Old Movie addiction

Sticklah

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 5 2007, 02:57 PM)
I still think of "old movies" as 1930s RKO films...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif Me too! I thought I was going to read a thread about Dracula, Frankenstein and The Mummy!

I remember renting The Evil Dead on VHS! old.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 5 2007, 08:57 PM)
I still think of "old movies" as 1930s RKO films...

laugh.gif

Tell me about it, treeduck!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I just finally got my hands on "The Black Cat" 1934, Karloff and Bela Lugosi... awesome...

And also "Carnival of Souls", the original B/W flick... but this is from the 60s, too new... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Buuuut... Evil Dead is the 1st one before Army of Darkness?

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Apr 6 2007, 11:57 AM)
Buuuut... Evil Dead is the 1st one before Army of Darkness?

No, there's 'Evil Dead', 'Evil Dead 2', and then 'Army Of Darkness'.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 6 2007, 10:53 AM)
I love bad 70s and 80s horror movies, but I don't consider Evil Dead bad, those movies rule in a good way.

Evil Dead is great, they opened my eyes to how good or bad old horror movies were/are.

I have to confess that I'm more of a fan of the older horror films due to the fact that they were suggesting what happened rather than 'showing' it - there is nothing more terrifying that what you're own mind can suggest.

One film I would definitely recommend is Robert Wise's original version of 'The Haunting' which was made in 1963. Everything in this film is implied as you don't actually see anything and, as a result, it is probably the most atmospheric film ever made. It may not be classed as particularly frightening, but it certainly is unnerving

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Apr 21 2007, 05:19 AM)
I have to confess that I'm more of a fan of the older horror films due to the fact that they were suggesting what happened rather than 'showing' it - there is nothing more terrifying that what you're own mind can suggest.

One film I would definitely recommend is Robert Wise's original version of 'The Haunting' which was made in 1963. Everything in this film is implied as you don't actually see anything and, as a result, it is probably the most atmospheric film ever made. It may not be classed as particularly frightening, but it certainly is unnerving

I completely agree. yes.gif

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Apr 5 2007, 12:30 PM)
Ever since i watched The Evil Dead series i haven't been able to stop watching bad old horror movies and loving them. I'm just not sure if this is a bad or really good thing.

Y'know what a bad thing is? YOUR SIG!!!! It's far too wide. Please make it skinnier so I don't have to use the horizontal scroll to finish reading your post. Thank You.

biggrin.gif