For those that didn't like it...

andrelam

QUOTE (andrelam @ May 2 2007, 06:25 PM)
The link I posted directs you to the official page, where you can read the transcripts, or see some videos (including one that explains the sound of Bouzjee). Enjoy it.

Whoops! I didn't see your hyperlink at first. eyesre4.gif

Thanks!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 2 2007, 06:41 PM)
Just because he said that doesn't mean people have to stop disliking the album.

Thats right, it sounds like he expected some people not to like it.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 2 2007, 08:41 PM)

Yes, and I didn't say "like it or not", I said accept it or not. If you attend one of the shows, will you enjoy it when they play, for example, TMMB, TWTWB, The Larger Bowl, or anything from S&A?

What I tried to say is: if you didn't like it, try, at least, to see the positive side of things, even if it's only the "Brought to you by the letter s-s-s-s" liner notes.

QUOTE (andrelam @ May 2 2007, 07:46 PM)

Yes, and I didn't say "like it or not", I said accept it or not. If you attend one of the shows, will you enjoy it when they play, for example, TMMB, TWTWB, The Larger Bowl, or anything from S&A?

What I tried to say is: if you didn't like it, try, at least, to see the positive side of things, even if it's only the "Brought to you by the letter s-s-s-s" liner notes.

Well, I actually don't have the album yet, but no, I won't complain if they play S&A songs in Atlanta... whether I end up liking them or not.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 2 2007, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (andrelam @ May 2 2007, 07:46 PM)

Well, I actually don't have the album yet, but no, I won't complain if they play S&A songs in Atlanta... whether I end up liking them or not.

I notice MD you don't like many newer albums by bands that you seem to have previously liked such as Opeth, Tool and now Rush. Jaded, maybe? Looking for a new musical direction or found one??

QUOTE (andrelam @ May 2 2007, 07:07 PM)
PS: I don't know how to translate it, as its a slang, but it would be something like (literally): "You complain with your belly full" or something like that.

goodpost.gif That's a great point.

ALL Rush fans should remember that Rush came very close to breaking up after Neil's terrible losses.

For me, it's pretty silly to complain about tempos or akward lyrics. It's a NEW 2.gif ALBUM IN 2007, for chrissake!

He's wrong about the earlier work being uneven and not all working. Caress of Steel is a masterpiece.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 2 2007, 07:00 PM)
Jaded, maybe? Looking for a new musical direction or found one??

--actually, this is a very interesting and applicable point.

I've been a Rush fan for many years, will always be. My musical direction (of my tastes if that makes sense), went WAY into left field about 10 years ago.

I started leaning more towards roots music. I was getting away from the stuff I was weaned on.

I'd find myself listening to say the Jayhawks or Steve Earle (not Copperhead Rd)..

In 05-06, all I listened too besides Audioslave, was Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, and Pete Seeger---and my biggest influence of late accoustic-wise, Bruce Springsteen.

I've been playing folk live for over two years now---including a folk version of Red Barchetta (works REALLY well).

Have I found a new direction? Yes. Am I still seeking it? Yes, always.

Should this affect my opinion of Snakes and Arrows? Is it the reason I don't like it?

HELL NO.

I don't like Snakes and Arrows because it's muddled, horribly written, and just plain boring.

Musical direction has nothing to do with it. All bands are capable of putting out a bad album. Even Rush.

QUOTE (lerkst @ May 2 2007, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 2 2007, 07:00 PM)
Jaded, maybe? Looking for a new musical direction or found one??

--actually, this is a very interesting and applicable point.

I've been a Rush fan for many years, will always be. My musical direction (of my tastes if that makes sense), went WAY into left field about 10 years ago.

I started leaning more towards roots music. I was getting away from the stuff I was weaned on.

I'd find myself listening to say the Jayhawks or Steve Earle (not Copperhead Rd)..

In 05-06, all I listened too besides Audioslave, was Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, and Pete Seeger---and my biggest influence of late accoustic-wise, Bruce Springsteen.

I've been playing folk live for over two years now---including a folk version of Red Barchetta (works REALLY well).

Have I found a new direction? Yes. Am I still seeking it? Yes, always.

Should this affect my opinion of Snakes and Arrows? Is it the reason I don't like it?

HELL NO.

I don't like Snakes and Arrows because it's muddled, horribly written, and just plain boring.

Musical direction has nothing to do with it. All bands are capable of putting out a bad album. Even Rush.

Very interesting.

Unfortunately I wasn't talking to you

laugh.gif

If I were I'd have quoted you like I have now, instead of quoting Mustard Death...

I hope this is the mediocre step up to something greater...

Because this album already kicks ass, and if it's Caress of Steel to #19's 2112, then that #19 will be the greatest record in the history of rock music. wink.gif

QUOTE (Kudzu @ May 2 2007, 10:10 PM)

Because this album already kicks ass, and if it's Caress of Steel to #19's 2112, then that #19 will be the greatest record in the history of rock music. wink.gif

I wonder if they're gearing up for a quick return to the studio after this tour?? Say late 2008?

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 3 2007, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ May 2 2007, 10:10 PM)

Because this album already kicks ass, and if it's Caress of Steel to #19's 2112, then that #19 will be the greatest record in the history of rock music.  wink.gif

I wonder if they're gearing up for a quick return to the studio after this tour?? Say late 2008?

I Hope so!

Archived