Tickets

darth by tor

I've finally turned a corner in my gig going life.

This tour I have decided to go for Lawn Seats rather than struggle through pre-sales or paying exorbitant brokers charges.

Having a green seat is still a novelty to me having emigrated to the US from the UK nearly four years ago.

The closest show to me is at Jones Beach and while the venue is fantastic, the top price tickets are $126.

Thats nearly $40 more than most of the other venues top prices!

Even the Uk's prices are the equivalent of $86!

I've never managed to get really up close for a Rush show, the closest was probably last tour at Saratoga, where I was half way back Geddy's side.

I noticed that the front blocks there was very little/if any crowd reaction, this was due to season ticket holders rather than true fans having all the best seats.

So for this tour I'll be on the lawn at SPAC.

Its cheaper, you can stretch out and anyway isnt it all about the people around you?

The Lawn Rocks! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Good for you.

On the other hand, I've come to the realization that for the most part, lawn seats really suck. I've been to about five different outdoor venues over the years, and with the possible exception of Alpine Valley, none of them have a decent lawn. Most of the time, the lawn is so elevated you can't see shit, and with a band like Rush, you definitely want to catch the audio and visual parts of the show.

QUOTE (darth by tor @ Mar 27 2007, 11:45 AM)
I've finally turned a corner in my gig going life.
This tour I have decided to go for Lawn Seats rather than struggle through pre-sales or paying exorbitant brokers charges.

Having a green seat is still a novelty to me having emigrated to the US from the UK nearly four years ago.

The closest show to me is at Jones Beach and while the venue is fantastic, the top price tickets are $126.
Thats nearly $40 more than most of the other venues top prices!
Even the Uk's prices are the equivalent of $86!

I've never managed to get really up close for a Rush show, the closest was probably last tour at Saratoga, where I was half way back Geddy's side.
I noticed that the front blocks there was very little/if any crowd reaction, this was due to season ticket holders rather than true fans having all the best seats.
So for this tour I'll be on the lawn at SPAC.
Its cheaper, you can stretch out and anyway isnt it all about the people around you?
The Lawn Rocks! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Being on the lawn at SPAC is actually a lot of fun, no matter what show you go to. If you get there early enough, you can get towards the more bottom part of the lawn and still see a glimpse of the band. If I go to a second show, I will more than likely get lawn, to maybe Darien Lake or Mansfield.

Roll The Bones tour, I decided to go lawn just to take it easy and see the show from way back. I had seen Rush probably 10 times at that point and had been up close, inlcuding front row. But the front row was a general admission show, and we were packed in like cattle - not fun. (Great show, but not fun.)

Anyway, I went with an ex-girlfriend, and we got there early enough to get great center lawn seats on a perfectly clear evening. I was actually looking forward to the change of pace. But then something changed it all.

Rush was doing a canned food drive and raffling off front row seats. We almost forgot to check our tickets, but we realized the drawing was on, and...

We won!! So, we walked from center lawn to front row center. And --

at the end of the show, I caught Alex's pick.

You'd think that was lucky enough, right? But we saw the show again later in the tour, and had so-so seats (indoor arena). We won again - front row center. This time she caught Alex's pick.

So, you never know - go in content with your choices and you may just avoid the snakes and get an arrow. trink38.gif

I have been in the lawn for a few concerts. Not Rush. I do have a boot or two of concerts filmed from the lawn. The one thing I noticed is that from the lawn the sound is different than the visual. Example when the visual on the DVD is Neil hitting the snare the sound is delayed getting to the lawn.

QUOTE (Alph Seeker @ Mar 28 2007, 05:18 AM)
Roll The Bones tour, I decided to go lawn just to take it easy and see the show from way back. I had seen Rush probably 10 times at that point and had been up close, inlcuding front row. But the front row was a general admission show, and we were packed in like cattle - not fun. (Great show, but not fun.)

Anyway, I went with an ex-girlfriend, and we got there early enough to get great center lawn seats on a perfectly clear evening. I was actually looking forward to the change of pace. But then something changed it all.

Rush was doing a canned food drive and raffling off front row seats. We almost forgot to check our tickets, but we realized the drawing was on, and...

We won!! So, we walked from center lawn to front row center. And --

at the end of the show, I caught Alex's pick.

You'd think that was lucky enough, right? But we saw the show again later in the tour, and had so-so seats (indoor arena). We won again - front row center. This time she caught Alex's pick.

So, you never know - go in content with your choices and you may just avoid the snakes and get an arrow. trink38.gif

That is the best story, ever. smile.gif

i have never sat lawn for any concert, hate those nasty grass stains. wink.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 28 2007, 08:21 AM)
i have never sat lawn for any concert, hate those nasty grass stains. wink.gif

Grass stains...R30 Tour @ PNC Art Center was the same day hurricane charlie hit - mud stains up to your knees. rofl3.gif but we loved it....Lawn seats are like part 2 of the tailgate party.

With PNC you can still see the stage if your on the lawn. I know not all places are like that, so they have in the past sold out of lawn seats.

Archived