QUOTE (tick @ Jan 19 2006, 11:29 AM)
i see it like this. 
denver wins.
carolina wins.
denver beats carolina.

did i sat that ? unsure.gif

oh yes yes.gif

doh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2006, 11:27 AM)
This will be one of the lowest rated Super Bowls in history.

And sadly, the only reason for that is because there is no team from the northeast or south in it. While it appears there are quite a few Steelers fans throughout the midwest, there are almost no Seahawks fans in the country at all, other than in our little corner. But, as seems to have been pointed out on television, radio, newsprint, and even a few times here, the northwest is nothing. If we didn't exist, nobody would notice or care, which is sad.

Even now, the majority of the country seems to be rooting for the Steelers, not because the Seahawks are heels, but because we are so unknown that nobody wants a team of 'who-are-theys' to win the championship.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Feb 2 2006, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2006, 11:27 AM)
This will be one of the lowest rated Super Bowls in history.

And sadly, the only reason for that is because there is no team from the northeast or south in it. While it appears there are quite a few Steelers fans throughout the midwest, there are almost no Seahawks fans in the country at all, other than in our little corner. But, as seems to have been pointed out on television, radio, newsprint, and even a few times here, the northwest is nothing. If we didn't exist, nobody would notice or care, which is sad.

Even now, the majority of the country seems to be rooting for the Steelers, not because the Seahawks are heels, but because we are so unknown that nobody wants a team of 'who-are-theys' to win the championship.

I met a Seahawk fan for the first time about five or six weeks ago. He was talking some serious smack. Putting down my Cowboys at the same time. I'm like, "hey buddy, when was the last time that you won a playoff game?" I didn't want the Steelers to tie the Cowboys 49er record of Super Bowl victories but I must pull for them this year. They are a cool team and I've always been a fan of the Bus. Anyway, a Seahawk fan talking smack would be like be talking smack to a Yankees fan if the Rangers were to go to the World Series. I had never even seen a Seahawk fan before. Go Steelers!!

I'll be at the FBR Open Sat and Sun, so I might catch the second half of the SuperBowl. Don't really care, going to the golf!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2006, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 2 2006, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2006, 04:51 PM)
I don't think that this Super Bowl will be that great.  We have two above average teams playing for all of the marbles.  The NFL got what it wanted.  The parity in the league has produced a watered down championship.

You're not a Cowboys fan by any chance are you? wacko.gif

These two teams are hot on offense and nasty on defence, both deserve to be there, both are very good teams...and maybe even one day great teams confused13.gif

This will be a good superbowl yes.gif

Sure I'm a Cowboys fan but this is not where my beliefs stem. There used to be a time when the two Super Bowl teams were complete in all three phases of the game. This is no longer true. When my mediocre Cowboys can play Seattle to an overtime game, the Broncos to and overtime game and demolish the Panters (in their home stadium) during a critical part of the season, then the league is definitely watered down. I know that my team isn't that good right now but to keep pace with three out of the four teams involved in the Conference Championship games is pretty weak.

I think YOUR team played very well this season and were unlucky not to make the play-offs.

Your opinion that overtime games against the Seahawks and Broncos and a victory against the Panthers proves that the league is watered down doesn't wash with me. That's down to how well the Cowboys played more than anything else. But okay the NFC is admittedly much weaker than the AFC at present.

Parity has to be good for the game yes.gif

There's nothing worse than two or three teams dominating a sport for years and years...that's the situation we have in the soccer premier league here right now, and it makes things very uninteresting.

Parity is good because it gives everyone an equal chance not just the very very rich teams, but then you're a Cowboys fan so you're a little biased wink.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 3 2006, 09:27 AM)
I don't think that this Super Bowl will be that great.  We have two above average teams playing for all of the marbles.  The NFL got what it wanted.  The parity in the league has produced a watered down championship.

These two teams are hot on offense and nasty on defence, both deserve to be there, both are very good teams...and maybe even one day great teams confused13.gif

Sure I'm a Cowboys fan but this is not where my beliefs stem. There used to be a time when the two Super Bowl teams were complete in all three phases of the game. This is no longer true. When my mediocre Cowboys can play Seattle to an overtime game, the Broncos to and overtime game and demolish the Panters (in their home stadium) during a critical part of the season, then the league is definitely watered down. I know that my team isn't that good right now but to keep pace with three out of the four teams involved in the Conference Championship games is pretty weak.

I think YOUR team played very well this season and were unlucky not to make the play-offs.

Your opinion that overtime games against the Seahawks and Broncos and a victory against the Panthers proves that the league is watered down doesn't wash with me. That's down to how well the Cowboys played more than anything else. But okay the NFC is admittedly much weaker than the AFC at present.

There's nothing worse than two or three teams dominating a sport for years and years...that's the situation we have in the soccer premier league here right now, and it makes things very uninteresting.

Parity is good because it gives everyone an equal chance not just the very very rich teams, but then you're a Cowboys fan so you're a little biased wink.gif

We are at opposite sides on this one. All of the teams are pretty much the same now. These two teams are good but not great. My team had a very suspect offensive line and no kicker.

Parity is bad for the big games. This matchup flat out stinks.

Secondly, the AFC is not much better than the NFC. Take away the Colts and they are pretty even. I believe that the AFC west was supposed to be a strong division this year. Well, the NFC east stacked up against them pretty well. If college football ever goes to a playoff format then they will pass the NFL.

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 3 2006, 09:27 AM)

You got your parity. What a shitty game.

Archived