LakesideMaiden and The John Penny Band

So it was suggested to me by RushRevisited, that since I had to remove it from my sig, that I should post a link to it here blush4.gif So here it is....

Beware: Those who do not like Country Music - I mean REALLY don't like country music, don't click. But if you love me, and you wanna hear me sing, feel free to click on it wub.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (2 Soups @ Jun 12 2006, 03:44 AM)
You go girl!!!!!
Awesome new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

blush4.gif Thanks!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 12 2006, 03:39 AM)
wub.gif

wub.gif back atcha baby heart.gif kishug.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 12 2006, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 12 2006, 03:39 AM)
wub.gif

wub.gif back atcha baby heart.gif kishug.gif

tongue.gif wub.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jun 13 2006, 11:08 AM)
I love ya..and want to hear you sing MORE yes.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Well Done!

Awww wub.gif Thanks! If I can do it I'll upload more tracks, but they are generally all the same songs - John doesn't like to learn new material for me sad.gif

You've got a great voice LSM & I am not a country fan. I usually avoid it at all costs, but I wanted to listen & support a fellow RUSH fan. There is a song on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, If Love is a Red Dress, your voice sort of reminds me of hers.

applaudit.gif Keep on singin'. applaudit.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jun 13 2006, 01:38 PM)
You've got a great voice LSM & I am not a country fan. I usually avoid it at all costs, but I wanted to listen & support a fellow RUSH fan. There is a song on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, If Love is a Red Dress, your voice sort of reminds me of hers.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Aww!! Thanks DM! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I've never heard the song...I'll have to check it out... smile.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 13 2006, 01:48 PM)
Wow this is hot!!

blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif

She can sing other styles....(comariahcareyugh)

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 14 2006, 12:35 AM)
She can sing other styles....(comariahcareyugh)

used to. longggg time ago for that one. smoking does that to a singing voice sad.gif (bad lsm, bad!) I haven't been able to sing like Mariah Carey in years, and honestly have since stopped listening to that kinda of music all together (that was a phase I went thru when I was in dance class lol)

I sing primarily country and bluegrass (love the harmony) but I also sing blues, jazz, and prog rock/rock too. I love Rush, Zeppelin and Heart. I was blessed to be raised in a family of musicians, and was brought up on various genres of music smile.gif

Hey you kick butt and you're singing country songs when country was actually good. You got a good Patsy Cline thing going there. Just curious, ever heard of Maria McKee? She was the singer for Lone Justice in the 80s. Now she's solo. Probably the best singer who never really made it. Just asking because she could go from early country to rocking on a dime.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jun 13 2006, 10:38 AM)
There is a song on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, If Love is a Red Dress, your voice sort of reminds me of hers.

QUOTE (Three Eyes @ Jun 14 2006, 12:35 AM)
Just curious, ever heard of Maria McKee? She was the singer for Lone Justice in the 80s. Now she's solo. Probably the best singer who never really made it. Just asking because she could go from early country to rocking on a dime.

That is the singer I was talking about in my post.

QUOTE (Three Eyes @ Jun 14 2006, 03:35 AM)
Hey you kick butt and you're singing country songs when country was actually good. You got a good Patsy Cline thing going there. Just curious, ever heard of Maria McKee? She was the singer for Lone Justice in the 80s. Now she's solo. Probably the best singer who never really made it. Just asking because she could go from early country to rocking on a dime.

Thanks Three Eyes! blush4.gif Yeah, I love 60-80's country. Thats primarily what I perform - I do like some of the new country, but not a helluva lot of it. I've never heard of her, honestly, but that doesn't mean I won't give her a listen smile.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jun 14 2006, 11:58 AM)
There is a song on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, If Love is a Red Dress, your voice sort of reminds me of hers.

Just curious, ever heard of Maria McKee? She was the singer for Lone Justice in the 80s. Now she's solo. Probably the best singer who never really made it. Just asking because she could go from early country to rocking on a dime.

Ahhh! It all clicks now... yes.gif Thanks!

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Ye I totally agree...does sound like Maria McKee

LSM, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send u the song if you want smile.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 14 2006, 01:28 PM)
You've got a great voice LSM & I am not a country fan.  I usually avoid it at all costs, but I wanted to listen & support a fellow RUSH fan. There is a song on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, If Love is a Red Dress, your voice sort of reminds me of hers.

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Ye I totally agree...does sound like Maria McKee

LSM, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send u the song if you want smile.gif

Alright! Thanks!! *sending PM now...*

I kinda see it in the style and (as Der Trommler said) the tambre of her voice is similar to mine....

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 14 2006, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (Three Eyes @ Jun 14 2006, 03:35 AM)

Thanks Three Eyes! blush4.gif Yeah, I love 60-80's country. Thats primarily what I perform - I do like some of the new country, but not a helluva lot of it. I've never heard of her, honestly, but that doesn't mean I won't give her a listen smile.gif

Well that's just me being a music snob again. I'm sure there's some good new country out there. Keep up the great work. trink39.gif

Maria Mckee is one of your more eclectic artists. In her career, she's gone from early country styles to classic rock to Nawlin's blues and folk rock and has even done some very avant-garde artsy stuff. Her manager must be pulling his hair out. doh.gif

Edited by Three Eyes

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jun 14 2006, 10:58 AM)

Excellent! Never knew she made the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 14 2006, 02:30 PM)
I kinda see it in the style and (as Der Trommler said) the tambre of her voice is similar to mine....

Yes...there is a tinge of the Timbre from LSM's that I could hear....