Sacrifice a virgin

Arndrake

I'm not usually given to great outbursts of happiness, but I am quite pleased with what I accomplished today.

For close to two years, I have been working for a company that makes cabling primarily for aircraft systems. The workcenter I have been with makes most of the cables used to connect the in flight entertainment systems in planes today. When I first started with the company in November of '04, I was hired as an assembler. August of last year, I was able to get assigned to electrical testing the cables. Recently, I applied for a position as a quality assurance inspector in the QA department, which would be doing both test and inspection of other cabling besides the entertainment systems. Today I interviewed for the job and landed it.

I think I succeeded in blowing the QA manager away with my expertise and my capability to interpret the engineering drawings and determine the instructions listed. After getting near the end of the interview, she basicly said, 'screw it, I'm gonna hire you here and now.' No further review, no getting back to me later. And I get a nice little pay raise with it, about $1.15 more than I am currently making. $12.50 with .35 shift differential (swing shift).

Currently, since I am one of only two people trained to do testing on the swing shift production floor, I may be a little delayed going completely to QA. But Chase said she would try to get my start date and upgraded pay set as soon as possible.

Man, I was so stoked coming out of that interview, even though I couldn't actually tell anyone she hired me yet. She still has to inform the production manager and work out the details of transferring me over. But I am thrilled.

K!!! That is so awesome!!!! applaudit.gif 653.gif I am so happy for you, and very proud that you probably had to really come out of your shell to do this!!!! You rock man!!!!! 1022.gif

And, yes, I am still wanting to get up that direction to visit you and my father unit, but just time is crunchin me badly with my new job... sad.gif

Would be great to see ya!!!! cool.gif

Thank you, thank you!

I got the official start date today, which will be this Tuesday, September 5. The plan is to have me continue testing, but also to work part of the new job. This will probably continue until production can train a new tester.

And Chase also discussed it with all the pertinent managers, making it official. So I could share my good news with some of the coworkers. Except for my new wage.

There could be some more opportunities in the near future. Such as a test technician position I have already applied for. And possible grooming for a QA team leader position as well. Maybe even a move into engineering.

Congrats!! Good luck with the new position. trink39.gif

Archived