F. Y. I.

earthshine21122

For the past few months I have been using a wireless hp notebook/laptop while my pc is being repaired.

During this time I have been experiencing unusual problems. For example: posts that have been comfirmed as being sent are no where to be found. Or, posts being partially sent. (3 sentences out of 4 paragraphs)

Since I have no clue to what is causing these problems or how to correct them. I am appologizing in advanced.

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ Aug 26 2006, 04:50 AM)
For the past few months I have been using a wireless hp notebook/laptop while my pc is being repaired.

During this time I have been experiencing unusual problems. For example: posts that have been comfirmed as being sent are no where to be found. Or, posts being partially sent. (3 sentences out of 4 paragraphs)

Are you saying that you're typing up posts that are 4 paragraphs long, hitting the Add Reply button, and when the post appears it's only 3 sentences? Because if that's what you're saying, you're wrong. That is impossible. Either the post appears or it doesn't. Partial posts don't happen.

And what do you mean when a post is "confirmed?" If you see the post on the board after you enter it, it's confirmed. It doesn't just disappear.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 26 2006, 09:41 AM)

During this time I have been experiencing unusual problems.  For example:  posts that have been comfirmed as being sent are no where to be found.  Or, posts being partially sent. (3 sentences out of 4 paragraphs)

Are you saying that you're typing up posts that are 4 paragraphs long, hitting the Add Reply button, and when the post appears it's only 3 sentences? Because if that's what you're saying, you're wrong. That is impossible. Either the post appears or it doesn't. Partial posts don't happen.

And what do you mean when a post is "confirmed?" If you see the post on the board after you enter it, it's confirmed. It doesn't just disappear.

Some of us see a little window that says "thanks, your post has been added"

That's what i thought was meant by confirmation.

During this time I have been experiencing unusual problems.  For example:  posts that have been comfirmed as being sent are no where to be found.  Or, posts being partially sent. (3 sentences out of 4 paragraphs)

Please don't get me wrong. Im not accusing the TRF site of being faulty.

I believe the problems are on my end.

It is possible for information to be lost during transmission. How can I be wrong when it actually happened. I'm not making this up.

I also had problems accessing the sense o'clock forum. You can check with RushRevisited about that.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 27 2006, 09:21 AM)
Why is this in politics instead of Reverse Polarity? Moving...

Maybe because poticians have claimed some of their votes have dissappeared after being cast and therefore...

-oh nevermind.

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (furie @ Aug 27 2006, 07:15 PM)
how is this news?

for the record, i'm not trying to be a dick; much.
i just like things neat and where they belong. it's a disease.

I have no idea what you are talking about?? wacko.gif

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ Aug 26 2006, 11:34 AM)

Please don't get me wrong. Im not accusing the TRF site of being faulty.

I believe the problems are on my end.

It is possible for information to be lost during transmission. How can I be wrong when it actually happened. I'm not making this up.

If something like that happened to me, I would just assume it was because I was posting again while drunk as shit wink.gif

Archived