Fantasy Baseball 2006

rickyrob

Ryan Howard in Round 20??? No love for last year's rookie phenom????

In my auction league, Ryan Howard went for $10, which was cheap, I thought. In last night's draft for my other league, which has 11 teams, Howard went in the fourth round, which was probably a bit early. Sophomore slumps are a real phenomenon, unfortunately, as I have learned the hard way in FBB.

I'll present my other team, drafted last night. This is a 5x5 rotisserie league, and rosters are set weekly, as opposed to daily, like most play. So the team you start on Monday remains that way until Sunday. No position changes may be made during the week. Should be interesting. I've never tried this format, and I don't know yet if I drafted correctly for it.

C Mike Piazza

1B Jason Giambi (11th Round!!)

2B Brian Roberts

3B Melvin Mora

SS Felipe Lopez

OF Vladimir Guerrero (Yes, I did draft third)

OF Lance Berkman

OF Pat Burrell

Util Richie Sexson

Bench Willy Taveras

SP Chris Carpenter

SP Roy Halladay

RP Francisco Rodriguez, aka K-Rod

RP Neal Cotts

P Zach Duke

P Chris Young

P Scot Shields

Bench Kelvim Escobar

Bench Noah Lowry

Bench Matt Cain

Bench Jae Seo

As I saw the standouts at each position get plucked in front of me in round 2, I decided to get the 2nd and 3rd best starting pitchers on the board and lock up that position. My Oriole infielders are suspect. They both spent significant time on the DL recently, and they are going to score less runs if the rumors about Tejada are true.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Mar 31 2006, 07:37 AM)
I almost goofed and didn't get a third outfielder. So now I don't have an outfielder on the bench. Any solution for that?

Yes you can add or drop players...you can go thru free agents and add them to your roster but u have to drop someone....you can also work out a trade with someone as well...

On your team page, at the top click on "Add Players"....Here will be list of players not drafted and are free pickings...find someone you like and click on the green cross beside it (under "Action")....then it will ask you to drop someone from your team so that your new player can replace him...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 9 2006, 01:39 AM)
Damn you ricky!!!! Ya beat me to snatching up Shelton!! rage.gif tongue.gif

Man that dude's on a tear!!! ohmy.gif (11 for 16, 5 dingers)

I might be able to do a deal with you test - I have 4 1st basers and I'm struggling to keep them all active wacko.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Apr 13 2006, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 9 2006, 01:39 AM)
Damn you ricky!!!! Ya beat me to snatching up Shelton!! rage.gif  tongue.gif

Man that dude's on a tear!!!  ohmy.gif (11 for 16, 5 dingers)

I might be able to do a deal with you test - I have 4 1st basers and I'm struggling to keep them all active wacko.gif

Actually I'm doing ok as far as first basemen goes..I have Thome (who has been pretty hot as well) and the steady Derek Lee....

What I need more than anything is pitching (then again who doesn't)

Just made an interesting trade in one of my leagues today. I traded Javier Vazquez straight up for Richie Sexson. Which side do you guys like? Vazquez has enormous potential that's never been realized. Sexson showed he's healthy last year with that incredible performance, in a pitcher's park, no less.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 16 2006, 03:11 PM)
Just made an interesting trade in one of my leagues today. I traded Javier Vazquez straight up for Richie Sexson. Which side do you guys like? Vazquez has enormous potential that's never been realized. Sexson showed he's healthy last year with that incredible performance, in a pitcher's park, no less.

The real question is who will have more strikeouts, Sexson or Vazquez?

Who's got Jonny Gomes? That guy is on a tear. Two more homers tonight. He's been huge for my team in the 6x6 league since I replaced Wilkerson with him.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 21 2006, 03:26 PM)
There's a guy in my league (He's in last place so far) and every member of his team is on the Braves.

Alamo:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/283033/4

The strategy of amassing all players of one team is almost always not effective. You'll only go as far as that team goes. I learned this my first year ever, when I had a lot of Yankees (and I'm not even a Yankee fan) on my roster, and the Yankees went through a big slump. In a head to head league, where that experiment took place, you don't get those weeks back. I'm just guessing that guy doesn't care that much about how he finishes, and that he gets enjoyment out of having his Braves on the roster.

The reason I got Vazquez in that deal was because the other guy was a big White Sox fan, and he wanted a White Sox player on his roster, as he wasn't able to get one in the draft. I knew his reasons for wanting Vazquez, and was finally able to extract a good player out of him (Richie Sexson). If you have guys in your league who are big fans of certain clubs, try to trade them players on their favorite teams. They'll likely give you too much for the player they want. In my head to head league, many people overvalue Cubs, as they are mostly Cub fans. Mark Prior tends to go for way more than his theoretical value in the auction, for example. Same with Kerry Wood.

Here's a trade that's going down in one of my leagues. I'm not involved in this one. Morgan Ensberg for Hank Blalock, straight up. Which side do you guys like on this one?

TRF CURRENT STANDINGS

Team Points

Ricky's Limeys 61

GHOSTRYDERS 60.5

Raider917 54

Heineken Hitmen 46

Barney's Rebels 45

Sea Dragons 40.5

The Gothham Knights 29

Ricky and I battling it out big time..we've been flip-flopping 1st and 2nd all week...

BTW where you been buddy? confused13.gif

Archived