Good Sequels

Bastille Night

Well, I'm new around these parts so I shall start my first movie thread with a suggestion that Jack made in another thread.

So, are there any good sequels out there, or do you just hate the whole concept of taking a great movie and trying to make a few extra bucks? (or even worse, making a sequel out of an already bad movie, a la Scooby Doo).

Anyway, here's my two favorite sequels, both of which I may even like better than the originals:

The Godfather Part II

The Empire Strikes Back

....yeah, I know they're the obvious ones. Any others out there?

'Army Of Darkness' and 'Spider-Man 2' are the first two that leap to mind.

Yeah but you brought up about Patriot Games not truly being a sequel...and the thread is 'which sequels are better than the original'...so if 'Hunt' is the original, my point is that the sequel is NOT better.

Aw screw it, I'm too confused now.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Nov 29 2004, 01:20 PM)
Hmm dunno, ask the original poster!

Yeah, the original intent was just to talk about 'good sequels'. I just happened to mention that I liked my sequel choices better than the originals. All posts are welcome, but no domestic quarrels please....I don't want to break up a relationship on my first day here wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Nov 29 2004, 06:42 PM)

Yeah, the original intent was just to talk about 'good sequels'. I just happened to mention that I liked my sequel choices better than the originals. All posts are welcome, but no domestic quarrels please....I don't want to break up a relationship on my first day here wink.gif biggrin.gif

Phew, you nearly started one there miladdo.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Nov 29 2004, 05:55 PM)
the two LotR sequels

Strictly speaking, The Two Towers and The Return of the King are not really sequels - The lord of the Rings was a single film that was split into three (OK, just being pedantic - I'm in that sort of mood at the moment tongue.gif )

Anyway, along with the ones already mentioned I would have to add:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (better than the Motionless Picture)

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (better than The Search for Spock 062802puke_prv.gif )

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (better than The Final Frontier but that's not hard is it?)

Star Trek: First Contact (better than Generations - no William Shatner biggrin.gif )

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - best of the lot

Lethal Weapon 2

Bride of Frankenstein

Any Which Way You Can

Magnum Force

That's all I can think of except to say that I actually think the first Terminator film is better and that the first 2 ALien films are about equal

Lethal Weapon II

Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade

Since it's that time of year:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (My favorite christmas movie, well after the animated Grinch)

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Nov 29 2004, 02:47 PM)
X men II

GOOD ONE!!!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Nov 29 2004, 01:42 PM)

laugh.gif