QUEENSRYCHE!

EmotionDetector

What is your favourite Queensryche album?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Queensryche album?

• QUEENSRYCHE
    • THE WARNING
    • RAGE FOR ORDER
    • OPERATION: MINDCRIME
    • EMPIRE
    • PROMISED LAND
    • HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER
    • Q2K
    • TRIBE
    • OPERATION: MINDCRIME II

I love Queensryce. I saw them 3 times live. Saw them twice during the Dream Theater/Queensryche tour, and I saw them this past November on the Operation:Mindcrime I/II tour. It was AWESOME getting to see O:MC played live ALL the way through.

It was funny when I saw them both times when they co-headlined with Dream Theater. The first time I saw them on that tour, most of the songs they did were NEWER stuff...from Tribe, Q2K, ect. A few songs from Empire, and a few from their 80's albums. Also, Geoff's voice seemed a bit...straining. The performance for the most part was pretty good, but I kinda expected a little more older material. Cool show, anyway. Then I saw them a month later - COMPLETLY different show. EVERY song was from Empire, EARLIER. I mean, they did Queen of the Ryche, Take Hold of the Flame, Screaming In Digital, Walk In The Shadows, The Whisper, Neue Regel, Best I Can...ALL that great stuff. And Geoff's voice was DEAD-ON PERFECT! yes.gif He hit every freakin high note. Like during Queen Of The Ryche, that one VERY high, ball-busting note he hits at the end of the guitar solo...he NAILED it. And I just stood there like drool1.gif LOL

The setlist for that show was...

The Whisper, Neue Regel, Take Hold Of The Flame, The Lady Wore Black, Empire, Jet City Woman, Walk In The Shadows, Screaming In Digital, Spreading The Disease, The Mission, I Don't Beleive In Love, Eyes Of A Stranger, Queen Of The Ryche, Best I Can 1022.gif

Kick-ass setlist, eh? biggrin.gif But yes...Queensryche owns. Although, I DO miss Chris DeGarmo. Wish he would come back for another album and tour.

Seen 'em three times...

I've not followed them at all after Empire. I picked up OM2 just to see...not bad, but no where near the genius of OM.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 18 2007, 11:35 PM)
Who the f**k voted for Op Mindcrime II?

You, so you could post in a Queensryche thread

wink.gif

This post brought to you by the unnecessary bumper.gif of the week, thank you

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 28 2007, 06:36 PM)
Ryche is one of my top five faves. Though like the majority here, I've lost touch with them since DeGarmo's departure. I got OM2, mostly out of curiosity. I've listened to it about three times, while I have listened to the original nearly a million times. :

You should give O:M2 more spinnage. I would suggest concentrating on the seven tracks between 4 and 10. I think that not only did they capture the sound of the original effort, but on these core tracks, they also capture the intensity. Like me, you've probably played the original release out completely, ad nauseum. You already have the sequel in stock. Give it another chance.

Archived