What's with the Test For Echo haters?

Rushman14

its an okay record. i tend to like simple, short songs these days. Carve Away The Stone has actually grown on me since it was released.

Time and Motion is another favorite, I still have no idea why it was dropped so early in the 96 tour.

But some songs just can't be salvaged though even after 10 years (Dog Years/Virtuality).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how people go back and forth on this one. One man's turd is another man's treasure. As for T4E, it's not Moving Pictures or Kings, but it has some of their best stuff from the 90s on it. The song Test for Echo ROCKS (it's my ring tone on my phone), and Time and Motion is an incredible tune. Resist ain't half bad either (the live acoustic version is the best). new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Then there is Dog Years and Virtuality. 062802puke_prv.gif

I consider Test for Echo to be spiritless and bland. The only song that has any "fire" for me would be "Carve away the Stone". If it weren't for Geddy's voice (which seems to be rather distant), I'd never know it was Rush but just another 90's rock group that has no memorability.

TFE may not be the pick of the litter but I rate it better than Vapor Trails.

One of my top 5 2.gif songs on my list is Half The World. I don't think Neil was lyrically lazy at all..especially with this song.

My one and only (so far) Rush show was TFE Dec 1996 so I am loooong overdue !!

People who know me for my Rush fandom are usually suprised when I list T4E as a favorite Rush album.Of course,these are people who never gave it much of listen to begin with.Even worse,their judgements being based on the stereotypes of others.

Archived