The Official Runner's Thread

deadwing2112

Welcome back Disco bekloppt.gif

Which marathon are you doing?

London smile.gif

I ran again on Wednesday, and will tomorrow...

I'm tentatively feeling good about it all. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 28 2010, 08:41 PM)

I had to take time off from running when I was pregnant with Connor and when I went back, I felt like Frankenstein trying to run! Give yourself some time, you'll find a good rhythm pretty quickly. Just do what feels right. Don't take things too fast or you'll injure yourself. No harm in taking your time.

I'm back to running with the jogging stroller. I don't mind it. My gait is different but the whole point is just getting outdoors in the fresh air and getting a little exercise in. I'm also back to running races but with a jogging stroller, I'm limited to 5k's only because of the stroller. It's kind of cool because people cheer me on way more than the average runner. All along the courses I hear, "GO MAMA!" It's so awesome. smile.gif Plus, my kids LOVE crossing the finish line!

Sooooo

What do ya'll think of barefoot running? Ala Born To Run?

I kinda want the Vibram fingers for your feet. I guess when you run with sneakers, you land heel first and it's shocking (literally) to your legs. But naturally barefoot runner land ball-feet first and land throughout their foot, putting less pressure on their legs.

Sounds great but I would want to Vibrams to protect me from random stones and heaven forbid, bits of glass on the roads. You don't know what's on there no.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 29 2010, 10:10 AM)
Sooooo

What do ya'll think of barefoot running?  Ala Born To Run?

I kinda want the Vibram fingers for your feet.  I guess when you run with sneakers, you land heel first and it's shocking (literally) to your legs.  But naturally barefoot runner land ball-feet first and land throughout their foot, putting less pressure on their legs.

Sounds great but I would want to Vibrams to protect me from random stones and heaven forbid, bits of glass on the roads.  You don't know what's on there no.gif

Ummm.. back in the 70's I never wore shoes! laugh.gif No way these day's would I go barefoot for any length of time. tongue.gif When I run these days, I try and run on my toes as much as possible. It feels better and gives my calves more of a work out. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 29 2010, 06:03 PM)

I'm tentatively feeling good about it all. :)

I had to take time off from running when I was pregnant with Connor and when I went back, I felt like Frankenstein trying to run! Give yourself some time, you'll find a good rhythm pretty quickly. Just do what feels right. Don't take things too fast or you'll injure yourself. No harm in taking your time.

I'm back to running with the jogging stroller. I don't mind it. My gait is different but the whole point is just getting outdoors in the fresh air and getting a little exercise in. I'm also back to running races but with a jogging stroller, I'm limited to 5k's only because of the stroller. It's kind of cool because people cheer me on way more than the average runner. All along the courses I hear, "GO MAMA!" It's so awesome. :) Plus, my kids LOVE crossing the finish line!

Go Mama! :rfl:

13 this morning, 20 for the weekend. :7up:

:hi:

QUOTE (plodder @ Jan 31 2010, 05:23 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 29 2010, 06:03 PM)

I'm back to running with the jogging stroller. I don't mind it. My gait is different but the whole point is just getting outdoors in the fresh air and getting a little exercise in. I'm also back to running races but with a jogging stroller, I'm limited to 5k's only because of the stroller. It's kind of cool because people cheer me on way more than the average runner. All along the courses I hear, "GO MAMA!" It's so awesome. smile.gif Plus, my kids LOVE crossing the finish line!

Go Mama! rofl3.gif

13 this morning, 20 for the weekend. 653.gif

bekloppt.gif

bekloppt.gif plodder!

Glad to hear from you and good job on your running! smile.gif

Go mama indeed. biggrin.gif I want my kids to enjoy exercise and see it as a fun thing to do. They can have their couch potato time but need to get outdoors and run around too.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 6 2010, 11:22 AM)
Good job, GG!

I did 12 this morning with the new group (I moved 3 hours away from my old group this week).  Wow, they pick some challenging routes!

ohmy.gif 12 miles!! That's dedication, good job 653.gif trink39.gif

I just got back from putting in six. The temperature was nice but the snow blowing sideways kinda sucked. tongue.gif

Just entered a 20 mile race at the start of March and a half marathon and the end. Training is beginning to intensify now.

I used up 1,950 calories in my 14 mile run this morning. I'm always hungry now ohmy.gif

I did 12 this morning with the new group (I moved 3 hours away from my old group this week). Wow, they pick some challenging routes!

That's great!

Any races lined up?

QUOTE (plodder @ Feb 7 2010, 04:13 PM)
Just entered a 20 mile race at the start of March and a half marathon and the end. Training is beginning to intensify now.

I used up 1,950 calories in my 14 mile run this morning. I'm always hungry now ohmy.gif

I did 12 this morning with the new group (I moved 3 hours away from my old group this week). Wow, they pick some challenging routes!

That's great!

Any races lined up?

Yup, I have a half marathon in April....which I will be prepared for after this weekend!

I hate being hungry all the time when I run!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 7 2010, 01:17 PM)

I used up 1,950 calories in my 14 mile run this morning. I'm always hungry now  ohmy.gif

That's great!

Any races lined up?

Yup, I have a half marathon in April....which I will be prepared for after this weekend!

Just eat some fruit with water/juice leading up to the race. smile.gif

I got in my usual six miles earlier today.

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 7 2010, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 7 2010, 01:17 PM)

I used up 1,950 calories in my 14 mile run this morning. I'm always hungry now  ohmy.gif

That's great!

Any races lined up?

Just eat some fruit with water/juice leading up to the race. smile.gif

I got in my usual six miles earlier today.

I should rephrase: I don't get hungry while running, but rather when I up my mileage, I am generally hungrier all the time laugh.gif

Tough of the track,

With the wind,

And the rain that's beating down on your back.

Your heart's beating loud

And goes on getting louder

And goes on even more till the sound

Is ringing in your head,

With every step you tread,

And every breath you take,

Determination makes

You run,

Never stop,

Gotta win, gotta run till you drop,

Keep the pace,

Hold the race,

Your mind is getting clearer,

You're over halfway there but the miles

Just never seem to end

As if you're in a dream,

Not getting anywhere.

It seems so futile.

Run, on and on,

Run, on and on,

The loneliness of the long distance runner.

I've got to keep running the course,

I've got to keep running and win at all costs,

I've got to keep going, be strong,

Must be so determined and push myself on.

Run over stiles, across fields,

Turn to look at who's on your heels,

Way ahead of the field,

The line is getting nearer but do

You want the glory that goes,

You reach the final stretch,

Ideals are just a trace,

You feel like throwing the race,

It's all so futile.

Run, on and on,

Run, on and on,

The loneliness of the long distance runner