The Red Sox

Der Trommler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was geting sick of all the "ooohhs and ahhhs" from pedro. DUDE3; THE SOX ARE UR ENEMY! you need to walk into their clubhousewith your uniform on again and talk shit instead of being their bitch!!!!!!

Four runs in the first?? Pedro hasnt melted down like that since the Zimmerman fight!! Thought for sure we were looking at two nights of 1-0 and 2-1 games. Randolph is going to be hard pressed to put that kid back in LF for game 3. Seemed like he was starting to pull it together towards the end of tonights game but you cant cost your team 4 runs at his age. He makes that catch in the first and its only 2-0 and that I think Pedro could have worked with.

Watched most of the game at the local tavern owned by a HUGE Mets fan. I suggested to his bartender (Sox fan) that she rearrange the baseball caps hanging above the bar so that the Sox cap is covering the mets cap!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 28 2006, 11:33 PM)
I was geting sick of all the "ooohhs and ahhhs" from pedro. DUDE3; THE SOX ARE UR ENEMY! you need to walk into their clubhousewith your uniform on again and talk shit instead of being their bitch!!!!!!

as soon as I saw Pedro's press conference prior to tuesday night's game, I knew he wasn't going to have a good game. comments like "they are my family" "it's hard to harm your family" etc made it pretty clear he didn't have his head in the game- I don't care if the other team is made up entirely of your actualy family, you go in to the game with the idea that they are your enemy- not lauding them and praising them and calling them "family". Pedro set himself up for the loss tonight, and the Sox teed off on him The fans gave their welcome back tuesday, the Sox bats gave Pedro their own version of a warm welcome back tonight......

trink38.gif Coco Crisp just reminded the entire Nation why we shouldnt be too upset Damon is wearing pinstripes. This HAS to make WebGems for sure!!! He just stole a huge hit in the top of the eigth with a man on first, 3-2 Boston and 2 outs to end the inning. It looked like a gapper for sure. He extends, leaves his feet and MAKES THE CATCH!!!!!!!!!

I'm going back and voting again for Crisp in the MVP ballot!!!

AND while I'm typing this Papi goes to deep center with a solo HR-->4-2 Boston!!!!!

trink38.gif 653.gif trink38.gif

I saw a TV in the distance at dinner tonight that showed the Red Sox game. I noticed that Papi tagged up from second to third on a long fly out, and he ran full bore, diving head first into third ahead of the throw. That was fun to watch.

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 29 2006, 09:49 PM)
trink38.gif Coco Crisp just reminded the entire Nation why we shouldnt be too upset Damon is wearing pinstripes. This HAS to make WebGems for sure!!! He just stole a huge hit in the top of the eigth with a man on first, 3-2 Boston and 2 outs to end the inning. It looked like a gapper for sure. He extends, leaves his feet and MAKES THE CATCH!!!!!!!!!

AND while I'm typing this Papi goes to deep center with a solo HR-->4-2 Boston!!!!!

trink38.gif 653.gif trink38.gif

how good was that game? seriously? Glavine was great through 5, Schilling was his ussual brilliant self for 7, Paplebon did his thing (broke the Sox team record for saves by a rookie, held by the Monster Dick Raditz)...then Loretta and Ortiz have homers, you have some great base running, some small ball played beautifully by Crisp, Gonzalez and Youkilis (bunt single, stolen base, sac bunt, and a sac fly to go ahead)......and the Sox just tied the Major League record for most consectutive games played without commiting an error......brilliant

Bring on the Marlins

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 29 2006, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 29 2006, 09:49 PM)

trink38.gif  653.gif  trink38.gif

how good was that game? seriously? Glavine was great through 5, Schilling was his ussual brilliant self for 7, Paplebon did his thing (broke the Sox team record for saves by a rookie, held by the Monster Dick Raditz)...then Loretta and Ortiz have homers, you have some great base running, some small ball played beautifully by Crisp, Gonzalez and Youkilis (bunt single, stolen base, sac bunt, and a sac fly to go ahead)......and the Sox just tied the Major League record for most consectutive games played without commiting an error......brilliant

Bring on the Marlins

Tivo automatically recorded it and I am giving serious thought to not deleting it!! It was just a great game all around pitching, offense, defense..

Dont get more than a couple of those a year. Felt like an ALCS or WS kinda game.

And the Sox won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, they loe, but they set the record for most consecutive games without an error.....

anyone else notice, that along with playing the NL East, the winning streak coincided with the fact that the Sox went to a 4-man rotation for a bit? and then tonight they went back to the 5-man, and lose......moral of the story? don't fix it if it's not broken

Yeah that was quite the sad display of pitching those first couple of innings. But considering the guy hasnt thrown in a game for about 10 days, there was bound to be some rust. He's playing on a much bigger stage now with a first place team with some pitching struggles. Theres a good deal of pressure. He's pitching to a new catcher for the first time. The Marlins are a surging team right now. We had to lose a game sooner or later. By all rights we should have won that game, but these things happen.

I think Johnson did a half decent job after those first couple of innings. Beckett and Schilling he is not but could Clement have done any better?? Hell even Tavarez and Seanez didnt allow any runs...who saw that coming???

And the bullpen held things together. the offense just wasnt there for us last night. Ortiz given a day off till the ninth, Crisp back at the top of the order, no DH...not the best set up for a win IMHO. Oh well, tonight we start a new streak!!!

Yeah this has been a sad and pathetic display in Tampa. Game 1 vs Kazmir was not unexpected, he just flat out outpitched us even against Beckett. TB's line up aint the lineup of the first couple of series.

What is going on?? Let down from the great interleague play?? The worst of the AL east better than the best of the NL east?? All Star fatigue setting in?? Overconfidence because of TB's record?? Maybe a little of each.

Yeah, I'm done with Johnson. Take him, Tavarez, and Seanez, swap em for a beer and a couple of hot dogs, bring back Pauley and give these young guys a chance to succeed like Pap. I think we saw Pap's influence on Hansen last night.

What do you all think of this??

Starter through 5 (or more..)

Hansen 6&7

Timlin 8

Paplebon 9

Obviously not an everyday situation but as a basic formula to start from. Cripe get Cora some mound time. he cant suck much worse than Tavarez!!! Everyone always talking about his potential as an everyday player....

while I really do like your set-up for the 'pen, I think it would out all three of their arms by the end of the season (and let's not forget, it's the WS that's the ultimate goal, not winning a record number of games). I think you need to work Del Carmen into that group, as well as Foulke when and if he comes back (before the injury he was back to his 2004 form).

I think you are completely right about why it's happening though, over confidence against Tampa Bay and pre-All Star fatigue. Hopefully they win tonight to not get swept (Wakefield always kills Tampa Bay), and then they can win the last coule before the break

Also, love your suggested trade of Tavarez, Johnson and Seanez....but do you think anyone wouldactually give the Sox a beer and hotdog for them?

i want pauley back too. something about him- i got faith in his near future. can't put my finger on it tho.

about the game a few nites ago- i forgot the player's name (he has a rep for stolen bases) who stole home? DAYUM!!!!!!! he was on the opposing team, but if i was on the field, i would've had to high-five him. that was excellent, and made me laugh my ass off!!! (sorry redsox, u know i love u but i have a sense of humor too)

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jul 6 2006, 12:06 PM)
he cant suck much worse than Tavarez!!!

i say try to keep tavarez in case you need a spark this season yes.gif

people will freak when TITO brings in TAVAREZ' ass

to hit someone

and then he'll strike some mofo out

like LOWE vs OAKLAND

yes.gif