See the Silver Surfer

Jack Aubrey

Here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/SilverSurferFF2.jpg

All right, comic book fans, let's have some input!

Y'know, I had sworn that I wouldn't see the first one cuz i'd heard how they portrayed Doom and I wasn't too keen on that. But I finally saw it and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. ohmy.gif

Can't wait to see this. There's no way they can do the whole origin of the Silver Surfer and Galactus storyline justice, but everything in a movie can't be perfect. I'm gonna enjoy this for the visuals and for what it is. A comic BASED movie. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 22 2006, 02:25 PM)
Y'know, I had sworn that I wouldn't see the first one cuz i'd heard how they portrayed Doom and I wasn't too keen on that.

This is pretty much what ruined the movie for me. Doom is probably my favorite villain ever and I couldn't get passed it.

I took the kids to see Night At The Museum tonight (which was awesome), and the FF2 trailer was shown. Man... Surfer looks AWESOME! I have no idea if the movie will be any good - but wow the sequence of Torch chasing Surfer was outrageous! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Dec 22 2006, 02:34 PM)
Y'know, I had sworn that I wouldn't see the first one cuz i'd heard how they portrayed Doom and I wasn't too keen on that.

This is pretty much what ruined the movie for me. Doom is probably my favorite villain ever and I couldn't get passed it.

Same here. I had to really work past that. Take that away though, and the movie is good. You can't expect movie makers to be true to everything. They only have two hours.

I think they should have went with the mole man maybe? Doom needs a whole two hours just to explain how he became who he is. The movie doesn't even touch on his dark magicks or how his mom is imprisoned in hell. Doom is not just an average megalomaniac. no.gif He has a nobility to him. He's far from just evil. He's twisted, definitely, but not for the reasons the movie portrayed.

Doom and Magneto and Thanos are my favorite "villians".

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 27 2006, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Dec 22 2006, 02:34 PM)

Same here. I had to really work past that. Take that away though, and the movie is good. You can't expect movie makers to be true to everything. They only have two hours.

I think they should have went with the mole man maybe? Doom needs a whole two hours just to explain how he became who he is. The movie doesn't even touch on his dark magicks or how his mom is imprisoned in hell. Doom is not just an average megalomaniac. no.gif He has a nobility to him. He's far from just evil. He's twisted, definitely, but not for the reasons the movie portrayed.

Doom and Magneto and Thanos are my favorite "villians".

I don't expect movie makers to have it exactly as the comics are. But even without Doom's bastardization (I thought Reed Richards was poorly done too by the way), I thought it wasn't good. To me it seemed like a made for tv movie with a big budget.