28 Weeks Later...

xx2112xx

QUOTE (xx2112xx @ May 12 2007, 10:15 AM)
Is wicked. One of the best zombie films in a long, long time.

yes.gif

I've been wondering if it was good or not because I really enjoyed the first one. I've kind of had a negative attitude about the sequel because I just don't like Robert Carlyle (I don't think he can act), but I also believe that actors can get better, like Brad Pitt-he started crappy and now he's pretty good. So tell me, how was Carlyle's performance?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 12 2007, 09:32 AM)
Is wicked.  One of the best zombie films in a long, long time.

yes.gif

I've been wondering if it was good or not because I really enjoyed the first one. I've kind of had a negative attitude about the sequel because I just don't like Robert Carlyle (I don't think he can act), but I also believe that actors can get better, like Brad Pitt-he started crappy and now he's pretty good. So tell me, how was Carlyle's performance?

Pitt was so bad in Seven Years in Tibet. Just the previews of Joe Black made me not want to see it, and sure enough it bombed. I thought he was okay in Babel, which was an otherwise solid movie. Other than that, I haven't seen anything else of his, but the Seven Years in Tibet performance made me write him off as an actor.

The real question for you is do you hold out hope for Matt Damon? wink.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ May 12 2007, 10:47 AM)

yes.gif

Pitt was so bad in Seven Years in Tibet. Just the previews of Joe Black made me not want to see it, and sure enough it bombed. I thought he was okay in Babel, which was an otherwise solid movie. Other than that, I haven't seen anything else of his, but the Seven Years in Tibet performance made me write him off as an actor.

Neither Matt Damon nor Ben Affleck! laugh.gif

yes.gif

Actually, Carlyle wasn't too bad, he wasn't the highlight of the movie by any means, but he did play an important role in one of the film's most stunning scenes. I can't really comment on his other performances because I don't really remember those movies very well.

I won't spoil anything regarding the film, but I will say this, even if you feel he does a lousy job, his role isn't vital enough to taint the rest of the picture.

And Mustard Death, I understand what you mean when you said this one looked ridiculous, I felt the same way. I found it hard to believe they could make a sequel that would stand up to the first film. However, they pulled it off, and from what I can remember of the first flick, this one is way different.

You guys should definitely give it a shot.

QUOTE (anagramking @ May 12 2007, 09:47 AM)

yes.gif

Pitt was fantastic in Fight Club. He stayed very true to Tyler Durgan from the book by Chuck Palahniuk.

Damon was good in Good Will Hunting, Rounders and The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy. He was also excellent in The Departed.

Affleck, on the other hand..........

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 12 2007, 04:02 PM)
Damon was good in Good Will Hunting, Rounders and The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy. He was also excellent in The Departed.

Affleck was okay in Chasing Amy, I thought. I can't name any other performances from him that are worth mentioning, though.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 12 2007, 05:02 PM)

Jersey Girl dude, Jersey Girl...

QUOTE (anagramking @ May 12 2007, 09:47 AM)

yes.gif

I used to hate Brad Pitt....but after seeing his performance in Snatch...it changed alot..he was just awesome in snatch..and that movie kicks major ass anyway so you should see it.

I thought he was good in Babel too..but so far snatch i think is his best from all ive seen.