Hey, rushengal!!!!!

sullysue

Thanks so much for putting the pictures up smile.gif

From the videos I've seen on YouTube and the sound I've heard on 'Live Between Us' Gord sounds INCREDIBLY enthusiastic on stage.

I have yet to see them preform life though sad.gif

BUT.... when the new arena here is built, they want to be the first act to preform in it... and I'm going to be there. Front row center... some time in December 07/January 08.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 17 2007, 07:20 AM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 17 2007, 12:08 AM)
That...is...so...AWESOME!

I'm a huge fan of them too....actually, I just picked up one of their albums today. I haven't been able to see them live yet unfortunately...I'm hoping they'll come to the Vancouver area again soon so I can fix that.

Gord Downie rules!

They'll be in Portland, OR on March 28th and Seattle on the 29th. Maybe you could go down there to see them.

Now I get what you put as your location! I always thought, "Aw. Poor lonely invisi. sad.gif " laugh.gif

They played that song last night. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif During the encore, they played ZZ Top's "Tush." It was awesome. Some degenerate jumped up on stage during it and tried to sing with Gordon. He was literally thrown off the stage by security.

I tried using the video function on my digital camera, but I don't think it worked. The sound was turned off anyway. angry.gif

The Seattle show is sold out and Portland is 21+ sad.gif They tour a heck of a lot more than Rush, though, so I'm sure they'll be nearby soon.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 17 2007, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 17 2007, 07:20 AM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 17 2007, 12:08 AM)
That...is...so...AWESOME!

I'm a huge fan of them too....actually, I just picked up one of their albums today. I haven't been able to see them live yet unfortunately...I'm hoping they'll come to the Vancouver area again soon so I can fix that.

Gord Downie rules!

They'll be in Portland, OR on March 28th and Seattle on the 29th. Maybe you could go down there to see them.

Now I get what you put as your location! I always thought, "Aw. Poor lonely invisi. sad.gif " laugh.gif

They played that song last night. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif During the encore, they played ZZ Top's "Tush." It was awesome. Some degenerate jumped up on stage during it and tried to sing with Gordon. He was literally thrown off the stage by security.

I tried using the video function on my digital camera, but I don't think it worked. The sound was turned off anyway. angry.gif

The Seattle show is sold out and Portland is 21+ sad.gif They tour a heck of a lot more than Rush, though, so I'm sure they'll be nearby soon.

That sucks dude sad.gif

But they do tour LOTS so you'll probably see them in no time at all smile.gif

Stupid 21+ shows... they anger me.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 9 2007, 03:02 PM)
bumper.gif

They're playing the GM Place in Vancouver on Thursday....just got my ticket biggrin.gif

Frickin' awesome, invisi! 653.gif

They're amazing live. Can't wait to hear how it was. smile.gif

Sully what an amazing experience for you- meeting the band and then getting tickets for the show. I really enjoyed the pics you took of a wonderful evening. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Invisi - I am glad that you got tickets for a show near you - enjoy. yes.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (chaotica @ Jul 10 2007, 07:26 AM)
So how was it? confused13.gif

The show's day after tomorrow, but I say we DEMAND pictures! Pictures with invisi in them! 1287.gif

All this time on TRF, and we don't even know what the little punk looks like. tongue.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 10 2007, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (chaotica @ Jul 10 2007, 07:26 AM)
So how was it? confused13.gif

The show's day after tomorrow, but I say we DEMAND pictures! Pictures with invisi in them! 1287.gif

All this time on TRF, and we don't even know what the little punk looks like. tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

We want pics, we want pics, we want pics!!!

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 10 2007, 04:26 PM)
There's a pic in my profile tongue.gif

I don't know if I'll be able to get pics...I don't have a camera. And cameras/recorders are apparently not allowed, which is strange for The Hip confused13.gif

ohmy.gif

I don't go around TRF looking at everyone's profile, ya' know. unsure.gif

You look like a very young Bono. (That's a compliment. yes.gif )

When we saw them, we asked the security dude if we could take pictures. He said anything goes. Cameras, recorders, video. Whatever. The band didn't care. I FREAKED! 653.gif

Maybe you can borrow a camera, just in case. Anyhoo, have fun kiddo! I can't wait to hear all about it. You're going to have a blast.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 10 2007, 09:01 PM)

I don't know if I'll be able to get pics...I don't have a camera. And cameras/recorders are apparently not allowed, which is strange for The Hip confused13.gif

ohmy.gif

When we saw them, we asked the security dude if we could take pictures. He said anything goes. Cameras, recorders, video. Whatever. The band didn't care. I FREAKED! 653.gif

Maybe you can borrow a camera, just in case. Anyhoo, have fun kiddo! I can't wait to hear all about it. You're going to have a blast.

Yeah, they're great about recording...and just look on youtube, there's an INSANE number of videos there, and many of them in pretty good quality. Just another reason to love this band. cool.gif

The no-recording thing must be GM Place's policy. Oh well, I don't think my parents will let me take their camera into downtown Vancouver anyways unsure.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 10 2007, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 10 2007, 09:01 PM)

ohmy.gif

Yeah, they're great about recording...and just look on youtube, there's an INSANE number of videos there, and many of them in pretty good quality. Just another reason to love this band. cool.gif

The no-recording thing must be GM Place's policy. Oh well, I don't think my parents will let me take their camera into downtown Vancouver anyways unsure.gif

Something cool: My son has "New Orleans is Sinking" loaded as the music for his new XBox game, "Juiced."

My kids are Hip, too! biggrin.gif

653.gif

Just got back. They f*cking rocked biggrin.gif

Da setlist:

Lonely End Of The Rink

New Orleans Is Sinking

My Music At Work

"It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken"

Family Band

Ahead By A Century

Yer Not The Ocean

Courage

World Container

Long Time Running

In View

Springtime In Vienna

At The Hundredth Meridian

Bobcaygeon

The Kids Don't Get It

Fully Completely

Blow At High Dough

-encore-

The Drop Off

Grace, Too

Fireworks

More details when I'm less tired.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 13 2007, 01:54 AM)

Da setlist:

Lonely End Of The Rink
New Orleans Is Sinking
My Music At Work
Family Band
Ahead By A Century
Yer Not The Ocean
Courage
World Container
Long Time Running
In View
Springtime In Vienna
Bobcaygeon
The Kids Don't Get It
Fully Completely
Blow At High Dough

-encore-
The Drop Off
Grace, Too
Fireworks

Awesome, man!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 13 2007, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 13 2007, 01:54 AM)

Da setlist:

Lonely End Of The Rink
New Orleans Is Sinking
My Music At Work
Family Band
Ahead By A Century
Yer Not The Ocean
Courage
World Container
Long Time Running
In View
Springtime In Vienna
Bobcaygeon
The Kids Don't Get It
Fully Completely
Blow At High Dough

-encore-
The Drop Off
Grace, Too
Fireworks

Awesome, man!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Ok, details....

-The opening act was a group called The Sadies. They weren't terrible, but they weren't particularly stunning either. I think they were a pretty bad choice for a Tragically Hip opening band, though.

-The new stuff came off extremely well. I thought World Container seemed a bit too overproduced and polished (thanks, Bob Rock) but the songs themselves are incredible. Lonely End Of The Rink and In View definitely held up against classics like Courage and Grace, Too.

-It never struck me until now how versatile Rob Baker's guitar skills are. In one show there was acoustic, electric, fingerpicking, slide guitar, blues, reggae, alt-rock, country, and even a hint of metal. It almost makes Lerxst look like Angus Young (ok, that's a bit extreme...).

-Great lighting, even though The Hip play different setlists every night.

-Gord Downie's antics are the stuff of legend, but Youtube videos don't quite manage to capture the experience of him going absolutely nuts onstage.

-Fully Completely and Blow At High Dough in particular absolutely rocked.

-Lots of pot. The guys next to me were smoking some, and they were sitting through the entire show, so I guess it does cause brain damage after all. It would take sheer willpower to sit through Blow At High Dough. I'd be impressed if it wasn't so LAME. tongue.gif

-$35 for a T-shirt? WTF?

That's all I can think of for now...

-It never struck me until now how versatile Rob Baker's guitar skills are. In one show there was acoustic, electric, fingerpicking, slide guitar, blues, reggae, alt-rock, country, and even a hint of metal. It almost makes Lerxst look like Angus Young (ok, that's a bit extreme...)

Absolutely! My thoughts months ago when I saw them. He is amazing! Very emotional in his playing. Great guitarist.

I'm so glad you were able to see them live. I was blown away personally when I saw them. It moved me into a direction that I still find myself. That energy. Amazing.

Archived