SPOILER: Oh no, GAS!

rstanleyyz

QUOTE (daveyt @ May 31 2007, 11:34 PM)
nice with the additional stacks alex! i wonder if this has N E thing to do with his pickup/acoustic thingies.

what's a switchblade?

A new Hughes & Kettner amp. Has 4 channels, modeling and built-in effects.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 31 2007, 07:58 PM)
I wanted to be surprised at what gear they brought out for this tour, but that's not possible now.

yeah it would have been nice to see themset up at the show and say "no way more amps!!!!!!"

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2007, 09:16 PM)
and he added two more slant 4x12 cabs.

more like the T4E tour rig

Edited by mortkort

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2007, 03:16 PM)
It's a very similar setup as the last two tours except that it looks like the zenTeras were replaced by Switchblades (tough to tell in that photo) and he added two more slant 4x12 cabs.

Exactamundo.

Sad to see the zenTera's gone. Oh well, I still love mine. I do need to play through a Switchblade though.

On another note, that's his trusty PRS CE24 on the stand in front of the amps. He said in Guitar One that he would be using all Gibsons. I guess he changed his mind.

QUOTE (_pete_ @ Jun 1 2007, 10:23 PM)

On another note, that's his trusty PRS CE24 on the stand in front of the amps. He said in Guitar One that he would be using all Gibsons. I guess he changed his mind.

Even after reading that article, I always figured he'd have a PRS on hand for the songs that require a trem bar. I know he used a Les Paul on "Subdivisions" but that solo doesn't have any divebombs so he was able to use his natural hand vibrato instead. The solos in songs like "Spirit Of Radio" and "Limelight" are very reliant on a trem bar and just wouldn't work on a Gibby.

I remember someone in here suggesting that he use the trem bar on his ES-355, but AFAIK that trem system isn't cut out for that kind of heavy use. I don't think he's ever used the trem on that guitar and I doubt he'd start now.

And, I'll bet he used a PRS in the studio for "MalNar."

Agreed.

When I learned MalNar my CE24 nailed the exact sound.

I think he tried the Maestro on the 355 when he first got it and it went out of tune constantly. I remember reading an interview where he said that guitar made him become an excellent guitar tuner. At one time he had a Kahler trem installed on the 355. He does still have the Kahler on the Howard Roberts. He may pull that guitar out for the tour. I thought that was his best sounding guitar on the ESL DVD.

The Maestro I put on my Sheraton actually stays in tune real well if I don't go crazy on it.

Edited by _pete_

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2007, 11:20 PM)

Even after reading that article, I always figured he'd have a PRS on hand for the songs that require a trem bar. I know he used a Les Paul on "Subdivisions" but that solo doesn't have any divebombs so he was able to use his natural hand vibrato instead. The solos in songs like "Spirit Of Radio" and "Limelight" are very reliant on a trem bar and just wouldn't work on a Gibby.

I remember someone in here suggesting that he use the trem bar on his ES-355, but AFAIK that trem system isn't cut out for that kind of heavy use. I don't think he's ever used the trem on that guitar and I doubt he'd start now.

Looks like we were wrong about him using the PRS for his tremolo guitar:

http://i9.tinypic.com/6cxzeqq.jpg

Aside from the Telecaster (assuming he's using it this tour), it looks like all Gibson, baby!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 14 2007, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2007, 11:20 PM)

Looks like we were wrong about him using the PRS for his tremolo guitar:

http://i9.tinypic.com/6cxzeqq.jpg

Aside from the Telecaster (assuming he's using it this tour), it looks like all Gibson, baby!

Is That a super-paul??

what a beauty

So, according to Rich Soto at the rushtabs group, Al had:

The black Les Paul with a trem (Likely the R30 Les Paul Custom, which previously was tuned down a whole step for 2112.)

A sunburst Les Paul with piezo (probably the Earthshine/Secret Touch guitar from Rio)

The HOWARD ROBERTS!!!!!! This one had a piezo. Therefore, I guess the Kahler was taken off.

Goldtop Les Paul (No piezo, AFAIK)

ES-355. Used on One Little Victory spit6ph.gif and probably Bangkok. This list was sorta incomplete, meaning most of the songs were not listed.

A guitar tuned down a whole step. Probably another Les Paul.....

And... SHOCK, HORROR! The PRS comes out for Mission.

Acoustics were a 12 string and a Mandola. Unsure if a 6 string was even brought out, as he could use the piezos on a bunch of his Les Pauls.

Edited by rstanleyyz

QUOTE (rstanleyyz @ Jun 17 2007, 05:34 PM)
Does anyone know what Lerxst used on Circumstances? Was it a Les Paul?

****SPOILERS**** - Spoiler is already in the thread title, but threw it in for the heck of it...

****SPOILERS****

****SPOILERS****

****SPOILERS****

****SPOILERS****

****SPOILERS****

****SPOILERS****

****SPOILERS****

****SPOILERS****

Yes - has to be a Les Paul...

Only three other electric guitars where used... the PRS (one song - Mission), Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion (one song - The Way The Wind Blows), and ES-355 (full encore) - based on Atlanta show...

They more difficult question would be "Which Les Paul?" as there are several present... wink.gif