The weather thread

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 1 2009, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Dec 1 2009, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 1 2009, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Dec 1 2009, 06:46 PM)
40 degrees here too, but it doesn't feel like spring to me  eh.gif

Because you don't live in Alaska! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

No, thankfully I don't!!! laugh.gif

Your missing out on some awesome and beautiful country! biggrin.gif

I'm sure it is beautiful and I would love to visit Alaska some day, but I don't want to live there tongue.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Dec 1 2009, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 1 2009, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Dec 1 2009, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 1 2009, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Dec 1 2009, 06:46 PM)
40 degrees here too, but it doesn't feel like spring to me  eh.gif

Because you don't live in Alaska! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

No, thankfully I don't!!! laugh.gif

Your missing out on some awesome and beautiful country! biggrin.gif

I'm sure it is beautiful and I would love to visit Alaska some day, but I don't want to live there tongue.gif

laugh.gif Yeah, it can be tough on people. Hopefully you will get to see it some day! biggrin.gif

Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

....and did I mention it's raining?

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 2 2009, 02:14 PM)
Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

....and did I mention it's raining?

+1

46 degrees

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 2 2009, 11:07 AM)
We had a little snow this morning.

yes.gif Tomorrow may be a big mess with possible ice, more snow and lower temps than today. Was supposed to happen Friday, but they moved it up.

My kids'll be thrilled. 653.gif

Not typical, although certainly not unheard of, to have snow in Dec. in these parts. I can remember a couple of Christmases when we wore sandals!

Here's why I say that:

The greater Houston, Texas area was reporting snow with a temperature of 33 degrees that last time I checked. The Texas radar shows a large band of precipitation across much of southern and eastern Texas. Some snow accumulations may occur in the Houston area today. Snow will likely spread eastward across the Gulf coastal states late tody and tonight. The low will then track northeastward out of the Gulf of Mexico, spreading snow into the southern Appalachians and an cold rain across central SC.

Awesome. I'm going to be in the stadium in a cold rain. Lovely. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 4 2009, 07:27 AM)
Here's why I say that:

The greater Houston, Texas area was reporting snow with a temperature of 33 degrees that last time I checked. The Texas radar shows a large band of precipitation across much of southern and eastern Texas. Some snow accumulations may occur in the Houston area today. Snow will likely spread eastward across the Gulf coastal states late tody and tonight. The low will then track northeastward out of the Gulf of Mexico, spreading snow into the southern Appalachians and an cold rain across central SC.

Awesome.  I'm going to be in the stadium in a cold rain.  Lovely. sarcasm.gif

Dude, are you alway's this miserable? confused13.gif laugh.gif Just suck it up, put on some warm clothes and rain jacket. That's what football is all about. biggrin.gif

18 degrees and cloudy.

QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 4 2009, 09:42 PM)
Dude, are you alway's this miserable? confused13.gif laugh.gif Just suck it up, put on some warm clothes and rain jacket. That's what football is all about. biggrin.gif

18 degrees and cloudy.

As usual you missed the point.

Rain with 35-40 degree temps is the worst weather known to man. That water is very cold, soaks everything and goes straight to the bone.

I hate it.

What's worse is that IF it were 5 degrees colder, we would get SNOW, which is far more beautiful, and sadly more rare.

I've been in 70 below zero before, I'm not worried about the TEMPERATURE itself per se.

For this particular game in question, we actually only got a trace of rain, so that ended up being a good thing.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 7 2009, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Dec 4 2009, 09:42 PM)
Dude, are you alway's this miserable? confused13.gif  laugh.gif Just suck it up, put on some warm clothes and rain jacket. That's what football is all about. biggrin.gif

18 degrees and cloudy.

As usual you missed the point.

Rain with 35-40 degree temps is the worst weather known to man. That water is very cold, soaks everything and goes straight to the bone.

I hate it.

What's worse is that IF it were 5 degrees colder, we would get SNOW, which is far more beautiful, and sadly more rare.

I've been in 70 below zero before, I'm not worried about the TEMPERATURE itself per se.

For this particular game in question, we actually only got a trace of rain, so that ended up being a good thing.

So quit your belly aching! laugh.gif wink.gif

17 degrees and clear.