NFL Off-Season Moves

Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 18 2006, 08:03 AM)
Second... ALPHSEEKER.... NICE TO MEET YOU. I'm a huge Charger fan and until now... alone. Wait... you said you were in SD... you didn't really say you ARE a charger fan? Please be a Charger fan... Please? laugh.gif If so... I'll have someone else to post with in my official Chargers thread this season. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Third. I hate that Brees is gone. I really liked the guy, but his injury may be insurmountable. They have a great backup in Rivers and the third string guy (can't think of name right now... duh) could prove to be very good too. So all in all... i think it was THE move to make. I hope I'm not wrong.

Yep i am a fan - unfortunately a begrudged fan - everytime alex spanos does something right he goes ahead and screws it up by doing something stupid like trade an allpro QB one with top 5 rating in the last two years -

YES I WOULD BE GLAD TO SHARE MY THOUGHTS IN YOUR BOLT THREAD!!!!! be forewarned however i am NO FAN of marty - he is 0-4 in the post season since 94'- and 5-12 lifetime - he can never win the important games - so i will be bi@$%%ing about that next season - And HOORAY we finally got someone in the secondary -

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Schemer...

It isn't so much a gamble on a QB with a bad knee, after all, running the ball is NOT his primary responsibility. Marino was a pocket passer his whole career, rarely did he do anything w/qb sneaks, rolling out, etc. Dante's shoulder wasn't affected by his knee injury, so he can still throw downfield, I think. It's just his presence on the offense that will make the Dolphin's running game better, along with an upgraded offensive line. It's true that DC is coming cheaper, but Brees is the bigger question mark! DC was willing to take a pay cut and renegotiate his contract to come to MIA, Brees wanted guaranteed money for at least the first two years.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 28 2006, 12:07 AM)
Miami Dolphins signed former Niner FB Fred Beasley...I'm sad to see him go sad.gif  He is an excellent fullback and should be a big help for the Fish  yes.gif He paved the way for 3 1000 yard rushers in SF.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-d...ov=ap&type=lgns

common001.gif I'm happy to see him at the Dolphins, he's a good receiver too biggrin.gif

If the Dolphins manage to get Vince Young, he will be their QB of the future. The Fins are also talking to Joey Harrington about coming in a being a backup, as the Dolphins right now have no QBs on their roster with any NFL experience. Brock Berlin and Cleo Lemon have never thrown a pass in an NFL game. You're going to need a backup with some experience, regardless if Dante is ready on time or not!

Steve McNair is one of the most underapreciated players in the league, and has always been one of my favorite players, so I'm glad he is no longer getting screwed over by the Titans front office. I just wish it wasn't the Ravens he ended up with. I hate the Ravens, and their arrogant (throw in your favorite four letter words here) coach, and the thug Ray Lewis. Titans have let all of their best players go over the last couple seasons without replacing them (and if you think Vince Young is going to replace McNair, you're a fool, he'll be a combination of Ryan Leaf and Michael Vick, no passing accuracy, all running, and a real short career). Ravens could be big time player in the AFC this year.....in fact, they very well could win the North- Carson Palmer isn't going to be right on that reparied knee, and the Steelers are just keeping the Lombardi trophy safe for the Pats for the year, and would never have even won their first round game had Palmer not been injured- Could make things quite interesting........

Cut me some slack, Pittsburgh dominated Cincy. It sucked that Palmer went down, but the fact that a hole the size of Kansas was in that O-line said something about the course of the game early on.

Pit showed the same intensity in Indianapolis; Manning has been reported to have been asking about putting padding under the field as it is "really hard stuff" smile.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 7 2006, 06:43 PM)
McNair is traded by Titans to Ravens...(pending a physical)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2474267

Holy crap only just noticed this ohmy.gif

The Ravens have a QB, this division will be very competitive next season.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 8 2006, 02:03 AM)
Steve McNair is one of the most underapreciated players in the league, and has always been one of my favorite players, so I'm glad he is no longer getting screwed over by the Titans front office. I just wish it wasn't the Ravens he ended up with. I hate the Ravens, and their arrogant (throw in your favorite four letter words here) coach, and the thug Ray Lewis. Titans have let all of their best players go over the last couple seasons without replacing them (and if you think Vince Young is going to replace McNair, you're a fool, he'll be a combination of Ryan Leaf and Michael Vick, no passing accuracy, all running, and a real short career). Ravens could be big time player in the AFC this year.....in fact, they very well could win the North- Carson Palmer isn't going to be right on that reparied knee, and the Steelers are just keeping the Lombardi trophy safe for the Pats for the year, and would never have even won their first round game had Palmer not been injured- Could make things quite interesting........

Arogant thug eh? or are you just jealous he is the best defensive player in the NFL, I am sorry but Ray Lewis Rocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/zen_life/ray_lewis2.jpg

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 24 2006, 02:09 PM)
Ty Law signs with K.C. Chiefs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhUg...ov=ap&type=lgns

Good addition for the Chiefs, Herman Edwards will mould a good solid D there at Kansas.

Dick Vermeil had already made some good additions himself when he brought in Kendrell Bell from the Steelers Sammy Knight and Patrick Surtain from the Dolphins and drafted rookie linebacker Derrick Johnson..he's going to be a star wink.gif

Should be interesting smile.gif

QUOTE (Deathbyspartan @ Jul 24 2006, 05:46 AM)
Steve McNair is one of the most underapreciated players in the league, and has always been one of my favorite players, so I'm glad he is no longer getting screwed over by the Titans front office.  I just wish it wasn't the Ravens he ended up with.  I hate the Ravens, and their arrogant (throw in your favorite four letter words here) coach, and the thug Ray Lewis.  Titans have let all of their best players go over the last couple seasons without replacing them (and if you think Vince Young is going to replace McNair, you're a fool, he'll be a combination of Ryan Leaf and Michael Vick, no passing accuracy, all running, and a real short career).  Ravens could be big time player in the AFC this year.....in fact, they very well could win the North- Carson Palmer isn't going to be right on that reparied knee, and the Steelers are just keeping the Lombardi trophy safe for the Pats for the year, and would never have even won their first round game had Palmer not been injured-  Could make things quite interesting........

Arogant thug eh? or are you just jealous he is the best defensive player in the NFL, I am sorry but Ray Lewis Rocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/zen_life/ray_lewis2.jpg

He's not the best defensive player in the league anymore. He's passed his prime.

Dude. Have you ever seen his college stats?

Archived