Acupuncture

D-13

Because it's health related...I will put it here. I don't want it in Random samples.

Does anyone here get acupuncture done? Ever since I went to physio for a leg injury I've had it all over the place. Now that I work at the clinic...I get it done weekly...mainly for my wrist. and now...my co-worker Physiotherapist is showing me how to needle myself. I find acupuncture helps soooo much. But thats just me!

Anyone else get it done? or has had it done? Like it? not like it? Discuss

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 5 2006, 08:33 PM)
Because it's  health related...I will put it here.  I don't want it in Random samples.

Does anyone here get acupuncture done?  Ever since I went to physio for a leg injury I've had it all over the place.  Now that I work at the clinic...I get it done weekly...mainly for my wrist.  and now...my co-worker Physiotherapist is showing me how to needle myself.  I find acupuncture helps soooo much.  But thats just me! 

Anyone else get it done? or has had it done?  Like it? not like it? Discuss

Never had it done, but I know people who swear by it. I like to know how you needle yourself. Needles don't bother me, I could needle myself if I knew how and where.

acupuncture is used for many different things....such as:

* Giving up smoking

* Chronic asthma

* Bell's palsy

* Shoulder pain

* Lateral elbow pain

* Acute stroke

* Rheumatoid arthritis

* Depression

* Induction of labour

although i personally have not had it done, my step mom did for pain management......lots off people swear by bit....but you have to be careful who you go to to have it done....do the research....!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 6 2006, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 5 2006, 08:33 PM)
Because it's  health related...I will put it here.  I don't want it in Random samples.

Does anyone here get acupuncture done?  Ever since I went to physio for a leg injury I've had it all over the place.  Now that I work at the clinic...I get it done weekly...mainly for my wrist.  and now...my co-worker Physiotherapist is showing me how to needle myself.  I find acupuncture helps soooo much.  But thats just me! 

Anyone else get it done? or has had it done?  Like it? not like it? Discuss

Never had it done, but I know people who swear by it. I like to know how you needle yourself. Needles don't bother me, I could needle myself if I knew how and where.

Thats the tricky part! There should be some type of "maps" online to show where. I only know the arm so far. I could probably post pictures when I get my set of needles in biggrin.gif. Also I can show step by step. I need to order some in though first trink39.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 6 2006, 12:37 AM)
What does it do for you?  Pain relief?  I would be skeptical, but thats also my nature.  If you say it helps you I beleive it, but what else can it do for people?  Anyone have any resources on it?

From my experience....I have wrist tendonitis in both hands...an unfortunate result from being a musician...and for me it helps...A LOT. Never had something help so much in my life. But it also is different for other peeps. It may help a lot, or it may not. It should...but in some cases...such as severe injury's...it might not be as effective.

an article

http://www.acupuncture.com/conditions/tendonitis.htm

A Good site for information

http://www.acupuncture.com/

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 6 2006, 04:58 AM)
acupuncture is used for many different things....such as:
    * Giving up smoking
    * Chronic asthma
    * Bell's palsy
    * Shoulder pain
    * Lateral elbow pain
    * Acute stroke
    * Rheumatoid arthritis
    * Depression
    * Induction of labour

although i personally have not had it done, my step mom did for pain management......lots off people swear by bit....but you have to be careful who you go to to have it done....do the research....!

Totally! You have to find a good acupuncturist. It's like finding a good tattoo artist! Generally, when you get acupuncture professionally you shouldn't feel any pain (exceptions are for the needle insertion). The acupuncturist should know exactly where to place the needles, and it shouldn't generate pain. If you do experience pain, switch acupuncturists. Simple as that.

Here's the full list off of Acpuncture.com

Acne

Addiction

AIDS

Allergies

Alzheimer's

Angina

Anxiety

Arthritis

Asthma

Back Pain (Self-Help)

Back Pain (Chinese Medicine)

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Breast Cancer

Breast Lumps

Cancer

Candidiasis (Yeast Infection)

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Cholesterol, High

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Constipation

Crohn's Disease

Depression

Dermatitis (Eczema)

Diabetes

Diarrhea

Diverticular Disease

Endometriosis

Eye Diseases

Female Sexual Dysfunction

Fibroids

Fibromyalgia

Flu (and Colds)

GERD

Glaucoma

Gout

Gum Disease

Hayfever

Headache

Heartburn

Hemorrhoids

Hypertension

Impotence

Indigestion

Infertility

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Insomnia

Kidney Stones

Lung Cancer

Male Infertility

Memory Loss

Meniere's Disease

Menopause

Menstrual Cramps

Muscle Strain and Sprain

Osteoporosis

Parkinson's

Peptic Ulcer

Premenstrual Syndrome

Preventative Medicine

Psoriasis

Rheumatoid Arthritis

SARS

Shingles

Sinusitis

Stroke

Tinnitus

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Ulcerative Colitis

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Tract Infection

Vitiligo

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Dec 8 2006, 05:24 AM)
Acupuncture looks scary; I'm sick of needles...

I thought that at first...

but yeah it's hard when someone has a fear of needles...couple people have passed out at the clinic...but it was no big deal they were sitting down or lying down. biggrin.gif

My whole family used to get acupuncuture all the time. It didn't hurt at all..of course...and I loved the tingly feeling it gives you when you lay there with the needles in you. It cured my dad's asthma and one day I went in for a session when I had a high fever with a terrible sore throat and had to go to choir practice. I could acually sing afterwards, felt perfectly better and the symptoms did not come back. The downside...it makes you have to pee. I believe in acupuncture 2112%.

(ok that was really corny)

Archived