The Red Sox

Der Trommler

QUOTE (asp324 @ Dec 5 2008, 03:27 PM)
Tazawa! yes.gif

I will see him before all of you! He will be pitching 20 minutes away from me in April. tongue.gif

The Red Sox have broken the MLB's gentleman's agreement with NPB! I present to you the new Evil Empire - The Boston Red Sox!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (asp324 @ Dec 5 2008, 04:56 PM)
You know why the Red Sox aren't the new Yankees?

Because the Yankees suck.

Oh, they'll never be the "new Yankees". The new Evil Empire, yes!

The Yankees suck right now because Brian Cashman is the worst GM ever!

Aren't the Yankees being investigated by the Feds, for lying about the value of the land they are building the new stadium on. And the last time I checked, none of the Sox owners were convicted felons. laugh.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 5 2008, 05:11 PM)
Aren't the Yankees being investigated by the Feds, for lying about the value of the land they are building the new stadium on. And the last time I checked, none of the Sox owners were convicted felons. laugh.gif

Land deals like that happen all the time. It's no excuse, but the Yankees are no worse than a million others. If the Red Sox ever build another stadium we'll see how that works out!

And, believe me, as a Yankee fan I'm no defender of the Steinbrenner's!

QUOTE (asp324 @ Dec 5 2008, 05:56 PM)
You know why the Red Sox aren't the new Yankees?

Because the Yankees suck.

yes.gif goodpost.gif Sounds like someone is a little jealous. BTW-Yankees bankroll is about the same as the BoSox. There is a salary cap, you know. The true Evil Empire was doing this before the salary cap. Just letting you know....wink.gif

QUOTE (asp324 @ Dec 10 2008, 08:11 PM)
Der Trom you feeling optimistic about Teixeira?

yes.gif The Sox are in the lead for him. No word as of yet but I believe the Sox will be one of two teams. I don't believe the Yankees are in the fold on this one anymore with word of Sabathia signing with them very shortly.

What is the deal with the new logo? I don't have time to look it up, but after seeing it on ESPNEWS, all I can say is...... WTF?

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 12 2008, 06:31 AM)
What is the deal with the new logo? I don't have time to look it up, but after seeing it on ESPNEWS, all I can say is...... WTF?

New logo? For the Sox?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3763838

Ahhh. Um, thumbs down from here. Im a purist - I loved it when the Phils went back to the older style, and I dont think Boston or the Yanks should be allowed by law to change their uniforms. smile.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 12 2008, 07:31 AM)

The logo really hasn't changed much, honestly. They have a new third jersey that is replacing the old road jerseys. They have three logos.

The hanging Sox (inside the logo you know with the baseball) has been the official logo since 1931. It was placed inside the logo we know the Sox to use.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....t=.jsp&c_id=bos

I think it's absolutely fine. Since, the logo has always been the official logo, there really isn't any harm by it. I think it makes more sense.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 12 2008, 11:41 AM)

New logo? For the Sox?

Ahhh. Um, thumbs down from here. Im a purist - I loved it when the Phils went back to the older style, and I dont think Boston or the Yanks should be allowed by law to change their uniforms. smile.gif

That's a mistaken release. The hanging socks have been the logo for the Sox since 1931. It'sjust the baseball in the background that throws us off.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 12 2008, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 12 2008, 11:41 AM)

New logo? For the Sox?

That's a mistaken release. The hanging socks have been the logo for the Sox since 1931. It'sjust the baseball in the background that throws us off.

But the socks being all by themselves makes it look weird. IMO.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 12 2008, 02:37 PM)
What am I missing here? I've seen two new road uniforms. Are they going with the cap with the dangling socks?

There's two sets. The cap with the hanging socks will be used here & there from what I hear

QUOTE (asp324 @ Dec 13 2008, 11:42 PM)
Anyone have luck with tickets today? I'm in the "Virtual Waiting Room" right now.

I have no $$$ to try. Would love to go to a game! Go Sox!!!

Yanks got Burnett & Peavey. It was a definite upgrade to what they had. Whether that makes them a huge threat, we'll see. The Sox need another rotation pitcher say, a 13-15+ game winner. It wouldn't hurt if they got Texeira either.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 14 2008, 04:21 PM)
Anyone have luck with tickets today? I'm in the "Virtual Waiting Room" right now.

I got through, but the only tickets left were the ones behind posts, so I'll just try for the next onsale games. If we were gonna buy off their website, our limit would be about $50. Going for standing room green monster tickets. 1022.gif

As for pitching, I think we need D Lowe back.

QUOTE (asp324 @ Dec 14 2008, 06:46 PM)

I got through, but the only tickets left were the ones behind posts, so I'll just try for the next onsale games. If we were gonna buy off their website, our limit would be about $50. Going for standing room green monster tickets. 1022.gif

D Lowe would flourish with the infield we have now. If you add Texiera, that just makes it even better!!!

As for tix, I think that's awesome to go for. I wouldn't mind getting those!!!

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 14 2008, 06:17 PM)

D Lowe would flourish with the infield we have now. If you add Texiera, that just makes it even better!!!

I know and understand that place is a classic, but gee whiz you need another 10,000 seats... trink39.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 14 2008, 07:28 PM)

I know and understand that place is a classic, but gee whiz you need another 10,000 seats... trink39.gif

They're working on it. They build a little at a time. It makes more sense to have a higher demand than to have too many empty seats. I don't mind it.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 14 2008, 06:46 PM)

They're working on it. They build a little at a time. It makes more sense to have a higher demand than to have too many empty seats. I don't mind it.

Yeah btu it seems ot me that the supply and demand is just a wee bit too much on demand smile.gif Im not saying you should have tons of unused seats... but geez...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 14 2008, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 14 2008, 06:46 PM)

Yeah btu it seems ot me that the supply and demand is just a wee bit too much on demand smile.gif Im not saying you should have tons of unused seats... but geez...

That is what makes Fenway 'America's most beloved park' tongue.gif