Bruce Almighty 2

RushRevisited

I hate it when people (not just you) say that sequels don't need to be made. I can see your point with drama (if the script was tied shut at the end) but with comedy? No. I think this movie is just the same movie with a different plot and a different lead. And it's a comedy, so it makes it a completely new film. That's like saying they shouldn't have made 3 more Scary Movie... movies. It's just a whole new script. I see no problem with it.

Loved the first film.

Hope this one is as funny.

A lot of Hollywood comedies like Bruce Almighty get a similar reaction from my wife and I. We see it and say, "that was cute." Cute means as a rental it's generic, non-offensive, halfway-decent entertainment, nothing to write home about and instantly forgettable. It wasn't a bad way to spend 90-minutes, especially if you didn't fork out $17 at the theater. "Cute" movies are all well and fine, but "Cute - Part 2" seems to me genearlly to be a total waste of time and done purely for $.

All that said, Steve Carell is pretty damn funny, so who knows, maybe this movie will be decent. I'm just glad Jim Carey (who has become an excellent dramatic actor IMHO) isn't wasting his talent on run of the mill comedies for Cute Part 2, at least this time.