The Official Runner's Thread

deadwing2112

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 14 2010, 05:56 PM)
You guys who are running 30+ miles a week should be chowing down... A 2,000 calorie burn run should have you eating mounds of pasta like mad! Feed your body if it is hongry! smile.gif

I'm eating like mad at the moment. It's great.

I used up 2,068 calories on my 15 mile run this morning.

Everything I eat just gets burnt up straight away.

The best part of training for my half marathon was probably the eating. I ate everything in sight and didn't gain an ounce. Once I stopped doing those long runs, that was a whole 'nother story.

Didn't get any running in this weekend but wish I could have! My Vegas trip turned into a 5 hour drive down to Atlantic City and the boardwalk was not only free of snow, but it felt warmer there because of the salt air. Would have been a nice run! Oh well, we walked the damn thing about 345980 times so it's not like I didn't do anything tongue.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 14 2010, 10:23 AM)
The best part of training for my half marathon was probably the eating.  I ate everything in sight and didn't gain an ounce.  Once I stopped doing those long runs, that was a whole 'nother story.

Didn't get any running in this weekend but wish I could have!  My Vegas trip turned into a 5 hour drive down to Atlantic City and the boardwalk was not only free of snow, but it felt warmer there because of the salt air.  Would have been a nice run!  Oh well, we walked the damn thing about 345980 times so it's not like I didn't do anything tongue.gif

I am not a big eater, never have been never will be. I eat what's necessary to keep my energy up on a daily basis.

Anyway, got in six miles today. biggrin.gif

Snow sucks!

Good luck with the new job! yes.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 21 2010, 04:38 PM)
8 today. phew!

That's better. Getting those long runs in feels great doesn't it?

16 miles this morning.

I have another Sunday where I'll increase it to 17 and then a fortnight today I have a 20 mile race. From then on I'll increase by one mile until I get to about 24 and then start to taper back before the marathon.

Getting quite excited now smile.gif

Tapering? rofl3.gif

18.4 today and a 20 mile race next Sunday.

I aim to do one 25 mile run start of April and then start lowering my mileage so as to not knacker myself before the marathon. Fingers crossed it should work.

It's great to be in a regular routine. Sucks major ass when you have to break from it though.

Happy running bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (plodder @ Feb 28 2010, 03:16 PM)
Tapering? rofl3.gif

18.4 today and a 20 mile race next Sunday.

I aim to do one 25 mile run start of April and then start lowering my mileage so as to not knacker myself before the marathon. Fingers crossed it should work.

It's great to be in a regular routine. Sucks major ass when you have to break from it though.

Happy running bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Mar 4 2010, 01:22 AM)
Just registered for my first 5k. It's on April 10, and I haven't done any 3-mile runs since high school... Should be interesting laugh.gif

How long ago was High School? biggrin.gif

Good luck. 6 weeks should give you enough time to get some training in.

Good luck with your 5K TG!

The best thing about those races is everyone really fits in, from those who want to set a PR to those who are recreational exercisers trink39.gif

I did two 3/3.5 mile tempo runs this week. I Googled tempo run since I didn't know what it was (even after hearing the term being thrown around all the time). Good to know now! haha

QUOTE (plodder @ Mar 4 2010, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Mar 4 2010, 01:22 AM)
Just registered for my first 5k. It's on April 10, and I haven't done any 3-mile runs since high school... Should be interesting  laugh.gif

How long ago was High School? biggrin.gif

Good luck. 6 weeks should give you enough time to get some training in.

3 years... not enough to be old, but plenty to get out of shape.

Thanks ILG!

My best mile in HS was 5:19, but I was truckin. My goal is to do this 5k in 25 minutes... not sure how close I'll get

Did my 20 mile race today. My watch time was 2.49.29. It was a lovely day, beautiful clean, crisp weather and the countryside was fab. Only downside was that it was three loops of the same course. It was a bit disheartening seeing the 3, 8 and 14 mile markers in a row yes.gif

Nevermind it was a great day out and has left me very confident for the marathon.

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (plodder @ Mar 7 2010, 09:28 PM)
Did my 20 mile race today. My watch time was 2.49.29. It was a lovely day, beautiful clean, crisp weather and the countryside was fab. Only downside was that it was three loops of the same course. It was a bit disheartening seeing the 3, 8 and 14 mile markers in a row yes.gif

Nevermind it was a great day out and has left me very confident for the marathon.

bekloppt.gif

Wow!!!! FAN-TAS-TIC time !!!!!! You must be very pleased. It sounds like you're in a great place for the marathon!

Disco

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 11 2010, 01:44 AM)
My routine has become 3 miles 2x a week, some pilates and long run on the weekends. Finally getting my new schedule down. Just not enough time for TRF :(

You can't do everything! Something's gotta give.

I've found it tough. I've had to give up housework since training for London. :LOL:

I did a GREAT 12 miles this weekend (in pouring rain nontheless...) Did about 4.5 tonight in the daylight after work. Wow! Ran down by the lake and through the park there... If I do that again this week, I'll post pictures. It's so pretty and I'm so fortunate to live right near the lake.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 21 2010, 09:39 PM)
13 hard, hilly miles today.

I practiced my 1/2 marathon coming up and am noticing it is going to kill me. sad.gif

You'll be fine. Once you're in with all the other runners it'll be less of a chore like training and more like fun.

I've a half-marathon on Sunday. After that i'll start thinking of tapering down my mileage.

I'm also going to break in a new pair of running shoes. These'll be the ones I run the marathon in if all goes to plan.

Good luck with your half. yes.gif

bekloppt.gif

Did my half in a steady 8 min mile pace. 1.46.26 It was very hilly or as they say in running talk "undulating"

I had my final preparation info through the post for London. Getting quite excited now.

bekloppt.gif