Does anyone own any Sabian Paragon cymbals?

NeilPeartFan2112

I was just at 3 music stores yesterday and I wanted to be a new cymbal.....I just cracked mine....oops! lol I can't afford anything now! Like friggin chinese cymbal is like $250 which is insane....haha I asked the guy how much the flight case was and he was like....wow you know no one has asked me that question since it came here! lol it was $1800.....one day...one day....But I heard they are wicked. trink36.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 31 2004, 01:28 PM)
I own the 22" ride and love it! Next one I want is a 16" crash. NeilFinal.gif

That's sweet. I have a 10" splash and a 16" crash. I want an 18" crash and a 14" hi hat for my next two. I have this crappy hi hat that sounds so tinny, so I really need a new one. 1022.gif

I don't own any yet. I've played them numerous times and I'm in love with them. Some day (like D-13 said) I will get them.

I just cracked mine....oops! lol I can't afford anything now!

Well if you want, you could get a Sabian B8 for the time being. They're only like $50 per cymbal and its only $180 for a set.

Edited by kazzman

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 31 2004, 02:39 PM)
I don't own any yet. I've played them numerous times and I'm in love with them. Some day (like D-13 said) I will get them.

I just cracked mine....oops! lol I can't afford anything now!

Well if you want, you could get a Sabian B8 for the time being. They're only like $50 per cymbal and its only $180 for a set.

hmmm perhaps! thanks kazz! yea I have no name brand cymbals that sound really tinny....the only really good cymbal I have is the Sabian Pro B8 (I think that is what is called) 22'' heavy Ride....that thing is never leaving me....I use it as a gong too...lol trink36.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Oct 31 2004, 06:53 PM)
I have a Sabian XS 20" ride 1022.gif

Same here.

I also have a Wuhan 12'' China, Sabian 15'' B8 Crash, B8 18'' Crash, and B8 14'' high hats.

Just got my paycheck this weekend so I'll most likely get another full set of B8's and add another crash, replace my ride, and use the high-hats that come with it as an x-hat.

For their price, they're sound isn't that bad at all.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 31 2004, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Oct 31 2004, 06:53 PM)
I have a Sabian XS 20" ride  1022.gif

Same here.

I also have a Wuhan 12'' China, Sabian 15'' B8 Crash, B8 18'' Crash, and B8 14'' high hats.

Just got my paycheck this weekend so I'll most likely get another full set of B8's and add another crash, replace my ride, and use the high-hats that come with it as an x-hat.

For their price, they're sound isn't that bad at all.

That's very true. I got my Sabian XS 20" ride about a year ago and it still sounds great. The Paragons are better, obviously, but Sabian XS are good cymbals themselves. I wonder if Neil used them in his younger days LOL.gif NeilFinal.gif

I have the spashes which are great. I just got the "Performance Pack" which are the 14" hats, a ride, and a 16" crash.

I don't need the crash. The splashes are great and the ride is amazing.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 2 2004, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 2 2004, 02:56 PM)
I got 'em all.

Not.  LOL.gif  They do sound pretty damn cool though.

for a min. I was like WHAT LuCKY! lol laugh.gif

Nah, that would be real sweet though. My pc is bein st00pid!!! AHHHHH!! comp26.gif

Hey...I have all the paragons...I bought the set which comes with the carry case as well. I must say the cymbals are excellent. At first they were too loud, but now i play them and get chills! THEY ARE INCREDIBLE...my fave cymbals are the ride (of course), the 10'' splash, and the 20'' crash. The chynas i'm still not used to. they don't sound like normal chynas at all, but they are a part of the set, so i have to keep them because of Neil!

Picked up the 19" China and sounds so much better than the Wuhan and any Zildjian ,of course my opinion....was looking for less of a gong sound and this is it. just one at a time....

just added 10" splash for xmasto meeeee

Edited by o baterista

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 13 2004, 01:37 PM)
Hey...I have all the paragons...I bought the set which comes with the carry case as well. I must say the cymbals are excellent. At first they were too loud, but now i play them and get chills! THEY ARE INCREDIBLE...my fave cymbals are the ride (of course), the 10'' splash, and the 20'' crash. The chynas i'm still not used to. they don't sound like normal chynas at all, but they are a part of the set, so i have to keep them because of Neil!

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE you do...come on, post a pic for the rest of us! rofl3.gif