Goober Radio!

rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 30 2007, 12:11 PM)

8. The Wicker Man Soundtrack - Willow's Song

11. The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
12. Spirit - Topanga Windows
13. The Byrds - Renaissance Fair

16. Yes - The Revealing Science of God

20. Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy

Inspired!

Again, I doff my cap to you sir!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxst2112 @ Mar 31 2007, 02:51 PM)
For the next show if you have it, any good live jam of Dark Star by The Grateful Dead.

And just to ask, how do you compile and play your shows on the radio? Do you compile a playlist on a media player( i.e iTunes, WMV, and Winamp) and play the music from there? I ask this because next year I am probably going to try to get into the college radio station at my university and hope me and a couple of buddies can get a show and play somewhat of a similar show like yours. Alot of 60s and 70s music and stuff you don't hear often on the radio.

I do it the old fashioned way. I have a song order pre-planned before I come in and then I play cd's.

There are people who bring their ipod to the station and somehow play their show off of that, but I don't know how they do it as I never got into itunes or ipods. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I know at least that you CAN do it that way if you know what you're doing.

Ah ok. Well is my request from before A-ok?

QUOTE (Lerxst2112 @ Apr 3 2007, 05:49 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxst2112 @ Mar 31 2007, 02:51 PM)
For the next show if you have it, any good live jam of Dark Star by The Grateful Dead.

And just to ask, how do you compile and play your shows on the radio? Do you compile a playlist on a media player( i.e iTunes, WMV, and Winamp) and play the music from there? I ask this because next year I am probably going to try to get into the college radio station at my university and hope me and a couple of buddies can get a show and play somewhat of a similar show like yours. Alot of 60s and 70s music and stuff you don't hear often on the radio.

I do it the old fashioned way. I have a song order pre-planned before I come in and then I play cd's.

There are people who bring their ipod to the station and somehow play their show off of that, but I don't know how they do it as I never got into itunes or ipods. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I know at least that you CAN do it that way if you know what you're doing.

Ah ok. Well is my request from before A-ok?

Yes, as long as I know you plan on listening, I'll play it. yes.gif

New show tonight filled with awesome tunage, including of course the ever-present Rush song. wink.gif

Hope to see you all there 5-7pm PST (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK). Info of how to tune in is in my signature and join the party in chat during the show as well if you so desireth!

Peace,

Gary/Goober

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Apr 5 2007, 08:11 AM)
Any chance you may play something by, Astral Navigations ?

Jeez, I can't believe you even know who they are!

I actually have played a couple of songs by them in the past. I take requests (too late for this week), so if you know you're gonna listen next week, feel free to make a request. smile.gif

The Interdimensional Vortex 4/5/07

1. Greenslade - Melange

2. Euphoria - Did You Get the Letter

3. Family - Scene Through A Lens

4. Jethro Tull - Hymn 43

5. Pink Floyd - Remember A Day

6. Sun Ra - Heliocentric

7. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Kandy Korn

8. The Count Five - Psychotic Reaction

9. Grateful Dead - Dark Star (from Live/Dead)

10. Rush - Prime Mover

11. The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind

12. Finch - Remembering the Future

13. Can - Vitamin C

14. Fever Tree - San Francisco Girls

15. Jefferson Airplane - The Last Wall of the Castle

16. Jefferson Airplane - rejoyce

17. Caravan - Be All Right/Chance of a Lifetime

18. Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes?

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 6 2007, 05:19 PM)
Next request....Gigolo Aunt by Syd Barrett...thanks. trink39.gif

early enuff for ya? tongue.gif

Testy, you know what you are, you are the gigolo aunt, you're the gigolo aunt. tongue.gif

Plenty early, thanks! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 5 2007, 03:42 PM)

I actually have played a couple of songs by them in the past. I take requests (too late for this week), so if you know you're gonna listen next week, feel free to make a request. smile.gif

Hi goob, Vis here, could you play A kleptomaniac stole my heart by Astral Navigations, if so, i will be listening. yes.gif

Edited by the invisible man

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Apr 8 2007, 07:04 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 5 2007, 03:42 PM)

Hi goob, Vis here, could you play A kleptomaniac stole my heart by Astral Navigations, if so, i will be listening. yes.gif

rofl3.gif

Sorry man, this is what I was afraid of. I was shocked that you knew about this band that made one EXTREMELY obscure album back in 1970. I think we're talking about a different Astral Navigations dude. FYI, I tend to play 60's and 70's music 95% of the time...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/astralnav.jpg

Another Thursday, another super groovy radio show planned! smile.gif

If you haven't listened before, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Lots more groovy 60's psych and 70's prog songs planned, as well as some other goodies including the ever-present Rush song wink.gif .

Hope to see you all there 5-7pm PST (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK). Go to wwww.kskq.org and press the play button. See you there!

Peace,

Gary/Goober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 12 2007, 08:56 AM)

If you haven't listened before, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Lots more groovy 60's psych and 70's prog songs planned, as well as some other goodies including the ever-present Rush song wink.gif .

Hope to see you all there 5-7pm PST (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK). Go to wwww.kskq.org and press the play button. See you there!

Peace,
Gary/Goober

your just a nappy headed psych-ho.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2007, 06:27 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 12 2007, 08:56 AM)

If you haven't listened before, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!  Lots more groovy 60's psych and 70's prog songs planned, as well as some other goodies including the ever-present Rush song wink.gif .

Peace,
Gary/Goober

your just a nappy headed psych-ho.

I MUSt disagree with you. wink.gif

Edited by rushgoober

Hey Goober. I think it would be appropriate that in memory of those in the Virginia Tech shooting that you play Afterimage as your Rush song this week. Just a suggestion.

*Sigh* As for my request this week, can you play Tomorrow Never Knows-The Beatles?

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 17 2007, 11:12 AM)
Can I request Kansas - Incommudro, A Hymn To The Atman, or if that's too long, Song For America. (First hour if possible, I'll need to be thinking about heading to bed at 2am because of work in the morning.)

Thanx

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

You can request all the Kansas you want until your heart is filled as if to bursting, BUT....

I have no Kansas - sorry! sad.gif

Edited by rushgoober

Yes, I'm having a show tonight! *woohoo*

From 5-7pm PST, 8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK. Go to www.kskq.org and click on the play button.

There's some awesome 60's psych, 70's prog and other assorted goodies planned for tonights show, including the ever-present Rush song and requests! Come listen and join us in chat!

Peace & Love,

Gary