Marvel or DC Comics

Der Trommler

I'm talking about quality of pictures, acting, how many....The overall picture of how well they make movies. Who would consider better

DC. Hands down. You've got Batman Begins (which is the best comic book to film adaptation yet), V for Vendetta, A History of Violence, and the first two Superman films. From what I've been hearing, Superman Returns is expected to live up to the hype it's been buzzing and the Batman Begins sequel is expected to be a lot better than the first (PM me if you want to hear what the general synopsis of the film is so far, as well as a list of rumored characters who could appear in it).

The only films Marvel has going for it are the first two X-Men Films and Spider-Man Films. Hulk was ok, but they dragged it on way too long. X-3 was, bleh. The Punisher (both of them) was nothing but your average action film. Ghost Rider looks like it's going to be a snore fest. And Fantastic Four was just an outright bastardization.

Yeah, I guess based solely on the films, I'd have to give a slight edge to DC. Always been more of a Marvel guy, as far as comics go, but, have a soft spot for the Batman.

well i say that the two spiderman movies were the best ever. batman begins was great as far as d.c. goes

In the 1970s and early 80s, DC had its Superman movies, and later, in the 1980s and early 90s the Tim Burton Batman movies.

Other than Spiderman, the Marvel comics have been flat on the big screen.

The Hulk movie was bad. The Fantastic Four movie...wtf? yeah.

So far, it is a wash.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 2 2006, 11:55 PM)
DC. Hands down. You've got Batman Begins (which is the best comic book to film adaptation yet), V for Vendetta, A History of Violence, and the first two Superman films. From what I've been hearing, Superman Returns is expected to live up to the hype it's been buzzing and the Batman Begins sequel is expected to be a lot better than the first (PM me if you want to hear what the general synopsis of the film is so far, as well as a list of rumored characters who could appear in it).

The only films Marvel has going for it are the first two X-Men Films and Spider-Man Films. Hulk was ok, but they dragged it on way too long. X-3 was, bleh. The Punisher (both of them) was nothing but your average action film. Ghost Rider looks like it's going to be a snore fest. And Fantastic Four was just an outright bastardization.

The only problem I have with movies & comics is they keep losing continuity when they use the same damn super heroes.....Batman (In Begins, they changed the premise of his existence from prior...) Superman was done many times before & I hope it does live up to it.....I liked Spidey I & II. I liked the entire Batman series (I liked Begins but had issues with continuity)

I love the X-men....I guess in adaption it really loses a lot? I had many friends that collected comics & the arguments raged.....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 3 2006, 12:26 PM)
The only problem I have with movies & comics is they keep losing continuity when they use the same damn super heroes.....Batman (In Begins, they changed the premise of his existence from prior...) Superman was done many times before & I hope it does live up to it.....I liked Spidey I & II. I liked the entire Batman series (I liked Begins but had issues with continuity)

That was the whole point of Begins though. The previous four movies where killed by Shumacher and after Batman and Robin, there was no way they could revive that continuity and make it respectable again. Then, after several years of different Batman movie projects comming and going like a bullet being shot at Superman, Chris Nolan stepped in and re-started the whole Batman franchise from the ground up, completely ignoring the Burton/Shumacher films and considering them canon (which was the best thing he could have done).

I'm a huge marvel fan. And I'm glad they waited until they had the effects to make Spiderman and X-Men. I really like the most recent Punisher too. I think marvel has a lot of great movies on the way (Iron Man!!)

But I agree with Kazz right now. DC has a lot more films under it's belt. Even though Spiderman and X-Men blow away any Superman film. Batman Begins is the best thing they've produced.

And Hulk has to be one of the worse movies I've ever seen.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 3 2006, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 3 2006, 12:26 PM)

That was the whole point of Begins though. The previous four movies where killed by Shumacher and after Batman and Robin, there was no way they could revive that continuity and make it respectable again. Then, after several years of different Batman movie projects comming and going like a bullet being shot at Superman, Chris Nolan stepped in and re-started the whole Batman franchise from the ground up, completely ignoring the Burton/Shumacher films and considering them canon (which was the best thing he could have done).

Exactly. Nolan did exactly what he had to do. They made it a serious film instead of a campy farce.

From what I heard, the original Batman was SUPPOSED to be an adaption of The Dark Knight....There was a line where Batman was holding the guy from the rooftop, 'Who are you? You don't own the night!'

Batman: (pulls closer) "I am the Knight!" (then, he drops him)

If this was true, this would have been a great way of doing the movies. Although, as bad as they seemed, those movies were not bad (At least the first one held some merit)

For me it would be Marvel, cause my fav super hero is Spiderman.

I think DC has a bit of an edge, although I grew up buying only Marvel. I thought the Spidey movies were brilliant. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The new Superman movie looks good from viewing the trailers and I actually liked the first Batman movie with Keaton and Jack Nicholson a little better than the new Batman. (I'm probably a minority with that view...!) biggrin.gif

What did you guys think of the Daredevil or Elektra movies?

If we are talking about the movies, I'd say DC.

Marvel caught up well lately with the first X-Men (I didn't like the 2nd and still haven't seen the 3rd) and the two Spider-Man, but DC legacy is more consistent.

QUOTE (2 Soups @ Jun 8 2006, 09:49 PM)
I actually liked the first Batman movie with Keaton and Jack Nicholson a little better than the new Batman. (I'm probably a minority with that view...!)  biggrin.gif

I thought that Batman Begins is the best superhero movie adaptation yet. This would be followed by Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2.

Daredevil...I liked some parts but there were just too many scenes that made me think "Oh man, this is NOT good." One scene that immediately comes to mind is the playground one where Murdock & Elektra are sparring. Also, I think the whole romance between them is rushed in the movie.

I didn't see Elektra because I wasn't satisfied with Daredevil.

QUOTE (2 Soups @ Jun 8 2006, 08:49 AM)
I think DC has a bit of an edge, although I grew up buying only Marvel. I thought the Spidey movies were brilliant. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The new Superman movie looks good from viewing the trailers and I actually liked the first Batman movie with Keaton and Jack Nicholson a little better than the new Batman. (I'm probably a minority with that view...!) biggrin.gif

I agree, although, I thought Val Kilmer was also very good in that role as well...Daredevil wasn't bad but I am afraid to watch Elektra. I heard bad things about it sad.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 8 2006, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (2 Soups @ Jun 8 2006, 09:49 PM)
I actually liked the first Batman movie with Keaton and Jack Nicholson a little better than the new Batman. (I'm probably a minority with that view...!)  biggrin.gif

I thought that Batman Begins is the best superhero movie adaptation yet. This would be followed by Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2.

Daredevil...I liked some parts but there were just too many scenes that made me think "Oh man, this is NOT good." One scene that immediately comes to mind is the playground one where Murdock & Elektra are sparring. Also, I think the whole romance between them is rushed in the movie.

I didn't see Elektra because I wasn't satisfied with Daredevil.

yes.gif maybe that's why....Most movies lack something. I think it's partly in due to the short attention span most people have now. Or it could be the movies made people that way...I'm not sure on that one.

The chicken or the egg?