One Of My Antics Immortalized

Riv

Sort of...

Page 284 of Neil's new book states:

"Carrie was watching from out in the house that night, enjoying the opportunity to see us in a smal theater (and only the second indoor show of the tour so far). She reported that someone from the balcony above spilled a drink on the video control board, and down on her and the people around her, and the situation nearly turned violent. Ah, New York."

Well, that is not quite what happened. This was the first Radio City show, and Yankeeheel (who is a member) and I were in the pit four rows back center. Carrie was the next row up about three seats to our right. Well, as is the norm I had a full beer in my hand, and when Red Barchetta came on Yankeeheel this guy got so excited he flailed his arms like a madman, and knocked the beer out of my hand creating a cloud of beer that completely drenched me, the guys in front of me, and unfortunately Carrie. My eyes stung so bad it took me a few seconds to realize what had happened. I can understand why she thought it came from above...he hit it that hard. Well, the guys in front of me got seriously pissed off and were starting some shit. So I started a little shit myself, because I, too, was pissed off....Do you have any idea what a beer costs in Radio City? laugh.gif

Anyways, it all got settled by the guy next to me. Imagine a mafia guy worthy of Sopranos. This guy and his two buddies were just that and settled the whole thing. it was actually quite amusing. Anyways, after the show I partied at like 3 different places with those mafia dudes, they were great.

Anyways, sorry Carrie. sad.gif

Hey, at least you made an impression!

Reminds me of the time a friend of mine and me ran into Henry Rollins in NYC once. We were very drunk, and my friend made a bit of an ass of himself harassing Rollins (In a good way like a fan, not a jerk). Rollins was cool and move on to the other fans there. the following year, he brought up the incident in his act, but not in a good way. He just ripped my friend apart for letting himself get that drunk in public and such. He was crushed.

QUOTE (furie @ Dec 4 2006, 06:14 AM)
Hey, at least you made an impression!

Reminds me of the time a friend of mine and me ran into Henry Rollins in NYC once. We were very drunk, and my friend made a bit of an ass of himself harassing Rollins (In a good way like a fan, not a jerk). Rollins was cool and move on to the other fans there. the following year, he brought up the incident in his act, but not in a good way. He just ripped my friend apart for letting himself get that drunk in public and such. He was crushed.

I've irritated Henry quite a few times myself! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 3 2006, 04:35 PM)
Sort of...

Page 284 of Neil's new book states:

"Carrie was watching from out in the house that night, enjoying the opportunity to see us in a smal theater (and only the second indoor show of the tour so far). She reported that someone from the balcony above spilled a drink on the video control board, and down on her and the people around her, and the situation nearly turned violent. Ah, New York."

Well, that is not quite what happened. This was the first Radio City show, and Yankeeheel (who is a member) and I were in the pit four rows back center. Carrie was the next row up about three seats to our right. Well, as is the norm I had a full beer in my hand, and when Red Barchetta came on Yankeeheel this guy got so excited he flailed his arms like a madman, and knocked the beer out of my hand creating a cloud of beer that completely drenched me, the guys in front of me, and unfortunately Carrie. My eyes stung so bad it took me a few seconds to realize what had happened. I can understand why she thought it came from above...he hit it that hard. Well, the guys in front of me got seriously pissed off and were starting some shit. So I started a little shit myself, because I, too, was pissed off....Do you have any idea what a beer costs in Radio City? laugh.gif

Anyways, it all got settled by the guy next to me. Imagine a mafia guy worthy of Sopranos. This guy and his two buddies were just that and settled the whole thing. it was actually quite amusing. Anyways, after the show I partied at like 3 different places with those mafia dudes, they were great.

Anyways, sorry Carrie. sad.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Archived