Garcia Marquez

goose

Anybody out there read any of Garbriel Garcia Marquez's work? I'm a big fan and read several of his works multiple times. he has an amazing ability to develop charcters, and to paint pictures with words.

As big a reader as I am, I've never read any of his stuff. I've considered it, though.

I've always heard good things about "Love in the Time of Cholera."

yup.... i have read Love in the Time of Cholera. which i decided to pick it up because of the Million liitle pieces author...

and then, i liked it so much, i picked up another...Living to tell the tale....which i haven't read yet....

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 27 2006, 05:49 AM)
As big a reader as I am, I've never read any of his stuff. I've considered it, though.

I've always heard good things about "Love in the Time of Cholera."

Love in the Time of Cholera would be a great place to start, to get a feel for his style. His magnum opus, 100 Years of Solitude, can be a bit much to digest, due to its length. Both have great imagery.

I just bought a used copy of "100 Years of Solitude." I think any problems with reading it will stem from issue of so many similarly named characters.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 2 2006, 04:58 AM)
I just bought a used copy of "100 Years of Solitude." I think any problems with reading it will stem from issue of so many similarly named characters.

The copy I have has a little family tree in the front, which helps to keep track. The characters are all clearly identifiable by their behaviors, but the men can be a blur when taken by name alone.

The last time I read it I was in hawaii. I think it helps to be someplace steamy - to set the mood. Maybe lock yourself in the bathroom and turn the shower way up...