Heroes

Necromancer

I DVR'd Heroes and forgot I even had recorded it. I checked it out last nite before Smallville came on and I gotta tell ya'... I LIKED IT. yes.gif

It reminds me a lot of certain aspects of the early WildStorm comics. Stuff that prequelled books such as THE AUTHORITY. It also has a bit of X-men flavor to it. It seems to be having a very mature theme to the subject of super humans. I like it a lot. I hope it has success. yes.gif

Did anyone else see it?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited by GeddyRulz

I started watching it the first night it came on. It was great, but I kept falling asleep and I only saw half of it.

They had an encore presentation the next night. 15 minutes in we got an important phone call and that blew that one too. eh.gif

Anyway, it seems super cool and I look forward to watching it more... yes.gif

i was able to get tivo'd the pilot show off the USA network,

and then i have the next episode from the sci fi channel ready to go next!!!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 29 2006, 11:28 PM)
A young Japanese boy who can transcend time and space with teleportation

He's actually a late 20's/early 30's businessman. Just wanted to clear that up, because when I read that, you made him sound like he was 12 laugh.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Sep 30 2006, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 29 2006, 11:28 PM)
A young Japanese boy who can transcend time and space with teleportation

He's actually a late 20's/early 30's businessman. Just wanted to clear that up, because when I read that, you made him sound like he was 12 laugh.gif

He looks 12. laugh.gif But yeah... you're prolly right. He's a mid twenties star trek geek. yes.gif

Last nights episode was pretty mediocre, not including the last 10 minutes. I think the biggest flaw in this show is that they have too many characters to advance at once. There's times while watching when I forget who's a main character and not. I completely forgot about the artist until he was found dead.

I didn't like this weeks show.

I don't want to spoil it but what a lame way to end it.

It seemed to be going along pretty good then they introduced the cop and just it fell apart.

I will give it another couple weeks hopefully it gets better.

i just watched the encore episode on USA yesterday...

very interesting for a first epsode...

so, the girl who can't get hurt (yeah, and that one part where something was 'stuck' in her side, and the hand mangled from the garbage disposal...YUK!)...her dad was the guy who searched the now dead indian guy's dad, suresh......what's the twist there, did he involve the daughter in his world some how???

and the woman, Niki (Ali Larter)...whose reflection caused some serious damage to those thugs...i get what that radio show was talking about now....

and Greg Grunberg (i know him rom Alias)...didn't see him in the first epi....and Milo Ventimiglia (who i knwo from "Gilmore Girls")....i'll beinterested to see when he figures out how he can...if he can fly...

first epi definately intrigued me.....

i'll keep checking it out...

it's actually kind refreshing from all the dr./cops/law/csi shows i watch so much of....

kinda like the 4400...but on a much smaller scale...and kinda like LOST...cuz that's what i am with this show at the moment... is LOST!!!

This show hooked me immediately. And I'm so pissed because it's up against Monday Night Football. Don't care. This show is awesome.

i haven't watched monday's episode yet ...

i'm getting the episodes from the sci fi channel and i don't think it's recorded yet....

i hear thru the radio grapevine that it was good...

i am interested to see what develops with the police officer who found the little girl hiding underneath the stairs in that little closet...... i think that the investigater was way too quick to arrest him......

it's a very cool show that so far...and leaves me so curious about what's going to happen in the next episode......

It DOES have a bit too much going on in it, but being a comic reader, I can follow it easily. I can see where it's going so the things people are picking at about it aren't bothering me. Like when they showed the artist dead, I knew immediately that the kid went into the future. I think most of it will be based around that kid and the invulnerable girl. Seems like they'll all be united to save her from her father and whatever group he's working for. My guess is that it's the government and they want to make a race of super soldiers. Totally used concept, but not for tv I guess.

anyone watch it tonight? MAN. It was sweet. Next weeks show i think will be one of the best so far though.

I just watched this (last week's episode) last night...

i know it comes on NBC on Monday, i record off scifi on fridays....

the girl who can't get hurt...and she is on the autopsy table....chest open....alive after the tree branch comes out of her head?......http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/crap.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 17 2006, 09:26 AM)
I just watched this (last week's episode) last night...
i know it comes on NBC on Monday, i record off scifi on fridays....
the girl who can't get hurt...and she is on the autopsy table....chest open....alive after the tree branch comes out of her head?......http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/crap.gif

I thought that scene was awesome. Shows she's VERY indestructible. yes.gif As long as her brain isn't removed from her body, she can pretty much survive anything.

BUT... what she did at the end... I dunno if that classifies her as a hero now does it? They tried to make it seem as she had no options, but that doesn't fly for me. She could still have reported it to the authorities or since she is so into recording things, set the guy up for another rape. Taking his life just seemed very premature. yes.gif

I loved the future version of Hiro showing up in the train. That line... "i didn't recognize you without the scar" is a classic line out of an X-men comic. Also involving time travel. I was in hysterics. LOVED IT!!! yes.gif

I hope this show gets the time it needs to establish itself. I can see a lot of people who are not used to reading comics, or into large casts getting antsy. But I can also see people who are into show like LOST, totally getting the value of all the different intertwining plots. It's great and should definitely get the chance to prove itself. yes.gif