If you like this, you'll like that...

Finbar

Here's how it works...

Let's say I go first.

I name two songs: One Rush, one non-Rush. At least one has to remind me of the other, and I have to realistically think, "If you like that Rush song, you'll also like this non-Rush song!" for whatever reason. I don't have to justify my reasoning, but I can if I want.

For example, "If you like Scars by Rush, you'll also like Sleepless by King Crimson."

Then the second person takes that non-Rush song and names another song BY THE SAME NON-RUSH BAND and compares it to a Rush song in the same way.

For example, "If you like Lament by King Crimson, you'll also like Anthem by Rush."

The third person takes that Rush song and names another song FROM THE SAME RUSH STUDIO ALBUM and compares it to another non-Rush song the same way.

For example, "If you like Rivendell by Rush, you'll also like Ramble On by Led Zeppelin, 'cause they're both songs based on J.R.R. Tolkien's literature." The third person picked Rivendell because they had to pick another song from Fly By Night since Anthem is from that album. But person 2 didn't have to pick another song from the same album as Sleepless, (Three of a Perfect Pair) but could have if they wanted to. The same album rule applies to the Rush songs, but not the non-Rush songs. This being a Rush forum, it'd be unfair to do it any other way.

And the game continues in that way.

Alright! biggrin.gif I hope I explained that well enough, and I hope you all like my game! If this has piqued anybody's interest, somebody please start! smile.gif

Edited by Finbar

If you like In The End by Rush, you'll like Down By The Seaside by Led Zeppelin.

Did I do that right?? confused13.gif

Edited by Cygnalschick

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jan 19 2007, 03:13 PM)
If you like In The End by Rush, you'll like Down By The Seaside by Led Zeppelin.

Did I do that right?? confused13.gif

Yes! Thank you! You did it perfect! smile.gif

If you like Limelight by Rush, you will also like Innocence Faded by Dream Theater.

See, I picked Limelight because the last person picked YYZ and I had to choose a song from the same album. But the next person does not necessarily have to pick a song from the same Dream Theater album (Awake) as the song I chose because the same album rule only applies to Rush songs in this game.

Easy as pie! biggrin.gif