Yes.

lerxt1990

If you can get past the heavy-handed arrangements and production (and in some cases, poor songwriting), 90125 and Big Generator aren't as bad of albums as some make them out to be.

However, my real favorite is Drama, which, although not featuring Rabin, is still '80s Yes...Machine Messiah and Tempus Fugit are two of my all-time favorite Yes songs... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (I Get High On You @ May 23 2007, 05:37 PM)
If you can get past the heavy-handed arrangements and production (and in some cases, poor songwriting), 90125 and Big Generator aren't as bad of albums as some make them out to be.

However, my real favorite is Drama, which, although not featuring Rabin, is still '80s Yes...Machine Messiah and Tempus Fugit are two of my all-time favorite Yes songs... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

The Trevor Rabin material is outstanding. But most "real" Yes fans don't think so. pokey.gif

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ May 23 2007, 06:21 PM)
cool, thanks for the links

Thanks for the avatar.. WOW thats neat smile.gif

The Trevor Rabin stuff is different, but I like it. It is mor epop sounding, but it wasnt bubble gum, and there were some real nice melodies in there too..

Like the vid of "Changes" from "9012Live" - my favorite song off that album! I was in a band back in my college days that covered that song, along with Owner of A Lonely Heart... we also did Roundabout.

Trevor was/is super-talented. Definitely a good songwriter and had a unique voice. I can understand the Yes fans not liking it though. How would we feel if Trevor joined Rush and sang a lot of the vocals, wrote (or co-wrote) a lot of the songs, and changed the band's style?

lerxt:

Thanks so much for these links. Brings back some memories for me.

This album ("90125") came out at a difficult time for me personally and I remember it as one of bright spots of that period of my life.

Yes and the various offshoots are up there as some of my favorite bands. I totally dig Trevor Rabin Yes, so if that makes me a non-serious Yes fan then so be it.

QUOTE (skyswing @ May 27 2007, 06:46 PM)
lerxt:
Thanks so much for these links. Brings back some memories for me.
This album ("90125") came out at a difficult time for me personally and I remember it as one of bright spots of that period of my life.
Yes and the various offshoots are up there as some of my favorite bands. I totally dig Trevor Rabin Yes, so if that makes me a non-serious Yes fan then so be it.

Not at all in my book. There's stuff was more popular, but good too (it is possible:)).

I remember the show clearly. They played the signing frog WB cartoon before the show. They played 90125 fantatsically, but also played classic Yes gems, including Starship Trooper. Great show.

What I also remember was Jon Anderson asking the crowd not to whistle, becaus ehtye were recording Soon that night, and of course some drunken a-holes took that opportunity to whistle. If I remember correctly they were shunned, moked, and used for target practice soon afterwards.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 25 2007, 11:12 PM)
Trevor was/is super-talented. Definitely a good songwriter and had a unique voice.

Always felt that way. Trevor Rabin never has gotten the respect from the musicians community that he should have, imo. He is a great player, writer and singer.