Where is the love?

what went wrong?

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Oct 11 2006, 10:58 PM)
I don't often come to this board, but I need some advice. I have been dating a guy steadily for over a year. He is very quiet and reserved, but at times he finds the ability to say a few words. I don't normally mind this, but when I see every other boyfriend saying wonderfully nice, romantic things to their girlfriends, I become quite down in the dumps. A factor that certainly doesn't help is the my recent clinical diagnosis of chronic depression. Until this summer, I figured all my problems were just teenaged angst, but after more serious issues cropped up (self-abuse, among others) my mom put me through therapy. I've explained this to my boyfriend, as well as tried to hint that I'd like to say the nice things that I hear other guys say. Maybe I'm just envious, or maybe he's clueless; I don't know. But I'm wondering if it's still worth it to go out with him.

If anyone is brave enough to disentangle this mess of words and figure out what I'm asking (because I'm not exactly sure), I wish her the best of luck in trying to help. Thanks in advance; I am not worthy of the company of such wonderful people... notworthy.gif

i give piano lessons;; and to a lot of 16 year old girls;; a LOT of them in your shoes;; just the same..

you're only 16;; even though this all seems "real"..

i tell all my students;; "lust let it ride;; have fun;; someone will come and (sweep you off your feet someday);; there are a LOT if nice men/boys out there..

and guess what;; it ALWAYS happens;; someone came and wooed them off their feet and they are happy..

you're really too yound to think so serious;; but we all know you don't want to hear that;; so..

just take your time and have fun..

I'll try to have fun. I'll do the best I can... (ha, reference intended!) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Oct 21 2006, 11:55 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 14 2006, 07:23 PM)
there is a girl in my class at school that i think of every day, what does it mean?  unsure.gif am in love? scared.gif

It all depends on how you think of her. Do you wish you could be closer, or you think of her as just a girl?

be closer! heart.gif

QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 26 2006, 06:46 AM)
QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Oct 21 2006, 11:55 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 14 2006, 07:23 PM)
there is a girl in my class at school that i think of every day, what does it mean?  unsure.gif am in love? scared.gif

It all depends on how you think of her. Do you wish you could be closer, or you think of her as just a girl?

be closer! heart.gif

Well, even if you want to be closer to her, it may not be love yet. Infatuation isn't necessarily love, and if you only want her for certain "activities", then that's just lust...

tempted.gif

Thanks... I'm just glad that we've still remained friends, even though he thinks I'm crazy (which, technically, I may very well be)...

Thanks for the support... notworthy.gif

The last time I checked, I was a girl. Although no-one seems to believe me...

Archived