Song burnout

Slime

Ever INTENTIONALLY listen to a song so much that you found yourself hating it or just being tired of it?

I've done this to Metallica's cover of "Whiskey in the Jar" this way. It isn't cool for me anymore. Oh well. I'm sure it'll happen with other songs.

Nope, never done that.

Well..I never really get Burnt out on my music. I mean..not to the point where I HATE IT! People keep saying DSOTM and The Wall..but it's like..if u burn youself out on music the you enjoy..to the point that you hate that band or song, you must be a terrible music listener.

I couldn't imagine listening to stuff, to the point where i hate it.

QUOTE (2112Zoso @ Jun 12 2006, 08:40 PM)
Well..I never really get Burnt out on my music. I mean..not to the point where I HATE IT! People keep saying DSOTM and The Wall..but it's like..if u burn youself out on music the you enjoy..to the point that you hate that band or song, you must be a terrible music listener.

I couldn't imagine listening to stuff, to the point where i hate it.

Studio versions of some albums I seldomly listen to after acquiring live versions and bootlegs and love things better live, like me, then you would rather listen to live versions like me.

For instance, I listen to Is There Anybody Out There The Wall Live or The Wall at Nassau Coliseum 1980 more often than The Wall original version as Pink Floyd were a great live band. Also, David Gilmour and Rick Wright get to stretch out in ways that were not there on the studio album(especially on Another Brick in the Wall(pts 1 which had a longer keyboard solo and 2 where David Gilmour did his solo then Snowy White did a guitar solo and lastly Rick Wright did a killer organ solo), Mother(the intro was longer, the guitar solo was longer live so David Gilmour could stretch out and the ending was longer), Goodbye Blue Sky(excellent Rick Wright Hammond Organ solo), Young Lust(superb Rick Wright organ solo after DG's guitar solo), The Last Few Bricks, Hey You(longer middle guitar solo), Comfortably Numb(I love the long ending solo), The Show Must Go On(had an extra verse not on studio version), Run Like Hell(with classic extended intro and song was extended)).

Dark Side, I listen moreso to a ROIO I have called Supine In The Sunshine, Earls Court, London, May 19, 1973(2 disc set) which has a superb rendition of the album(On the Run was different to the studio version, Great Gig had a different woman singing who didn't scream at all which got annoying rather quick, Any Colour You Like had four minutes of extended jamming and I just liked it live) and the PULSE album version of DSotM from the 1994 tour was amazing(I was at the tour but they played half of the album when I saw them).

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jun 12 2006, 09:25 PM)
Dark Side, I listen moreso to a ROIO I have called Supine In The Sunshine, Earls Court, London, May 19, 1973(2 disc set)

Speaking of which, let me know when you send that out to me. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 13 2006, 12:27 AM)
Dark Side, I listen moreso to a ROIO I have called Supine In The Sunshine, Earls Court, London, May 19, 1973(2 disc set)

Speaking of which, let me know when you send that out to me. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

I am getting some more blank CDs this week and will get out as soon as I can. Thanks for Exit Stage Right, kicks ass! TWO THUMBS UP!

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jun 12 2006, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 13 2006, 12:27 AM)

I am getting some more blank CDs this week and will get out as soon as I can. Thanks for Exit Stage Right, kicks ass! TWO THUMBS UP!

Glad you're enjoying it.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2006, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Jun 12 2006, 11:07 PM)
The first thing that comes to my mind would be Stairway to Heaven. Wouldn't listen to it even if you paid me.

Everyone has a price. wink.gif

Well... let's talk about it! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Jun 13 2006, 04:29 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2006, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Jun 12 2006, 11:07 PM)
The first thing that comes to my mind would be Stairway to Heaven. Wouldn't listen to it even if you paid me.

Everyone has a price. wink.gif

Well... let's talk about it! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Archived