S&A Soundscan

Rushman14

In it's 3rd week, S&A dropped to #35 on the top 200 with 17,294 units sold. Total sales to date are 137,512 units.

Hopefully sales will pick up once the tour starts.

QUOTE (CRAIG2112 @ May 23 2007, 12:07 PM)
it's not looking good at all. 137,512? gold is 500,000

that's pretty much the state of the music industry.

QUOTE (rushman14 @ May 23 2007, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (CRAIG2112 @ May 23 2007, 12:07 PM)
it's not looking good at all.  137,512? gold is 500,000

that's pretty much the state of the music industry.

Also, the state of the US economy is a factor. Gas is $3.20 a gallon, also food prices have risen drastically and people are spending money on fuel burners not laser burners.

I luckily get discounts on CDs and get from a distributor and will take QUALITY over quantity. MP3s are for the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR!

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ May 23 2007, 02:27 PM)
>Also, the state of the US economy is a factor. Gas is $3.20 >a gallon, also food prices have risen drastically and >people are spending money on fuel burners not laser >burners.

Well I feel they play some part but I think also when CD Prices are what they and the music industry the way it is, all those people don't see any insentive to buy music at the moment.

QUOTE (WickedYoungMan @ May 23 2007, 02:33 PM)
>Also, the state of the US economy is a factor. Gas is $3.20 >a gallon, also food prices have risen drastically and >people are spending money on fuel burners not laser >burners.

Well I feel they play some part but I think also when CD Prices are what they and the music industry the way it is, all those people don't see any insentive to buy music at the moment.

Our economy has been despicable the last six years. Now with gas the way it is, no one can afford anything.

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ May 23 2007, 04:50 PM)

Our economy has been despicable the last six years. Now with gas the way it is, no one can afford anything.

It's pretty much got to do with downloading off the net for free.....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 23 2007, 04:57 PM)
It's pretty much got to do with downloading off the net for free.....

Yeah, I wonder how S&A and VT would have sold if they hadn't been leaked onto the internet before their releases? fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

(Yes, I listened to the leaked S&A but I also bought my copy on 5/1. 653.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif trink36.gif )

despicable economy? Oh, please.

I don't post much, but that's just about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Get real.

People are downloading because of convenience. Simple as that.

QUOTE (Dev1 @ May 23 2007, 10:34 PM)

despicable economy? Oh, please.

I don't post much, but that's just about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Get real.

People are downloading because of convenience. Simple as that.

Convenience - fast

Cost - free

So yeah, you can have the album without going anywhere, or spending anything.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 23 2007, 11:05 PM)
Convenience - fast
Cost - free

So yeah, you can have the album without going anywhere, or spending anything.

It's not necessarily that simple, nor an automatic detriment to sales.

Rush wub.gif I love these guys whether they sell or not. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (CRAIG2112 @ May 23 2007, 02:07 PM)
it's not looking good at all. 137,512? gold is 500,000

Like I don't know how many records you have to sell to go gold. Thanks for telling me something I already knew. wacko.gif

laugh.gif Like Duh! Like yeah, but some peeps don't know this stuff man. It's all good smile.gif

Archived