl's, a little better than the other stores. trink39.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Nov 28 2008, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Nov 28 2008, 01:50 PM)

I haven't seen your wardrobe, so I wouldn't know what you like. laugh.gif I'll stick with Kohl's, a little better than the other stores. trink39.gif

I have quite a pile of Kohl's clothing myself. Shop weekends; everything is on sale.

I make sure I look nice, but I have better things to spend money on than clothes and accessories. Weird for a female, I know. tongue.gif

It also helps that the dress code where I work is "wear clothes". They wouldn't care, or even notice, if I wore my ratty sweats I use for pajamas. Concert tees are the norm around there.