The Professional Wrestling Thread

Rush!

I love it. I began watching it in 2002 and ever since then, I've been a loyal fan. I am DYING to go see a live event but can never get tickets. They're constantly sold out! Tell me guys, do you love it? Like it? Hate it? If you love it explain why, how long you've watched it and if you've ever been to a live show. If you hate it explain why. Hopefully this will extend to over 10 pages... cool10.gif

LOVE IT!!! yes.gif

Got into it when i was only five years old. I'm slightly disinterested right now, because I think there's not a lot of focus on mat skill and in ring psychology, and just soap opera plots and vignettes, but that hasn't diminished my love or respect for it.

I used to work for the CYC in Scranton, where all the wrestling events took place and met every wrestler I ever worshipped growing up. I was trained by an ex wrestler from the Florida leagues. He never made it, but he gave me a good enough foundation to go to the Samoan School outside of Allentown. I moved up pretty quickly and was doing quite well but being a father and husband came first and I eventually had to stop. I worked only two matches as a wrestler, but three as a bodyguard/enforcer type. I also reffed four matches. Reffing is really hard by the way. You control so much of the flow of the match.

I've been to countless matches. I could fill the ten pages you want with stories about who i've met and matches i've seen. I'll break them up though. Let some others get a word in edgewise. laugh.gif

The last match I saw was WrestleMania in Toronto.

i loved it as a kid growing up when it was on saturday night at midnight for an hour .this was the mid to late 70s. it was nothing in those days compared to what it is now but it was awesome.i watched up untill the mid 80s when i thought it just became to much for me.i have not watched in years and am not a fan but i look back fondly on my childhood memories of the sport.

Hate it!

Its stupid, boring, and the worst of all, ACTED.

Give me Mick McManus back anytime - this was proper wrestling, not a game, a sport.

Loved it as a kid in the 70's. Got to see Andre the Giant, Fritz von Erik, and many others at the now defunct Sportatorium in Dallas. Even then I knew it was a put-on. How come a 10yr old kid like me could hit someone and draw blood but when Andre the Giant hits some tomato can in the mouth there's nothing? It was still a lot of fun; they really knew how to play up the drama back then. Occasionally today when I come across the modern version while channel surfing I'll stop down for a giggle.

Archived