My top 140 Movie List

MrMiltonBanana

I agree with rushgoober's Woody Allen picks and would also include these also by Allen,

The Front

Zelig

Radio Days

Crimes and Misdemeanors

Sweet and Lowdown

Also what's the deal no Python?

You gotta have The Holy Grail and Life of Brian , both still hilarious after all these years! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 7 2006, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 7 2006, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 7 2006, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 7 2006, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 7 2006, 06:26 AM)
come on confused13.gif how could you say that the Austin Powers movies belong in the TOP 50 of all time???

they're two of the funniest comedies of all time (the first two). comedies can't qualify? confused13.gif

they're okay, there are plenty of funnier comedies than them though...it just seems to me that there are at least 50 films better than AP

Please do name some comedies funnier than the first two Austin Powers movies. If I haven't seen them, I'd like to. yes.gif

Dr Strangelove or: How I earned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

Little Miss Sunshine

A Fish Called Wanda

I've seen all of those, and they were all funny (some more so than others), but none of them did I enjoy as much as the first two Austin Powers. eh.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 7 2006, 11:52 PM)
I agree with rushgoober's Woody Allen picks and would also include these also by Allen,
The Front
Zelig
Radio Days
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Sweet and Lowdown
You gotta have The Holy Grail and Life of Brian , both still hilarious after all these years! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've seen every Woody Allen movie, at least up until the mid-90's, so I've seen all of those, but really the only movie of his that I'd probably stick in a top 100 that I didn't mention of his would be Love & Death which is my absolute favorite of his "early funny ones". Besides that, I think that Annie Hall, Manhattan and Hannah and Her Sisters are his true classics, although there are many, many great ones.

I'm not as crazy about Life of Brian as some are, but I agree about Holy Grail, that should be on my list. My list is incomplete because, well, it's just too hard to remember every move I've ever seen to put on the list, but Holy Grail should be on there too along with Love & Death. Also, The Emerald Forest, The Graduate and many others I haven't thought of yet...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 8 2006, 08:13 AM)
              The Front
              Zelig
              Radio Days
            Crimes and Misdemeanors
            Sweet and Lowdown

I've seen every Woody Allen movie, at least up until the mid-90's, so I've seen all of those, but really the only movie of his that I'd probably stick in a top 100 that I didn't mention of his would be Love & Death which is my absolute favorite of his "early funny ones". Besides that, I think that Annie Hall, Manhattan and Hannah and Her Sisters are his true classics, although there are many, many great ones.

I'm not as crazy about Life of Brian as some are, but I agree about Holy Grail, that should be on my list. My list is incomplete because, well, it's just too hard to remember every move I've ever seen to put on the list, but Holy Grail should be on there too along with Love & Death. Also, The Emerald Forest, The Graduate and many others I haven't thought of yet...

I guess you can say there MY personal favorites tongue.gif

Also like Midsummers Night's sex comedy and New York stories.

Love &Death up there as well. Haven't seen anything he's done lately last movie of his I watched at theater was Small Time Crooks. Had it's funny moments but overall just ok.

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 8 2006, 12:52 AM)
The Front
Zelig
Radio Days
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Sweet and Lowdown

I must be one of very few people who dislike Monty Python eh.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 8 2006, 01:41 PM)
              The Front
              Zelig
              Radio Days
            Crimes and Misdemeanors
            Sweet and Lowdown

Love &Death up there as well. Haven't seen anything he's done lately last movie of his I watched at theater was Small Time Crooks. Had it's funny moments but overall just ok.

I'm a big fan of Deconstructing Harry.

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 10 2006, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 8 2006, 01:41 PM)
              The Front
              Zelig
              Radio Days
            Crimes and Misdemeanors
            Sweet and Lowdown

I'm a big fan of Deconstructing Harry.

Great cast, Very funny most of movie but I felt it started to get dull near the end like Woody ran out of ideas how to bring it to a close.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 8 2006, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 7 2006, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 7 2006, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 7 2006, 06:26 AM)
come on confused13.gif how could you say that the Austin Powers movies belong in the TOP 50 of all time???

they're two of the funniest comedies of all time (the first two). comedies can't qualify? confused13.gif

they're okay, there are plenty of funnier comedies than them though...it just seems to me that there are at least 50 films better than AP

Please do name some comedies funnier than the first two Austin Powers movies. If I haven't seen them, I'd like to. yes.gif

I never could get into Austin Powers. I never thought Myers' was funny anyways. So there are heaps of flicks that I think are way funnier. I'm hard-pressed to think of ones funnier than these:

Animal House

Spinal Tap

The Party (with Peter Sellers)