daveyt

will you see this film?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. will you see this film?

• yes
    • no
    • i'll think about it

QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 27 2006, 10:05 AM)
Even without his anti-semitic rant I would not of seen this. Never cared for him or his work at all.

Some of his earliest movies really demonstrate what a good actor he is. I'm thinking right now of The Year of Living Dangerously and The Bounty. Both really amazing movies and great performances by Gibson. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 27 2006, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 27 2006, 10:05 AM)
Even without his anti-semitic rant I would not of seen this. Never cared for him or his work at all.

Some of his earliest movies really demonstrate what a good actor he is. I'm thinking right now of The Year of Living Dangerously and The Bounty. Both really amazing movies and great performances by Gibson. yes.gif

I am probably the worlds worst movie critic. I am not really saying he's a poor actor or anything like that. I guess I lean mostly towards comedy and stay from from anything violent or gruesome.

That said, I just don't have the attention span to watch many movies. The last movie I saw in a theater was the Spongebob Squarepants movie with my son.

I do want to see Borat though.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 25 2006, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Sep 25 2006, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 25 2006, 06:51 PM)
I refuse to have anything to do with Mel Gibson ever again.

I'm with you there.

Me three! trink39.gif

Aww c'mon you guys!

Give ole' Mel a break. Yes he spouted off in a drunken stupor. Yes we should abhor that type of behavior. No we shouldn't forget what he did.

It's time to forgive him and move on. I'm sure if Gibson was a true racist/anti-semite, he probably would not be working in Hollywood. If the movie gets critical reviews and everyone raves about it, then by all means SEE IT! If it gets panned and everyone thinks it sucks, then don't see it.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 25 2006, 03:27 PM)
As the foundation of the Mayan civilization begins to crumble, one man's previously idyllic existence is forever changed when he is chosen as the sacrifice needed to appease the gods in director Mel Gibson's mythic, end-times adventure. The Mayan kingdom is at the absolute height of opulence and power, but leaders are convinced that unless more temples are constructed and more human sacrifices made, the crops, and ultimately the people, will suffer. When Jaguar Paw (Rudy Youngblood) is chosen as the sacrifice that the gods have demanded, he rails against his grim fate by attempting to navigate a horrific new world of fear and oppression. Now determined to save his family and escape a harrowing fate, Jaguar Paw is about to risk everything in his desperate attempt to preserve his dying way of life.

~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

I definitely would see Mel Gibson's new movie. I've been a fan of his since "Lethal Weapon". I just love his movies. They are so well made. I haven't seen one yet that hasn't been a disaster. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Nov 28 2006, 09:18 PM)
As the foundation of the Mayan civilization begins to crumble, one man's previously idyllic existence is forever changed when he is chosen as the sacrifice needed to appease the gods in director Mel Gibson's mythic, end-times adventure. The Mayan kingdom is at the absolute height of opulence and power, but leaders are convinced that unless more temples are constructed and more human sacrifices made, the crops, and ultimately the people, will suffer. When Jaguar Paw (Rudy Youngblood) is chosen as the sacrifice that the gods have demanded, he rails against his grim fate by attempting to navigate a horrific new world of fear and oppression. Now determined to save his family and escape a harrowing fate, Jaguar Paw is about to risk everything in his desperate attempt to preserve his dying way of life.

I definitely would see Mel Gibson's new movie. I've been a fan of his since "Lethal Weapon". I just love his movies. They are so well made. I haven't seen one yet that hasn't been a disaster. unsure.gif

You've obviously never seen 'Bird On A Wire'.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 28 2006, 05:29 PM)

I thought it was cute and funny unsure.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 28 2006, 06:29 PM)

Yes actually. I enjoyed it very much. He and Goldie Hawn did quite well together. unsure.gif

I probably won't see it because of timing. Until this very moment, I hadn't even realised it was based on the Mayas. I'll be curious to see what the Mayas and scholars think about it.