Your Favorite

2hi

I don't partake of the Wacky Tobacky anymore, but when I did, I liked going to the Midnight Madness showing of Pink Floyd: The Wall.

Maybe I'm too much of a "thinking person," even when stoned (especially when stoned), to get into Cheech & Chong movies and other toke-fest fare. The wife and I rented Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle and neither of us could appreciate it. I guess you have to be a toker - and a certain kind of toker - to enjoy it. (Even if I still smoked, I don't think I'd like these movies.)

Half-Baked, on the other hand, was at least half-good... more than I can say about many of the others. The best part was Bob Saget's cameo as the middle-aged cocaine addict at the Narc-Anon meeting. His line was "Marijuana is not an addiction; I used to suck d--k for coke." LOL! It was so unexpected from Saget, who was perceived as the goody-goody dad from "Full House."

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 8 2006, 04:04 AM)
The wife and I rented Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle and neither of us could appreciate it. I guess you have to be a toker - and a certain kind of toker - to enjoy it. (Even if I still smoked, I don't think I'd like these movies.)

I haven't smoked in almost 20 years, and my wife never has, and we both thought Harold & Kumar was hilarious. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 8 2006, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 8 2006, 04:04 AM)
The wife and I rented Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle and neither of us could appreciate it.  I guess you have to be a toker - and a certain kind of toker - to enjoy it.  (Even if I still smoked, I don't think I'd like these movies.)

I haven't smoked in almost 20 years, and my wife never has, and we both thought Harold & Kumar was hilarious. tongue.gif

I appreciated it both on and off.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 8 2006, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 7 2006, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 7 2006, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 6 2006, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 7 2006, 08:18 AM)
I don't think there was a time in 1998 when I was wasn't stoned.
My history teacher called me "Captain America" one time. I still don't get it.

Maybe it was a reference to Fonda in EASY RIDER . His character in that flick has sometimes been referred to as Captain America. That's the only drug related movie that I can think of with any connection to Cap. confused13.gif

Hmm, maybe you've solved the mystery! laugh.gif

I'm still betting it's one of those things old people say that just doesn't make sense though.

No... that's what it is all about. Fonda's bike was painted red, white and blue. He gets called Captain America in the movie. It's been a biker reference ever since. Mystery is solved. yes.gif

Hahaha well damn!

and I always thought he was crazy. I've never seen Easy Rider.

Rent it. Then you'll realize that your teacher wasn't crazy. Actually, in his own way, he was probably paying you a compliment.