Most TV isn't worth watching these days

treeduck

These days most TV sucks as we know and it seems to me that the only thing holding the networks on both sides of the Atlantic together these days are a handful of good looking chicks that are sprinkled about just about forcing us to keep an interest. Whether it's a documentary, a Hollywood blockbuster, A wildlife show, a TV cop show, a soap, drama of super shite reality show, it seems to be that one good looking chick in the show, that they used to put in as viewer-guarantee insurance, that's the only worthwhile thing about the shows. What we are presented with these days ladies and gents is ECTV: Eye Candy TV...

While I agree with most of that statement, I think that "primetime tv" really has something to offer.

Every night of the week there is a quality show on at least one of the major networks. Most of the hot new shows are very well written, exciting and fresh. This is a huge change from years past, when there was only 1 or 2 nights of the week that offered a great show. Now it is every weekday night and I actually look forward to watching.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 29 2006, 10:35 AM)
While I agree with most of that statement, I think that "primetime tv" really has something to offer.
Every night of the week there is a quality show on at least one of the major networks. Most of the hot new shows are very well written, exciting and fresh.

Excuse me...did you actually say "exciting and fresh?" rofl3.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 29 2006, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 29 2006, 10:35 AM)
Every night of the week there is a quality show on at least one of the major networks. Most of the hot new shows are very well written, exciting and fresh.

Excuse me...did you actually say "exciting and fresh?" rofl3.gif

tongue.gif

Shut it !! laugh.gif I just woke up and my brain is in neutral..... wacko.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 29 2006, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Sep 29 2006, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Sep 29 2006, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 29 2006, 11:33 AM)
I hate primetime tv  062802puke_prv.gif  rofl3.gif  laugh.gif

Watch Men In Trees wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

He is in it yes.gif

No he isnt rofl3.gif

Are you sure about that unsure.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif

Ummm unsure.gif

no.gif

rofl3.gif

Honestly, I don't seem to recall TV being any better when I was younger. There's lots of crap and some good stuff. With cable, one can usually find SOMETHING to watch in prime time, and if not, re-runs of Sex in the City, Friends, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Will & Grace and a bunch of others can keep me satisfied.

I'm one of those (don't kill me) people who LIKE some reality television, so I can often find stuff to watch prime time on major networks during the regular season (summertime is another matter). I don't like all reality TV shows, but there's a good few I enjoy...

QUOTE (Daylin @ Sep 29 2006, 10:07 AM)

I watched it last night. It's a new "Northern Exposure", which was one of my favorite alltime shows!

I enjoyed it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 30 2006, 11:03 AM)

I watched it last night. It's a new "Northern Exposure", which was one of my favorite alltime shows!

Its a good little show

I was all excited to see a show filmed in Alaska

Too bad its filmed in Vancouver laugh.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 30 2006, 10:03 AM)

launch, I always watched Northern Exposure smile.gif

I also thought of that show when I watched this.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Sep 30 2006, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 30 2006, 11:03 AM)

Its a good little show

I was all excited to see a show filmed in Alaska

Too bad its filmed in Vancouver laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Yep just like Northern Exposure was filmed else where. BTW... I missed this show the other night unsure.gif laugh.gif

As far as i care t.v over here in england is ...crap , same old programs , same stupid format , i hardly watch t.v , apart from a good film otherwise i will go out and rent a film and watch that.

The only bit of t.v i watch is a bit of news and some music channel stuff but thats about it . i use my p.c more than anything

Edited by Natural Rush

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 28 2006, 06:39 PM)
These days most TV sucks as we know and it seems to me that the only thing holding the networks on both sides of the Atlantic together these days are a handful of good looking chicks that are sprinkled about just about forcing us to keep an interest. Whether it's a documentary, a Hollywood blockbuster, A wildlife show, a TV cop show, a soap, drama of super shite reality show, it seems to be that one good looking chick in the show, that they used to put in as viewer-guarantee insurance, that's the only worthwhile thing about the shows. What we are presented with these days ladies and gents is ECTV: Eye Candy TV...

No I have to totally agree with you 100% there man. No argument from me on that here. I used to watch 13 hours of Tv a day back in the 70's, 80's and 90's and now I only watch 4-5 hours a week because of all the crap that's on it now. unsure.gif

Law & Order is the only current show I actually thoroughly enjoy watching - mentally and emotionally...probably because it's been around for so long. It's actually retained some of the "old TV ethic."

I stopped watching it because I got tired of all the cast changes every year. One person joins, another person leaves. No stable cast like in the 90's was. unsure.gif