Chinese Democracy might actually be released

PuppetKing2112

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 6 2006, 06:10 PM)
I wont be going to see them period until Axl prooves he can do an entire tour without flaking out on 90% of the tourdates. I dont wanna buy my ticket and then have to go get a refund later.

This one might work out...Axl seemed pretty psyched about touring and putting the record out in this interview. Even in 2002, he wasn't out going places like he has been lately. He seems like he has it together more now than he did in 2002. We'll see how the European tour goes - he hinted at a US tour once the album was released.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 6 2006, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 6 2006, 06:10 PM)
I wont be going to see them period until Axl prooves he can do an entire tour without flaking out on 90% of the tourdates.  I dont wanna buy my ticket and then have to go get a refund later.

This one might work out...Axl seemed pretty psyched about touring and putting the record out in this interview. Even in 2002, he wasn't out going places like he has been lately. He seems like he has it together more now than he did in 2002. We'll see how the European tour goes - he hinted at a US tour once the album was released.

Axl is Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. He will no-show his concerts. Chinese Democracy is going to be poorly received.

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ May 6 2006, 08:08 PM)
Chinese Democracy is going to be poorly received.

Actually, reactions I've seen to the leaks earlier this year (t**t, IRS, Better, etc) have been mostly positive. I believe NME did a feature on them a month or so ago, and they liked them, and I KNOW Rolling Stone said they were "better than most of Use Your Illusion I&II." Personally, I really like all of the new songs...they sound like an updated version of GNR...It still sounds like Guns N' Roses, but there are electronic and industrial textures to them.

People who say the new songs suck because they "don't sound like GNR" need to get over themselves. What are everybody's favorite songs from the Use Your Illusion albums? November Rain, Estranged, Coma...and those songs are all keyboards and strings and choir vocals...I guess that doesn't sound like Welcome to the Jungle either. The new songs rock...and Axl's voice sounds fantastic still.

This is the interview I referred to above. And like I said, I have audio if anyone's interested.

A few things wrong with the article:

Axl said nobody from the past would be the new guitarist...he did say Izzy might show up at the shows, but he clearly meant that Izzy might ATTEND the shows, not that he's back in the band. The article misinterpreted it. And Axl in no way hintedthat Slash would be back in...where did they get that?

Tonight is the first Guns show in 4 years. With any luck, Axl will show up and play a full show. Last week on the radio he seemed pretty excited about doing the shows, so we will find out what he's really up to. We will also find out who the third guitarist is.

As for the setlist, I've heard reports that Better, IRS, and t**t were played either at soundcheck or rehersals...and Axl confirmed in the interview last week that Nighttrain, Paradise City, and Madagascar are still in the setlist (the first two are only expected, but Madagascar I'm happy about still being played) as well as a new song the band has just written and not even recorded yet. We'll see how it all goes down.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5900/picture43vu.jpg

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/gunsnroses/hammerstein/6.jpg

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/gunsnroses/hammerstein/5.jpg

Looking good! Looks like he really got back in shape after 2002...and he lost the bling and jerseys and botox, which is always a plus.

Last night Izzy Stradlin came on and performed Think About You, Patience, Nightrain, and Paradise City with Guns. Apparently Kid Rock ( 062802puke_prv.gif ) also came on for Nightrain...but who cares....IZZY!

So...4 shows down, and Axl hasn't pulled a single no-show yet.

There is NO excuse for pulling Kid Rock on stage, that guy should have never been popular. What possible purpose could Axl have had in bringing someone with 0 talent on stage to sing with him.

I also dont get with 7 backing musicians in his band as the regular lineup, why he feels the need to pull out guest performers like Sebastian Bach, Izzy, Kid Rock. Is the material THAT complex that it requires 8+ people on stage, or does he just want to pretend that hes that important?

A note: I just downloaded that soundboard I linked above...and all I can say is whoever did the mix for the AOL stream needs to be shot. The guitars are barely audible, and Axl sounds muffled. He sounds great, WHEN YOU CAN HEAR HIM, which is never. And I don't like the way they do Knocking on Heaven't Door live...the version on Use Your Illusion II they make it sound like a GNR song, but this version sounds like a cover band trying to sing the Dylan version. On Live Era, Axl makes it into a call and response with the audience, and then the band does a reggaue breakdown, and it's incredible. But he's totally playing it safe here.

And only 3 new songs? No Madagascar, There Was a Time, or Chinese Democracy?

Not worth the download. I hope a better source comes out soon...or we can look forward to the live album/DVD that was filmed at the NY shows.

Edited because T.W.A.T. was censored pointlessly.

I used to LOVE Guns N Roses.....in 1988!

Sorry, but when I see Axl do his snakey-swaying dance, I wanna 062802puke_prv.gif ...and who can forget Adam Sandler's Axl Rose in "Lunch Lady Land"? laugh.gif

It's hard to take them seriously.

...but to each his own...I'm sure this album is anticipated by alot of people, so it's all good smile.gif

Archived