Championship Weekend/Superbowl

Batman

Ok I don't like doing this most times I am wrong but instead of going threw the Broncos Steelers Seahawks and by the way no love for the Panthers???

I made this one.

I am not saying your team stinks or anything like that just what I think is going to happen.

Pitt 17 Den 28

Car 14 Sea 28

Superbowl

Sea 32 Den14

I think the Home teams win out this week.

Also I think it was pretty dumb of the Steelers to call out the Refs they are going to call a close game which I think will hurt the Steelers.

Without Deshaun Forster the Seahawks are going to key in on stopping Steve Smith and the passing Game.

I just would like to see someone who hasn't won it yet win.

PIT 26 DEN 20

CAR 20 SEA 21

Superbowl

SEA 27 PIT 31

Go Steelers!

BTW, If the Steelers DO win it, will they be the first wild card team to win it since the Ravens??

i see it like this.

denver wins.

carolina wins.

denver beats carolina.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 19 2006, 05:23 AM)
PIT 26 DEN 20

CAR 20 SEA 21

Superbowl

SEA 27 PIT 31

Damn!!! You been peeking at my picks haven't you?? ahahahaha

No wait, I didn't make any picks yet. wink.gif

Steelers 35

Broncos 10

Seahawks 24

Panthers 17

Super Bowl

Steelers 27

Seahawks 21

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 19 2006, 07:23 AM)
PIT 26 DEN 20

CAR 20 SEA 21

Superbowl

SEA 27 PIT 31

Go Steelers!

BTW, If the Steelers DO win it, will they be the first wild card team to win it since the Ravens??

I believe if the Steelers win they will be the first 6th seeded team to ever win the Superbowl. I think I heard last weekend that no 6th seeded team has ever made it to a Conference Championship game.

I am no good at guessing scores but I think the Steelers are going to win the Superbowl.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 19 2006, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 19 2006, 07:23 AM)
PIT 26 DEN 20

CAR 20 SEA 21

Superbowl

SEA 27 PIT 31

Go Steelers!

I believe if the Steelers win they will be the first 6th seeded team to ever win the Superbowl. I think I heard last weekend that no 6th seeded team has ever made it to a Conference Championship game.

I am no good at guessing scores but I think the Steelers are going to win the Superbowl.

Its about time Cowher won it yes.gif

He's been prolly the most consistent coach in recent years and he seems to have been there, like, forever.

Respect 1022.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 19 2006, 11:50 AM)
PIT 26 DEN 20

CAR 20 SEA 21

Superbowl

SEA 27 PIT 31

Steelers 35

Broncos 10

Seahawks 24

Panthers 17

Super Bowl

Steelers 27

Seahawks 21

indy you should smoke a little bit less than you do.

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 19 2006, 09:53 AM)
Ok I don't like doing this most times I am wrong but instead of going threw the Broncos Steelers Seahawks and by the way no love for the Panthers???
I made this one.
I am not saying your team stinks or anything like that just what I think is going to happen.

Pitt 17 Den 28

Car 14 Sea 28

Superbowl
Sea 32 Den14

Also I think it was pretty dumb of the Steelers to call out the Refs they are going to call a close game which I think will hurt the Steelers.

Without Deshaun Forster the Seahawks are going to key in on stopping Steve Smith and the passing Game.

I like the way you think........I second that!

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 19 2006, 08:45 AM)
denver    53
steelers    0

carolina  47
seattle      3

Nice picks Daveyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now march your ass back to the Manly thread until you learn some football son. ahahahahah tongue.gif 1022.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1287.gif common001.gif 653.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif biggrin.gif

doh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 19 2006, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 19 2006, 11:50 AM)
PIT 26 DEN 20

CAR 20 SEA 21

Superbowl

SEA 27 PIT 31

Steelers 35

Broncos 10

Seahawks 24

Panthers 17

Super Bowl

Steelers 27

Seahawks 21

indy you should smoke a little bit less than you do.

Yep, my problem is that I smoke too much. cool10.gif

rofl3.gif 1022.gif

Bake the Rolls Do0d!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 20 2006, 02:20 PM)
If the Panthers and Steelers both get to the Superbowl they will become the second and third team to do so with three road wins in the playoffs.

Bear in mind that nowadays, the wild card teams generally have better records than in the past, when there were only 6 divisions.

At one time, teams could scrape into the playoffs with 9-7 records, in some bazaar cases, an 8-8 record. Now, following the restructure, this is near on impossible.

The Steelers were ranked #6 in the AFC with an 11-5 record in regular season.

So I think this is likely to happen more often in the future.

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 19 2006, 09:53 AM)
I made this one.

Pitt 17 Den 28

Car 14 Sea 28

Superbowl
Sea 32 Den14

Ok I was half right on this one I still don't like the gun shy refs this week the NFC game was a little bit better even with the blown Block in the back on Smith punt Return for a TD.

I so want to see a close Super Bowl but I think we are starting to head towards the blowouts we had in the 80's and 90's.

Congrats to the Seahawks and Steelers for getting to the big Dance

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 23 2006, 07:54 AM)
If the Panthers and Steelers both get to the Superbowl they will become the second and third team to do so with three road wins in the playoffs.

Bear in mind that nowadays, the wild card teams generally have better records than in the past, when there were only 6 divisions.

At one time, teams could scrape into the playoffs with 9-7 records, in some bazaar cases, an 8-8 record. Now, following the restructure, this is near on impossible.

fing.gif Funny, Just last year BOTH the Rams AND Vikings made the playoffs at 8-8......It still happends.......'Near Impossible'? Huh, really? ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Templar of Syrinx @ Jan 23 2006, 05:25 PM)

fing.gif Funny, Just last year BOTH the Rams AND Vikings made the playoffs at 8-8......It still happends.......'Near Impossible'? Huh, really? ph34r.gif

doh.gif

I'm obviously just a stoopid limey, who know nowt about the NFL.

The point I was trying to make, and was probably wrong in saying 'near impossible', is that where a team finishing 2nd or 3rd in a 5 team division may have once had a fair chance of making the playoffs, this is now kind of difficult with the 4 x 4 team divisions, because there are now the 4 divisional winners, plus 2 next best records. Previously, it was 3 divisional winners, with the next 3 best records. this made it easier to get a wild card spot, if you weren't top of your division.

Also, this year, with the lowest ranked teams from the AFC and NFC both having very good records, it was more likely that a 6th seeded team was going to go all the way.

I hope this explanation has made things a bit clearer as to what I was trying to say.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 23 2006, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (Templar of Syrinx @ Jan 23 2006, 05:25 PM)

doh.gif

I'm obviously just a stoopid limey, who know nowt about the NFL.

The point I was trying to make, and was probably wrong in saying 'near impossible', is that where a team finishing 2nd or 3rd in a 5 team division may have once had a fair chance of making the playoffs, this is now kind of difficult with the 4 x 4 team divisions, because there are now the 4 divisional winners, plus 2 next best records. Previously, it was 3 divisional winners, with the next 3 best records. this made it easier to get a wild card spot, if you weren't top of your division.

Also, this year, with the lowest ranked teams from the AFC and NFC both having very good records, it was more likely that a 6th seeded team was going to go all the way.

I hope this explanation has made things a bit clearer as to what I was trying to say.

yes.gif

I would agree with both those points........

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2006, 04:51 PM)
I don't think that this Super Bowl will be that great.  We have two above average teams playing for all of the marbles.  The NFL got what it wanted.  The parity in the league has produced a watered down championship.

You're not a Cowboys fan by any chance are you? wacko.gif

These two teams are hot on offense and nasty on defence, both deserve to be there, both are very good teams...and maybe even one day great teams confused13.gif

This will be a good superbowl yes.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 2 2006, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2006, 04:51 PM)
I don't think that this Super Bowl will be that great.  We have two above average teams playing for all of the marbles.  The NFL got what it wanted.  The parity in the league has produced a watered down championship.

You're not a Cowboys fan by any chance are you? wacko.gif

These two teams are hot on offense and nasty on defence, both deserve to be there, both are very good teams...and maybe even one day great teams confused13.gif

This will be a good superbowl yes.gif

Sure I'm a Cowboys fan but this is not where my beliefs stem. There used to be a time when the two Super Bowl teams were complete in all three phases of the game. This is no longer true. When my mediocre Cowboys can play Seattle to an overtime game, the Broncos to and overtime game and demolish the Panters (in their home stadium) during a critical part of the season, then the league is definitely watered down. I know that my team isn't that good right now but to keep pace with three out of the four teams involved in the Conference Championship games is pretty weak.

Archived