Adult literacy

GeddyRulz

I volunteered for adult literacy when I was back in Uni. Besides reading, I tutored them in math also. (Don't you math-o-phobes be worried. The level of material many of them needed helped with was very basic...multiplication/fractions). I can't really volunteer at the moment due to geography. But I would do it again if I could. Those students were so grateful even though I thought I was just helping them 'a little.' It's apparent to me now that it's more than that. smile.gif

mathophobes tongue.gif

but I'd consider volunteering as well if I wasn't in school all the time. If I ever wanted to make a contribution to the world of words, I'd just write a book that people everywhere wanted to read. That'd do it for me.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 15 2006, 01:03 AM)
I can read and write english well but I have no motivation for reading books. I dunno why. I cannot sit and read a 125 page paperback. unsure.gif

125 pages??? That's like... a one day read!

With all it's given me in my life, I can't understand why people don't read when they're able.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 15 2006, 06:14 AM)
I can read and write english well but I have no motivation for reading books. I dunno why. I cannot sit and read a 125 page paperback. unsure.gif

With all it's given me in my life, I can't understand why people don't read when they're able.

sayin'?

my oldest daughters' dad was a very active member of the literacy volunteers of america....for many many years...

125 pages is a couple hour read if the book is good and has me captivated.....

sad.gif sadly i dont know how to read, i can only write stuff and post and look at pictures. maybe someday geddy rulz, you could teach me the wonders of reading so i may experiance your true brilliance as i too did not attend college. let me know if your willing to help me out. better yet dont bother cause if you write that you will help me out i wont be able to read it any way. sad.gif

WHY ! rage.gif DIDNT ANYONE TEACH ME TO READ ! fists crying.gif i want to read a book.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 15 2006, 09:40 AM)
sad.gif sadly i dont know how to read, i can only write stuff and post and look at pictures. maybe someday geddy rulz, you could teach me the wonders of reading so i may experiance your true brilliance as i too did not attend college. let me know if your willing to help me out. better yet dont bother cause if you write that you will help me out i wont be able to read it any way. sad.gif
WHY ! rage.gif DIDNT ANYONE TEACH ME TO READ ! fists crying.gif i want to read a book.

I thought you read minds?

wacko.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 15 2006, 06:27 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 15 2006, 06:14 AM)

sayin'?

my oldest daughters' dad was a very active member of the literacy volunteers of america....for many many years...

125 pages is a couple hour read if the book is good and has me captivated.....

I don't think I've read a book as short as 125 pages for decades...though I've got a couple lined up soon that are 150 and 160 pages...